1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

[Manhwa] UnOrdinary

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Grimm6Jack, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Grimm6Jack

Portugal
    UnOrdinary is an original created and illustrated by Uru-chan. Initially hosted on Tapastic, it was then featured on LINE Webtoon's Challenge League before becoming a full-fledged webtoon on LINE.

PLOT:

The world is not perfect. Learning to deal with its flaws is just a normal part of life. But there comes a point where these imperfections spawn a crushing realisation... that something needs to change...

Didn't see a thread about it yet so I decided to create it myself. Some people might become interested in it. I'm digging it so far. Give it a read as well.
    Can't post pics, but look it up on LINE Webtoon.

2. Keishin Well-Known Member

The fact that the author is called uru chan makes it trash already damn

3. Grimm6Jack

Portugal
    Got that same impression in the first place. But after seeing it's sudden rise in popularity I decided to give it a try and it's actually pretty good.

4. ~VK~ The King

read this almost since it started. it's good but you have to mind the slow pace and relatively short chapters. you get used to it after a while tho.

5. Bielec Well-Known Member

I enjoy reading this series quite a bit. One of few series im still not disappointed in (thought it is fairly new series).

6. Morglay .

I'm enjoying it, bit worried about the power creep but it doesn't seem to want to go that way yet.

7. Bielec Well-Known Member

Well, Sera is is shitty situation. I wonder how she would handle being harassed for weakness, and finding out that John is lying.

8. Morglay .

I wonder how hard Arlo is going to shit his pants when he sees John coming for him. :kobeha

9. Grimm6Jack

Portugal
    Wonder what will happen after this chapter. Will the author try to cover it all up with Sera regaining her ability at that exact time and rewind her wound?? Because if nothing happens, then Arlo is in some deep shit... No way is John not going to know that Sera bled if everyone starts talking about it.
    But then again he is really reluctant to use his ability, at which point let's be honest, it's being pretty dumb of him. Maybe it's his way to punish himself (we are still in the dark about him, and even more now that we know about his ability suddenly rising when it was just around 1 before) for what he did in the past with his abusive power, but he should be over it already. The UnOrdinary book from his father should've taught him the lesson, as Sera noted, only the strongest have the power to help the weak and influence the world with their power and he could do just that!!!
    Still another pretty good chapter, but like most, way too quick, and another pain in the neck of a week wait... It was perfect when I read the first 52 chapters in a row. :(

10. Morglay .

He doesn't use his ability because he doesn't trust himself to be fair with it. He was a cruel King before, imagine what he'll be like with this lot who have beaten him like a dog and treated him like trash everyday he has seen them. He wouldn't get chance to be kind to them even if he wanted to as they would be constantly testing the limits of what they could do with this previously well known bitch boy now leading them.

11. Bielec Well-Known Member

I wish this chapter was longer, or at least sticked to one person, we got double cliffhanger with doc/Sera, and Arlo/John. I really wonder if they manage to get her powers back, though if it happens i guess it will be much later, would be anticlimatic if she recovered too early.
    I wonder how to what extent other students will bully Seraphina, since she was at the top before, and now below everybody, that's putting target on her back, even more that being cripple from the beginning.
    Hope that soon she will find out, truth about John, wanna see how they will handle it.

12. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

Definitely subscribed to this series on Webtoons. It’s pretty good...

13. Grimm6Jack

Portugal
    The chapters need to be longer...

But then again, this is what happens when you read something, something good mind you, weekly, it's even worse when it's monthly.

14. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

15. Morglay .

I actually have respect for Arlo after this chapter - I quite like his character although he is a twat. The fact he worked on his cqc even with his ability is a nice touch.

16. Bielec Well-Known Member

I want to know how John's ability work, if he copy a power, how long he can use it after other person stops using ability.
    Also how does physical strenght work in this universe? Arlo was shown a few times to have strong body, can other people be as impressive even if they aren't high tiers?

17. Morglay .

I think John himself could actually be close to the top of what people can do without powers. This school is filled with the high tier students and escaping fights with only cuts and broken limbs is pretty impressive.

18. Bielec Well-Known Member

I know that John is skilled fighter, and he keeps himself in good shape. I was wondering about pure physical strenght, like how much can they lift, and how it is connected to abilities. I thought that people get stronger when they use ability, but Arlo certainly didn't and still lifted John with one arm, and took barely any damage from a punch.

19. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

There’s no standard measurement of strength in unOrdinary that I know of. I don’t recall there being any incredible feats to make me think those with powers are that much stronger physically than the cripples without activating their powers either. Perhaps enhanced durability in the case of John because of the beatdowns he receives on a regular basis...?

20. Morglay .

They have ratings on their abilities and the author included the stat pages at the end of each chapter. Durability, power, speed, trick, endurance were all included stats can't remember the rest. The entire universe is based on standardised measurements of strength to establish order. The author has shown in fights people doing things beyond a normal person's ability to deal with and if you come at me with some MMA shit what's a low kick going to do to a lazer in the face?

21. Bielec Well-Known Member

Green haired bitch is really asking for trouble, hope she get's murked.

22. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

Guess John’s big reveal to Seraphina has been postponed due to Remi coming to her aid. Blyke will lend a hand out of his relationship with Remi most likely and Isen might step in since he doesn’t want John to go berserk...

23. Bielec Well-Known Member

Soon John's secret should be revealed to Seraphina. Also having cripple friend that somehow manages not to give up, while she herself lost her powers, must be comforting, I wonder how she will take the news, that John is mentally unstable high tier.

24. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

Who knew Ass-lo’s words would have some impact on John. If he really cares about Seraphina then he should be protecting her with his own hands. This just sucks for that stupid green-haired chick because she’s about to get that work lol...

25. David an accident

It's sad that John is connecting with Sera on a deeper level based on the lie that he is powerless. On the other hand, it was pretty sweet to see Zeke get KTFO. It's always great to see John savagely beating people who deserve it with their own weapons.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  26. Morglay .

John even manages to give his punisher flex bitch mode vibes - paper bag like some ugly thot... Was nice to see Zeke getting freaked though.

27. Grimm6Jack

Portugal
    Arlo is the most growing character so far actually, maybe together with Blyke. Who knew he would actually punch John after getting his ass kicked and even obeying him at times due to fear of getting ass kicked again. And yes, he makes perfect sense and John is starting to reflect on his words.

Zeke deserved that beat down.

28. Bielec Well-Known Member

I wonder how (badly) Seraphina will react once she finds out truth about John. And he should fight back more often, instead of exploding once in a while, and going overboard.

29. ~VK~ The King

This self loathing crap has gone on long enough. He legit let sera get beat up right in front of him instead of doing anything. Fuck this crap the pay off is no longer worth this amount of bullshit i'm legit mad. And fuck john too this worthless character.

30. Namikaze Minato Flash Well-Known Member

Yeah my dude had me heated laying hands on Zeke AFTER he watched Sera get beat down. It’s cool that John resolved himself to fight but even his clap back seemed to be just for himself...