1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Unresticted Tier List Construction Thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Training Grounds' started by Kinjishi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Baroxio

Wait, he doesn't have intangibility? I thought he did? huh. Pretty overblown in price if that's the case.

2. Reznor Supporting Staff

What's so wrong about a companion pet?

3. Dr. Leonard Church

Does he have self-Kamui or ally-Kamui disabled like Tobi? Because it's not listed. Nor is Kamui Raikiri.

4. Edward Nygma

Changed the time limit for registration to, "Registration is open for one week, or until we reach 16 participants; whichever comes first."

That puts the hard cutoff on early Tuesday for most people. If it doesn't take the whole week to reach 16 people, we'll be able to start the tournament on Sunday or Monday; generally considered optimal tournament time.

5. Big Mom

Exactly

Have you added Shin Uchiha yet Kinjishi?

6. Kinjishi

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  7. Kinjishi

8. KyuubiFan

Is there a range limit on Shin's telekinesis? If no then 60-68 sounds OK, if it's a short range tech then probably 48-54.

9. Big Mom

Thank you Kinjishi, hopefully a few more people will weigh in on the matter.

Though I'm curious as to why "copying techniques he has shown the skill for" has been banned, but other than that thank you!

I would say he is either 36-42 points for weapon manipulation and sharingan usage.

10. Kinjishi

He hasn't used any Ninjutsu, so we don't know his elemental affinity, his clone proficiency, his skill level, etc. How can we let him copy Jutsu if we've never seen him use Jutsu?

11. Big Mom

12. Dr. Leonard Church

He's literally Shigure with more experience and Sharingan. 10 points would be pushing it. I wouldn't buy him for anything more than 4.

Reference: Shigure was a Genin in the Chunin Exam Arc, who had the ability to fire senbon from his umbrella and control them with chakra. He was killed by Gaara. In the KC Shigure is a 2-pointer.

13. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Nah he's more like Yashamaru with mastery and sharingan. Seeing as his telekinesis is pretty fast, he has good reactions, a sharingan for genjutsu, predicitions, and movement copying, and some decent knowledge, I'd price him anywhere from 12 to 24.

14. Dr. Leonard Church

His telekinesis requires significantly more prep time to use to be effective, he hasn't shown genjutsu and isn't allowed copying, and his reaction time has always been shit. The guy had to use his clone as a meatshield against Sasuke and still got hurt.

The only reason he was able to hurt Naruto/Sasuke was through sneak attacks without knowledge of his jutsu and even then he got himself oneshot by Sakura. Friggin Sakura.

15. Big Mom

His telekinesis has shown very little prep time, all that requires is one touch to completely take over a target (person and weapon alike). It is similar to the prep time required for Danzo's seal that he used on Sasuke to bind him. He showed enough dexterity with his telekinesis to perform surgery on himself, which is a seriously underrated feat.

He brings knowledge on both Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura, as well as both incredibly high resilience (he took a punch from Sakura and survived doing open surgery on himself, which is pain that is unimaginable. The ability to not only control weapons and allies, but opponents as well is a powerful jutsu, not to be underestimated. Remember, he was quick enough with it to intercept a point blank attack from End of Manga Sasuke.

Another undestimated feat is his Sharingan Eye creature. Not only would it provide genjutsu resistance (though his Sharingan already offers that), but he can use it as a communicator, like he did to communicate with his clones, and also shares vision with it, which is also an underrated ability. And, worse case scenerio, he can tag it as well and use it as a shield if he needs to.

Furthermore, he has TREMENDOUS levels of chakra, given that he has all his sharingans (most, if not all being MS) open at the same time and didn't show any fatigue, even after teleporting and using his telekinesis techniques.

Teleporting being banned doesn't make him fodder, he was still able to react to Sasuke and Naruto at the end of the manga.

Kinjishi, I also noticed you forgot to ban the sharing of eyes. Was this intentional or did you forget?

Note: Personally, I still think he should be allowed teleporting, just not allowed to take anyone with him.

16. Kinjishi

The best comparison is Toroi. You can metagame around Toroi's ability pretty easily, Shin will be a bit harder, especially cause no one on the tier list has any knowledge of this guy. He's basically Sasori's Kazekage puppet, less lethal but potentially has greater potential for combinations with other characters. He could work well with Hidan, Sakura, Sasori, Toroi, Chiyo, etc.

No ban on eye transfer was intentional. It's Unrestricted so fuck it. Go wild with Izanagi, but it'll probably increase his price beyond what he's worth individually. So he'll make Tobi/Danzo stronger but potentially make your team weaker and less versatile.

17. Dr. Leonard Church

I don't remember this. All I recall in the Shin/Sasuke fight was Sasuke successfully blocking/countering everything Sasuke did. The only time he "intercepted" an attack was by using his clone as a meatshield, and he was still hurt by the Katon.

Genjutsu, sure. Give him that. But it won't matter in a KC match because the only genjutsu worth discussing are beyond Shin's ability to break: Sasuke, Itachi, Gengetsu, Kabuto, Madara?, Jiraiya, Kakashi.... I won't believe Shin can break their genjutsu, only the lesser meat.

18. Dr. White

Flag:
    Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    Bee's continuous Bjuudama (the one where he fires like 6 in succession) needs to be banned, and i'd argue for his standard one as well. Keep the version he used vs Taka though. Imo.

19. KyuubiFan

I agree with banning Bijuudama altogether.

20. Big Mom

21. Dr. Leonard Church

Honestly, Hiruzen, I don't think many people give many fucks about the guy. You said 36-42 so let's just put him at 36 and be done.

22. Kinjishi

Let's say he's 30. That tier is looking a bit barren. It's a terrible reason but who cares.

23. Big Mom

Imma laugh when we go through all this work to add one character that one player wants, just to have HS get booted round 1.

25. Big Mom

Probably, but in my defense this should have been done before.

26. Edward Nygma

"Should" feels like a strong word. Could have been done, sure. I know Kin said he was gonna do it, but you also could have just let it go.

The millennial is stronk in this one.

27. Big Mom

Or... we could have updated the tier list appropriately and with the characters that were brought up for discussion.

But you know, try and blame me. Stop being rude.

28. Reznor Supporting Staff

Gotta side with HS on this. Omitting a character we said we'd add and then being like "Well, you better win the tournament or this was a waste :catflip" is silly.

29. Edward Nygma

It's a waste whether he wins or not. Literally nobody else cares about this dude. If we had had time for real discussions and a vote, he may not have even been added.

It turned out to be no-harm-no-foul in the end, but the fact that he actually wanted to stop rego over it just comes off really self-absorbed and/or entitled (imho).

30. Big Mom

At the risk of derailing this thread further, I do just want to add that you are entirely entitled to your opinion of me, however, I respectfully disagree. I don't believe it is entitled, but you do have to understand my confusion on the fact that registration was put up before everything was sorted out.

Now anyway, have we agreed to 30 points? Can we officially add him?