1. img
    Enter in the Alley Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is December 15th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. May peace, love and prosperity follow you always!
    -NF Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rest In Peace Xiammes Until We Meet Again

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Atlantic Storm, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Stephanie

I messaged him two weeks ago. I guess thats why i didnt get a reply. No one told me anything so there was nothing i could say or do. I couldnt even apologize for the times i was a bitch to him and when he had to try and calm me down when i acted stupid. I couldnt apologize for anything because i didnt know.

2. Stephanie

Now what am i supposed to do.

3. El Hit

We gave you a lot of trouble in the db section but you really loved the community and manga and you did everything to make the place fun. I will always remember you as the kind and rational man that made us immature idiots sign contracts of peace or make us write essays and apologies to be unbanned :lmao rest in piece fam, say hello to kaio sama for us.

• Friendly Friendly x 21
    • List
  4. Parallax Retired Staff

Flag:
    Mexico
    Catdank Faction:

RIP

this shit's got me all fucked up

• Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Stephanie

I remember this.

6. Patchouli Advisor

I had a similar exchange with him where I apologized. He forgave me on the spot.

I expect he'd have done the same for any of us, he wasn't the type to hold grudges, he was a good man.

Don't beat yourself up, there's nothing to be done. Think back on who he was, and what he'd want. He wouldn't want you to be feeling guilty.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Stephanie

This makes me so sad. I know all of that but it dont make it any easier.

8. Utopia Realm

9. Kingslayer

Flag:
    Portugal
    Really sorry to hear . I hope every strength to their family.

10. pfft

Damn that’s shitty rip

Sad af

11. Fang

Never knew him well enough or even got on with him at all when he was a regular member posting in the OBD but after awhile he seemed to have mellowed out quite a bit and took things a bit more reflectively. Wouldn't say we were ever more then cordial as of late from last year but he seemed like a good guy so he had my respect even if we didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things. And I know all too well how much it hurts to lose someone close to cancer. It becomes a hole that burns into you that will never be filled no matter what.

Rest in peace, Xiammes.

• Friendly Friendly x 14
    • List
  12. Nighty the Mighty

I've really been struggling for the last couple of hours to try and put something articulate together and it's just not coming to me this time so please forgive me. For the amount of times I've seen other threads like this one with other people going through what must have been similar to what I'm going through now I never actually thought I'd ever be in this position.

I wish I had some stories to share about him but for me Xiammes wasn't the moments but the time between the moments. He was a feeling more than some concrete occasion I can reference. But more than he was a feeling he was a friend and more than anything he ever was to me, he was a person unto himself with his own hopes and dreams. He deserved so much more than this. I hope each of us in our own way maybe helped to ease the burden and the pain just a little bit in the end and I hope that he knew how loved and appreciated he was on these forums by some many different and divergent groups.

I won't do him the disservice of embellishing his record because I don't need to, we didn't always have to agree for me to know that he had the best interests of the forum at heart in every decision he made. He was admin during a difficult time for the forum and while nobody is perfect I think the results speak for themselves - we are all still here even years after the end of Naruto on Narutoforums.org. I don't want to only wax lyrical about his forum experience but really that's all I can truly say I know of him. Certainly we were friends but as is the way and nature of things online it can be difficult to get too close or share too much. So as I said, I think of him more in terms of feelings, as a diffuse presence in the background of my forum career that could always be turned to for advice or counted on to speak his mind when he felt it appropriate.

So from the bottom of my heart thank you Xiammes for being with us, we will cherish these experiences forever, and when in the future we turn to you and you are not there we will grow to miss you ever more.

• Friendly Friendly x 35
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. JustCamTro

I don't think I ever interact with Xiammes, but as much I could do; rest in peace, you're no longer suffered from the pain now. Until then, we'll see you once again someday.

14. Masterblack06 Moderator

Rest Easy Xiammes, may you finally have peace

15. Rai Global Moderator

RIP Xiammes, thank you for everything you have done for this forum and us.

We will forever miss you and never forget about you.

You were a truly genuine good person may you be in a better place now.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  16. shade0180

17. reiatsuflow

Always enjoyed xiammes contributions to the cafe. 27 is too young and fuck cancer. rip

If reznor found out he passed, does that mean reznor's in contact with someone who knew xiammes in real life and reznor could pass on these forum well wishes to whatever friend or family that is? Another narutoforums poster died recently (I think also from cancer), gave someone in his family his login info prior and she came on, said how much it meant for her to see what he was up to during his downtime, to see everybody on the forums who enjoyed him and would miss him. Just a thought.

18. Cord Advisor

Learning that he never got to see this after hearing this awful news... My heart just broke for the second time today.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. Elric of Melniboné

Flag:
    United States

Ah, so goodbye.

I wished I talked to you one last time. About something normal, or about some sort of obscure thing. Anything, really. It would have been something.

Guess I should have asked but I never really thought to. In fact, it's been years. I went my way, and you went yours. I changed, and so did you.

See you space cowboy. Hope you find something better.

20. Stephanie

He was literally one of the sweetest guys left in this world.

21. Fullmetal Moderator

Rest easy Xiammes. I was never too close to you but I remember your passion for the Akihibara sections and how you was the front runner for making those few sections mean more. Minus those sections, I know you cared about this forum and its members so much.

On to Valhalla, my friend.

22. CrossTheHorizon

Here to pay my respects. I didn't know him personally, but he seemed like a great guy, and you could feel his presence in the forum when he was about.

Godspeed, fellow traveler. May your final rest be peaceful.

23. wibisana

Flag:
    Poland
    May his family and friends is given strenght to get thru this.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  24. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

25. Worm Juice

Rest in Peace, Xiammes

26. Tri

I never had any real interactions with Xiammes outside of the DB section and I definitely wouldn’t say I was close to him in any fashion but honestly it’s legitimately heartbreaking to read shit like this. I wish him the best and I wish anyone that was close to him the best.

27. Foxve

RIP Xiammes. Didn't really know you that well if at all. Though I do recall in many threads that I've been in that people would always @ you to lock the thread.

Just goes to show how much respect they had for you to get that job done that they would ask you instead of the other mods.

28. Naruto Administrator

• Friendly Friendly x 44
    • List
  29. afgpride Retired Staff

I'm sorry if anyone feels the following is too intrusive to share, or if it adds to anyone's distress or sadness. But I feel in my heart it's necessary to share this discord message of Xiammes breaking the news to us last month. I want those who didn't know him to connect with the sweet soul that he was, if only for a little bit.

It's gut wrenching that things ended so abruptly. It's unfair to him, the good guy that he was, the young man that he was. The world isn't fair. It just is what it is. Some things are beyond our control, and a good person, one of our friends, one of our peers, happened to fall victim to a lethal disease.

I want people to know that Xiammes cared deeply about this website and its users and did so right before moving on. He cared about it in a way that I never understood myself. I often, like many others, dismissed this forum as a place where some people with common interests happen to congregate to shitpost in, and a place where I had spent, wasted, too much time inhabiting. But Xiammes was neither shy nor embarrassed about viewing it lovingly and protectively. I have witnessed him on the receiving end of countless insults, fights, and arguments, and not once did he respond with nasty vitriol. He was better than me. He was better than many.

He was the best among us. If for no reason other than he was as angelic a presence as there can be on this niche corner of the internet. He cared; both for this place, and for the people he interacted with. It sucks for him to leave. It sucks for him not to have fully received the warm wishes from those he cared about before he left. It's tragic and melancholic. But the legacy he leaves behind is anything but.

May he rest in peace.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 44
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  30. MusubiKazesaru Moderator

I'm feeling shockingly emotional about it. I'm not the type, but it's really sad and I'm tearing up hearing about it. I've just been listening to a book where the main character has cancer too so I dunno, maybe I'm synchronized with how he must have felt. Xiammes was a wonderful person and his influence here should never be forgotten and I can only hope that his presence is as celebrated by everyone else in his life.