1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE: Dems flipped 44th seat since Trump took office, same seat Walker prevented an election for.

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by NeoTerraKnight, Jun 14, 2018.

1. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

UPDATE: 44th!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Tags:
  2. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

What? The republicans lost 43 senate seats in 1 year? Nah that doesnt sound right. Can someone explain it to me? Are the 43 just kind of local governments, and only this in Wisconsin was about an actual senate seat?

3. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

You have to be very ignorant to not realize that state governments make a difference in regards to impact of America.

4. Eros 同性愛者

France
    Catdank Faction:
    State legislatures, together, can call a Constitutional Convention. That's a huge impact. It's rarely exercised, but when it happens, it means a change to The Constitution might happen.

5. Baroxio Unlimited Strategy Works

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

I want Trump to surpass Obama in the number of seats lost.

7. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

Make that 44 seats Democrats have flipped with the State Senate seat in Wisconsin.

Over here is people who do not know what this means in terms of impact for Wisconsin as Scott Walker is running for re-election and he's afraid of that.

8. Yami Munesanzun I am now having ALL teh segzy.

Well, he'll win something before he's out of office, at least. :catsun

9. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

Um, you're looking to pick a fight because?

We understand that this could have an effect on Walker, but the man has survived a recall attempt. Let's see what happens to him in November.

Ultmately, I have an eye for the bigger picture. Nationally, the Democrats have to make up the for the 1,000+ seats they lost between 2009 and 2017.

10. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

Flipping seats in special elections is meant to show signs of disapproval of President Trump and those who still support him. There's a reason why Scott Walker worked so hard to prevent special elections for the seats in his government that are open.

Point is this is about how Trump is losing in districts where he won then and lost now by a large margin than expected.

Besides, the only one who brought up Obama is you.

11. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

i asked the question because i am not american and therefore dont know the details about your legislature. accusing me of being ignorant for not knowing what difference anything makes in such regards is not really appropriate.

approrpiate would have been to just answer the question so i am informed

12. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

Then you could have just admit that part instead so you would understand that state governments have power in the country especially with how they run. There's a reason why we have the 10th Amendment.

13. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member

admit what part? that i am not american? what kind of childish logic is this? also you still have not answered and i am repelled by your behaviour either way, so i will continue this debate with someone i am more fond of. good day sir.

14. CrazyAries Truth Hurts

That fact remains that the Democrats lost over 1,000 seats in the past 9 years. In my first post, I said I would like for Trump to see more losses than that.

In case you couldn't figure that out, that was me expressing approval over this recent development. However, it's best to have cautious optimism. The blue wave isn't a complete certainty because anything can happen between now and November, although the Republicans just gave the Democrats more red meat by defunding CHIP. Also, there't this from the article you posted:

The Democrats just lost their supermajority California because of a recall.

15. NeoTerraKnight Well-Known Member

Admit that you don't really know how State Governments work in America. And for the record, we are talking about state seats so of course I answered your question.

There have been more gains than loses for Democrats unlike with Republicans though. That's the point of said blue wave. Not to mention that only two Democrats will be up for running for US Senate seat. They avoided a shut out in every race.

16. Mider T VM Rapist

17. baconbits Super Moderator

Yeah, a slight blue wave. Walker will probably win by four points instead of the usual seven.

18. Matto Chosen One

In the US, each state has their own Senate and House of Representatives - the State Legislatures.

Then we also have the Senate and House of Representatives at the federal level. Each state elects 2 senators to the federal Senate, while the amount of representatives in the federal House of Representatives is determined by the state's population.

For example, I live in Massachusetts. Massachusetts has its own Senate and House of Representatives that enact policy for the state of Massachusetts. We also elect people to represent us at the federal level to determine national policy, which as a general rule takes precedence over states.

Does that make sense?

So far (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) I believe most flipped seats have been at the state level as opposed to the federal.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. RavenSupreme Well-Known Member