1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

UQ Holder!

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by White Rook, Feb 10, 2015.

1. White Rook Member

by Akamatsu Ken
    (author of Negima)

Synopsis from ANN:

Genres: Action, Fantasy, Magic, Sci-Fi, Shounen
    Chapters: 110 (as of February 2016)
    Release: Weekly (in Shounen Magazine)
    Other material:
    -Prequel "Mahou Sensei Negima"

Old Threads:

Tags:
  2. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Afro has the best name ever

3. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Well, looks like Touta found his roundabout way into the tournament since Eva blocked the original path.

Afro the Forever is a fucking awesome name. :lmao

lol @ Ikku trolling Kirie in the end of the chapter and Kuromaru also getting caught up in it as well. :haha

4. luffy no haki Troll~troll~troll the world, trolling all of it~

Seems like Touta can get in the tourney easily although wonder if his withdrawal will affect him considering that his profile is still up but he is not ment to participate:hmm

5. ~VK~ The King

Egypt, France, England, Belgium, Brazil
    LOL afro the forever :lmao

Seems like this will be easy for tota.

6. reaperunique I3

I dunno, the A rankers and S rank person might be though competition.

7. BlueDemon Demon

Anyway, at least we know how he'll get to S rank now. Wonder when and how the others will get wind of this (probably they'll check some feeds and see Touta fighting!).

And what does that dude mean with "teaming up"? :D He just wants to get in but he can't fight for shit.

8. stream Do something, Naruto!

It's interesting that he's an app maker. It's full of possibilities, even if he's not able to use them himself.

I foresee custom apps invented just for Touta.

9. BlueDemon Demon

Yeah, I also thought of the possibility of him being more like a support type of guy or a manager.
    Wonder how high level those apps can even get.

10. Dark Evangel Merry Meet

I'd rather see Touta train with Mana. This Afro dude looks like a complete fodder.

11. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

This chapter confirmed he is complete fodder.

12. Millefeuille RNG Queen♥

He has a freaking afro ofc the dude is freaking awesome and not fodder u plebs.
    Just wait till the afro becomes the most OP dude.

13. Tyrannos Living a Life

You never know, Afro dude could turn out to be someone important in disguise. After all fodder don't latch onto a protagonist without a plot reason. And given he's an app developer, I could see Touta getting some apps to augment his combat, that allows him to defeat the A-rankers and eventually "the king".

Also, I'm betting that Fox lady will become an ally as well. (Afro will likely be a letch, while Foxy trys to flert with Touta, who is totally oblivious).

BTW, the silhouette of the A Rankers, one looks awfully like Setsuna. And the 4-armed one, dunno somehow I think of Chachamaru in thruster mode. Never know.

One more thing, had to chuckle at Kirie's book "Birds and .. (Cats?)" All I could think is she's reading on the birds and the bees. :lmao

14. ensoriki Son Ganon

15. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Good chapter, it seems like he's going to join the tournament after all. Heshould give up while he still can when you got people like fate and eva joining. :lmao

16. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

I believe back in chapter one it was shown that he's unable to use magic.

17. ~Greed~ Well-Known Member Advisor

^Funny thing is Chao was the same way. She couldn't use magic normally, except after saying some code, and even then it caused her tons of pain.

18. ensoriki Son Ganon

Yet he has ME which is one of the strongest magics we know...so....

19. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Chapter 1 also set up that Touta can't use magic apps as well. So unless there are some Ki apps, I don't think we'll see Touta incorporating apps into his fighting style.

20. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

Chap out, so is Nerd's review. Character designs are awesome as usual, I personally like the new shown characters.

21. Tyrannos Living a Life

Ah Ken, he sure is always one step ahead of his audience. Knowing we would wonder about Touta and the Apps, and shoot all theories down in one chapter. :lmao

But I'm curious about the talk about the bloodline. Could it be the Springfield bloodline? Arika's royal bloodline? Or maybe, Ken might surprise us with talk of the Konoe bloodline?

22. TeenRyu Pure Blood Dragon

^Or it'll be a tease like when he teased with stories in the School festival. Either way, Looking forward to next week. I personally like what I'm seeing

23. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

Nice cliffhanger. The sword better not get interrupted...:angry

24. MadmanRobz Active Member

Those weren't made to be teases though, they were legitimately supposed to be storylines but Akamatsu was forced to cut them out due to time constraints.

I don't think he's ever implied storylines and not followed up on them unless circumstances have forced him to, so I doubt he'd start now.

25. ~Greed~ Well-Known Member Advisor

I think it's possible that Touta has somehow inherited Asuna's magic cancel. It may not explain why he can't use normal magic, but it would explain why magical devices explode or malfunction when Touta uses them. It could also explain "the bloodline" the sword was talking about. Magic cancel is a stupidly rare Ostian royalty trait. iirc, Asuna herself never directly used magic, and relied heavily on Ensis Exorcizans, Magic Cancel, and Kankahō. Hell, this would explain why The Lifemaker is so interested in Touta, because he would make a perfect substitute for his plans that would have originally involved Asuna.

26. MadmanRobz Active Member

^But if Touta's inability to use magic was in any way due to possession of the Royal Ostian Magic Cancel ability, he wouldn't be able to use Magia Erebia since that too is a form of magic, even if he's inherited it biologically.

If it's possible for a Magic Cancel user to intentionally not affect specific magics with their ability, his inability to use magical devices would have to be entirely unrelated to Magic Cancel, or there should be no reason for him to not be able to use them.

Then again, he might be able to use only Magia Erebia specifically because it's inherited biologically, so it might have simply integrated with his potential Ostian Lineage in such a fashion that Magic Cancel won't affect it, similar to how in Bleach, Ichigo is a natural hybrid between several ordinarily incompatible species due to them gradually developing together along with him and merging over a period of many years.

Come to think of it... being unable to use magic shouldn't really hinder Touta much considering Magia Erebia will eat any magic anyway and boost him with it regardless. Even if he can't cast anything, people casting stuff at him should still be basically tossing him a power boost so long as it's not more than he's capable of handling.

27. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Kankaho utilizes magic, though. If Magic Cancel was canceling her own magic, Asuna would never have been able to generate the magic required to use Kankaho. So thats probably not a thing.

28. ~Greed~ Well-Known Member Advisor

iirc, Kankaho is simply raw mana and ki. I believe it was stated Takamichi used it because he sucked at using magic or something like that. It's not like Magic cancel effected all magic either. As an example, Asuna didn't cancel her own artifact by holding it in her hands, and she could fly with Negi on his staff, albeit while giving Negi difficulty, and touching fate (who I believe she punched at one point) didn't destroy him despite the fact that he's a magical construct.

Like I stated above above, Asuna's magic cancel didn't cancel all magics it came into contact with. Also, I think that Touta would need to make a magic circle like Negi did to absorb other peoples magic. Magic erebea never really let the user absorb peoples magic without some sort of preparation.

29. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Mmmm, that is true. I've never liked how inconsistent Asuna's magic canceling abilities were. You'd think her very existence in Mundus Magicus would cause things to unravel around her.

30. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

I find it funny Touta apparently has a problem with Afro forcing him to be his partner when Touta himself kept forcing Kuromaru and the others to be his friends and do male bonding activities. Not so fun when the roles are reversed is it? :LOS

Also I don't get why Touta is surprised by the combatants appearances. He is already a vampire himself and has met an android, a wraith, and those oni back at UQ Holder's HQ. I really want to know who it was that pierced him with that blood lust. They should make for an interesting hurdle for him if they fight in this tournament.

Well, Touta not being capable of using magic apps is interesting. He already never used them before and he wasn't taught magic so it isn't that much of a loss. Eva must have already knew about this and it probably factored into why she didn't really expose him to these things.

Looking forward to the sword explaining more of Touta's origins and hope it isn't just going to be a recap of the stuff we already know about the Ostia bloodline.