1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Urahara Kisuke[spoilers...maybe]

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by darklide, Aug 1, 2005.

1. darklide

Okay i know that he has been mentioned a lot of times in many threads and so on. So if there is something that has already been over mentioned in other threads, plz delete this thread.

Here is the story...(in my opinion, its just a story...)
    100 years ago, urahara is kicked out of the SS, escaping with yoruichi and isshin???
    In the manga, they said that he performed some experiments that were forbidden in SS. but could it be that he had gone above that and he performed these experiments on himself? Could he be that he allowed himself to turn into a hollowgami?

Then coming back to the topic. He escaped to earth and created another body for himself. Remeber when ichigo and Co were to go to SS, when urahara touched the portal, he's hand was burnt a bit...Could it be that the body he's using is neither one of a shinigami, nor one or a human?

Another point concerning urahara. So far, those that we have seen using a soul slayer have been shingami. Easy to recognise with their shinigami clothes and so on. Then later in the arc, we saw the vizored. they could use soul slayer and yet didnt wear any shinigami clothes. Im drawing attention on this points for several reasons...

Consider the fight between ichigo and urahara, urahara could use soul slayer without wearing shiningami clothes...and now consider isshin...for him to kick GF's ass, he add to gain back his shinigami body.

Then another point. During the training of ichigo...urahara used body shield the first time to block ichigo's attack...WHAT THE HELL??? In anyplace in the manga, i didnt see any captain use such a technique. When they were surprised by the attack of their opponent, they were stabbed. final point. no more. So how could urahara have such a technique, apart if its one that normal shinigami cant use?

Here is what im converging my thoughts. Urahara kisuke...could he be the one who had created vizored? then later on, quitting it up?
    How could he know about vizored contacting ichigo to join their organisation?

Hmm that sums up a bit my theory....
    Feel free to comment.lol

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Fire101

Dunno about the other stuff, but the shield was his Shikai ability.

3. Nybarius

Was the shield his Shikai ability? Was that even his soul slayer? Going from memory, he treated them both like toys he picked up somewhere -- I'd like some clarification on this. Guess I'll hit the archive if nobody else does.

4. Galt

And there's more. Urahara's Benihime used Zangetsu's Getsuga Tenshou. That's even more unnerving. It becomes clear that Urahara has probably pushed the limits of Shinigami abilities even more so than Aizen did. His Zanpakutou has multiple abilities, none truly understood by readers, and his skills in fighting and technical work seem to be almost unsurpassed, the latter moreso than the former. I thought it was 100 years ago that Urahara escaped though...hm.

5. darklide

Hmmm i think u r right its 100 years...lol...error...
    I'll edit it

6. Fire101

Just before he gets hit he says, "Yell! Benihime", so yeah, its his Soul Slayer ability.

7. Errorsol

What if his ban kai had the ability to copy other peoples attacks? that could explain how he used the Getsuga Tenshou, but it also could be a plot hole.

8. Potentialflip

- Rukia never went with Urahara it was Yoruichi. She even never saw Yoruichi her whole life till she stopped Byakuya go all scatter mode on Ichigo at the White Tower.

- There is a rumor that he did do the experiments on himself. After all a Shinigami isn't suppose to be seen but yet he is being seen by humans and so on. He can't be in a gigai body like Rukia was because he was after all able to use his Shinigami powers.

- Hard to tell but you got a point with that dude forgot his name the one who became captain after Urahara created his own daughter after all.

- Well this could be... But there was a part where Rukia tried to use shinigami powers while in a gigai body. So that would mean it could happen. But hard to explain type of way.

- Like one mentioned earlier that is one of his Zankpaktu's abilities to do the body block. He did say the command "cry, benhime!". As far as him knowing about the Vizords or whatever they're called. It's the same thing as him knowing about what is going on in SS. Nothing special.

9. Marsala

I think all of the Zanpakutous can do the Getsuga Tenshou's effect of long-distance slicing when their wielders focus their spirit pressure; that's how Renji and Kenpachi were tearing up the scenery in their duels with Ichigo. Ichigo just happened to get the most generic possible Shikai and Bankai abilities; his compensation is that they are at a higher level than almost anyone else's distance slicing hit and super-speed.

10. darklide

Hmm...sorry again another mistake...guess that i'll edit it after this post

Thats what i thought. So that type of body that he "MAY" have created would be the same that the vizored are using. which makes me conclude at one moment or the other he was with them. So why not speculate that he is the one who created the organisation

Its kurot...thingy...
    I forgot his name too...could anyone confirm it plz

Yeah...since we only saw it once...we cant say much on it...

I might agree with u on SS. but for vizored...its another thing. how can an ex shinigami know about whats going one in a group of outlaws?

11. SeekerofPower

The only people that we have seen being able to see Urahara is people with high spiritual senses so this may or may not be the case.

When Aizen is preaching to Ichigo, they show Urahara with a captain's robe. I think they called him director of the R&D division(12th division) somewhere in there. He created alot of useful things so it wouldnt surprise me if they was it.

He seems to know about everything. Isshin knows about Vizard and he hasn't had any communacation or been a shinigami for twenty years. Urahara is the brightest character in Bleach and knows what is going on better than anyone else. I don't see how he wouldn't know of Vizard.

12. mank

wasnt it said that Urahara was a captain?
    and isnt one of the requirements the ability to use bankai?

so its reasonable to assume he has it.

13. chauronity

It was told (in the manga) before or during the Ichigo's bankai-training that it took 3 days for Urahara to develope one (he used the very same method than Ichigo)... So yes, he has the Bankai-ability.

Kurotsuchi Mayuri, captain of the 12th division and 2nd president of reseach & developement institute. The 1st was Urahara.

14. Code

Hinata

"This is... Zangetsu's Special Power." and well when he did it Byakuya who should be quite old and seen many Shinigami was shocked. So it's nothing everyone can do. Yet Urahara was able to do it (in a flashback during the Renji fight you seem Ichigo and Urahara doing the same thing against each other.)

Hinata
    Hinata
    Hinata

Despite being a "special power of Zangetsu." Urahara and Ichigo had the exact same form, exact same attack, same color and everything.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  15. SeekerofPower

How did you get that they were the same color from manga?

We have no idea what Benihime is truely capable of. As far as we know he could have figured Zangetsu's special ability is when he got Ichigo to release Zangetsu and modified it for use with Benihime. Like instead of having Benihime release it at the instant of a slash. He uses his blood to material the energy wave and puts in his spirutal power to stregnthen it. He could have done this so Ichigo sees it and learns it to prep him for his fight with Zangetsu.

16. darklide

No i dont think so...
    Concerning the manga thingy...i agree with u. but if u watched the anime, u would have seen that code is right.

I think that benihime has some copy ability. maybe the shikai level only.

17. haroldthesage

If you're going off of the manga then they look the same, however in the anime Benhime's attack is red, Zangetsu's is Blue and Benhime's is activated by the words: "Cry, Benhime", or "Sing Benhime"

18. Galt

um yeah, that's why you shouldn't bother with something that's more than a year old.

19. Delta Shell

I dunno, I think some of you might be looking into the Getsuga thing a bit too much. It seemed to me that the "generic sword Ki blast thing" is something that's not too hard for certain people to do.

The comment made by Ichigo could just be Kubo not paying that much attention to what has already been written or what was being written at the time.

He did one again against Yammy but said "Cry Benihime" first, he even stated that it was a blast in equal power to the Cero. However it wasn't the colour that the one he used against Ichigo was but I honestly think that's a minor detail.

20. ArchVastroode

I think theres evidence of it not only being people with high spirtual senses that can see him. which just creates so many more avenues of possibilities on what urahara is or can do.

21. ElementalShinobi

He can't be a vizard because ichigo stated uraha doesn't know how to help him, and uraha wen't through that hollow training way before ichigo did.

22. Surreal

How should Ichigo know what Urahara know and doesn't know? Despite being a good guy, Urahara Kisuke has the same manipulative abilities as Aizen, and he uses them without hesitation.

He moves around people like they were pieces on a chess board. He could have just decided to withhold the information from Ichigo, for his own reasons.

Making a presumption like that is foolish to say the least.

23. xXSenbonzakuraXx

Well, Urahara looks like a devious person. A manupalitive persona, maybe even more than Aizen? Well what I think is that he is going to fool everyone in the end. That is my personal opinion, I also think he is a Vizard or something of that nature.

24. animalgun

since the vaizard were previously shinigami, it could be possible that they were in the 12th squad or for some reason in the Bureau when Urahara was experimenting to make Hogyoku(?not sure?). it is possible that they all could have been affected.

25. Vandal Savage Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    I think the Vaizards being associated with Urahara is possible.

26. AbnormallyNormal

it sounds extremely plausible to me that vizards were 12th divison seated officers

27. xXSenbonzakuraXx

His Zanpaktou is awesome though, Benihime. Here are some of his Creations.
    • Gikongan (義魂丸) – More commonly known as Soul Candy, this item is an in the form of a green ball of candy. When ingested, it forces the user's soul out of their body. The artificial soul then operates in a preprogrammed manner while inhabiting a body. Its name was changed to "Soul Candy" after its creation because the Shinigami Women Organization complained that the name gikongan wasn't cute.
    • Tenshintai (転神体, lit change [death] god body, : "Divine Transfer Body") – This item is a vaguely human-shaped, man-sized doll used to forcibly materialize the spirit of a zanpakutō into the real world when stabbed by the zanpakutō. In doing so, the user can subjugate the spirit and attain the of their zanpakutō. The materialization lasts for about three days, after which the spirit reverts back into the doll that spawned it. Without this invention, achieving the bankai takes at least ten years, not to mention the many years of combat experience needed. This method, however, is very dangerous due to the fact that it forcibly materializes the zanpakutō's spirit. If used more than three times consecutively, it is possibly fatal to the user.
    • Hōgyoku (崩玉, lit. Crumbling Orb, translated as Orb of Distortion, : "Breakdown Sphere") – This item is a small orb that dissolves the boundary between a shinigami and a hollow. It can allow a shinigami to use hollow powers and vice-versa. As reveals to , continued use of the orb seems to weaken it.
    • Variations of gigai (faux bodies) – Having experimented with gigai at length, Urahara has created at least two variations. The most notable one is an untraceable gigai which drains the user's spiritual power instead of restoring it, effectively making them human if used long enough. He also developed an inflatable gigai for use as a decoy in combat.
    In addition, Urahara has also developed several novel techniques throughout the course of his research as the captain of the 12th Division, most notably the technique to bury matter within a soul and later remove it without any damage to the bearer. This was used by Aizen to remove the Orb of Distortion from Rukia.

Kisuke Urahara's is Benihime (紅姫, lit. Crimson Princess). It is one of the few known female zanpakutō. When sealed, Benihime takes the form of a (a blade hidden inside Urahara's cane). The shaft of the cane is able to separate a soul from a body, much like 's glove. The command of Benihime is "awaken" (起きろ, okiro, Viz: "wake up").
    In its shikai, Benihime's blade becomes a bit wider than that of a sealed zanpakutō and the hilt curves, adding a crimson ribbon and other elaborate decorations around it. Benihime has two known special abilities, one for offense and one for defense, both of which are activated by the command "sing" (啼け, nake?, "scream" in the English version). Benihime's defensive ability forms an oval-shaped "blood mist shield" in front of Urahara. The barrier is able to block Ichigo's first use of his while only slightly eroding, after which Urahara comments that he would have lost an arm were it not for the shield. Benihime's offensive ability fires crimson-colored which is similar to a as Urahara was easily able to cancel out the blast by the Espada by striking it head-on with this attack.
    Benihime's has yet to be revealed, but has been vaguely commented upon. Yoruichi comments that Urahara managed to learn bankai using the very same three day method he created. When comes to Urahara for training, he instead gives the task to , remarking that Sado needs to face the strength of a bankai to improve. When Renji asks why Urahara, who also possesses one, does not train Sado himself, he states that his bankai

is not fit for training others or lending power to them.