1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

^ (use bro)

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by Cardboard Tube Knight, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

This is not a debate about race really, but it's more along the lines of just the one word that's in the title, ^ (use bro), I got the idea because I logged into facebook minutes ago to see someone promoting a group about how they were tired of non-blacks saying the word ^ (use bro), here is the group description:

Not only is the group description racist, but the picture used to promote the group is too:

I have never been one to use the world realistically, mostly I say it in a joking manner, but it makes me angry when people get mad about someone saying it, because I am black and as far as I can tell its just a word, just like being black doesn't mean anything except for how act like its going to mean.

What I am trying to say is, if you go around acting like you're going to get offended by everything, chances are you will, or if you have to act all ghetto just because your skin is a darker color, then its your fault you get collared as being a criminal, I mean most of the people I see acting that way, white, black or any other race, don't have real reason to.

Seeing groups like this, or hearing things said like this make me wonder if the blacks aren't more racist than they act like the whites are.

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I don't believe there is such a thing as a "special word", that only one skin color can use.

Know what I mean, ^ (use bro)?

*fixed for my ^ (use bro) grbas2hack)s.*

3. EXhack The Immortal Stalker

Now? what I mean?

Nevermind, but the word should be made to mean nothing, eventually.

4. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Oh yeah, it's a typo, lol. I'll change it for you, ^ (use bro).

5. Squire of Fate Active Member

6. Genesis Active Member

Lol, i always crack up when i see whiteboys trying to act like niggas. But there isn't anything wrong with saying it unless you're being spiteful.

7. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I find it awful that when a white person dresses and talks a certain way, they are deemed to be "acting black".

But, by saying that, you put blacks in a stereotype and in fact, that is very racist.

8. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Yeah I mean I am black, you see how I act. And even more, I get made fun of for not being black enough, just because I like Blink-182 instead of Wu-Tang Clan and just because I wear what I feel like instead of what I saw Snoop wearing on MTV, I don't have any animosity for rap, I just don't like the fact that because I have darker skin, I am supposed to wear certain clothes and act accordingly.

9. martryn Dick in hand

I'm as white as white can be and I say it all the time. *shrug* It's so much catchier than "crakka" or whatever.

10. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I used to throw it around a lot, but I've been trying to cut back, since my nephew is half black. He doesn't seem to care, but I try.

I think that the world has evolved, for the mos part, into a new word that isn't very offensive to anyone that isn't already prone to being offended easily.

Obviously, it makes a difference how you say, who you say it to, and when.

If you walk up to a black person, and just shout "^ (use bro)!", in an angry fashion, this is a blatantly obvious form of racial hatred.

However, if you shout "sup, ^ (use bro)!", to a black person you know, and are friends with, it's probably just in jest.

It's all in how you use it, I'd say.

11. Genesis Active Member

Yeh he just killed the thread. There's nothing more to add really. :(

12. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Yeah I mean I can think of a million other way worse racial slurs:

porch monkey, golliwogg, sand ^ (use bro), dune coon, coon, monkey, spook, spic, wet bag, honkey, pecker, pecker wood, gook...the list goes on, but I don't know why anyone would say "We can say this, but you're not allowed to"

Just to let you know how dumb it sounds, they never even addressed the fact that Mexicans say it, I guess they consider them "black enough". Even I have been told I couldn't joke saying it because I didn't act black!

13. martryn Dick in hand

I don't even recognize any of these...

14. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

That word has a history of hatred and anger behind it.

15. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

i personally think its derogatory even when black people use it with each other

16. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

They are all real I assure you, but most of them don't get used much, I say a lot of them as jokes because I think the idea of one word defining a whole race is stupid. So I don't care when anyone uses ^ (use bro)...

Yeah, so does the word 'Catholic', but I don't flip out when anyone calls me it.

17. Jonas Banned

I don't like the word because it's used to discriminate black people. Yeah maybe I do sound like a nagging '^ (use bro)' now, but it's fact. I don't see any problem by wiggas using the word because they use the word because they ingrace that kind of culture. If some of them could become black, they'd probably do it too. They don't use the word in a negative manner. They just want to be 'in'.

But then it comes down to ignorant racist people that use the word that it pisses me off. But then again, how can you see that a person is -racist-? Is it the people that dont dress wigga-actish that uses the word that's racist?
    There's no way to tell, so in order for theese racist people to not point at the wiggas and say "Hey, they're using the word and they're white - why can't I?", it should not be used by any one really. The ones being most justified to use the word would be by black people but even they shouldn't use it because that just makes people think it's okay to use the word; "Hey even they are calling each other niggers!".

Meh, in the end I really couldn't care much. I hear the word daily and I don't care unless the word is pointed at me than around me.

Oh well, you're all niggers -_-

18. Red Viking Northern Skald

I think it's one thing to say that the word doesn't have any meaning anymore and actually going about using it in everyday situations. If you?re not black, odds are you'll come across a black person who finds it offensive because there are alot more of them who do then those who don't. If you use that word and, again, if you are not black yourself, you will be labeled as a racist, regardless of what your intentions are.

Until the vast majority of black people don't have a problem with that word anymore, that's the way it's going to be.

19. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

^ (use bro) ^ (use bro) ^ (use bro) ^ (use bro) ^ (use bro) ^ (use bro) ^ (use bro). I'm black btw. :amuse
    Agreed.

20. Gunners .

Black people used it for a good reason and it is showing now. Personally I don't think white people should use it like if a white person was blazing out in front of me saying it I would stare at him if he said it directly to me I would bait him to say it again.

21. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

Its a horrible word. I don't care if someone's black or white. It pisses me the fuck off.

22. Havoc Basted God

Crackers!*runs away*

23. syrup Don't Judge Me

It pisses me fof that blacks are always bitching about not being equal yet want to be able to do things whites can not such as say ^ (use bro). If a black person says it its no big deal but if a white person does oh its the end of teh fucking world just like that teacher who just got in trouble for calling a kid it. They also put it in all there music that white people watch and brain wash them into saying it...then bitch when they do. It doesn't even mean anything offencive all it means is a black person and they are black if someone called me white i wouldn't care i am just like if someone called me short i wouldn't bitch cuz i am. Look it up in websters even it only means that just some consider it to be offencive if someone calls me short why don't i just go and say that is a discrimatory word and sue there asses damn. Either don't allow anyone to use it or stfu. Other then that i don't care and have nothing against blacks in general:)

@havoc what do you think... :p

24. Boma The Wolf New Member

well im black and yeah it dose depend on how u use it

25. Havoc Basted God

The same thing I thought the first time you posted it.

26. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

Generalizing. :notrust

27. Wobbly Active Member

I here the word so often now, I don't even care.

28. BladeofTheChad Pedo for Sakura

^ (use bro) is unacceptable, ^ (use bro) is...

29. Genesis Active Member

I doubt people would take offence if they were called short. You would have to say midget.

It depends on how it sounds aswell. Things may mean the same but people take offence to terms they're not used to hearing often.

30. UtahCrip Utah, we go hard

i always thought you were white. i got a pass to say it cause i'm 1/16th blacc but i choose not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.