1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Vagabond

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by GeniusShikamaru, Nov 17, 2004.

1. GeniusShikamaru

OMG this is such an awsome Manga. You people MUST read it someway somehow soon. I just read Vol. 15. Kojiro's story arc is so cool. A young guy like him taking on skilled adults outta no where. The fact that he is at a disadvantage because he is deaf makes him even cooler. And Musashi was so awsome when he beat baiken. People you got read this now. Its got to many awards for it to be ignored. Also if anyone knows if an anime is being made yet please tell me.

Tags:
  2. Nosferatubeast

Hell yeah! This is my second favorite manga out right now (first being Berserk). I don't know if an anime will do this series justice though. The artwork is incredible in the manga. I can't wait to see what happpens in Vol. 16. Also, the author of this manga is also the author of Slam Dunk.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  3. mpthread

Vol 16 is already out and it is very awesome, Kojiro definatly kicks some serious ass Its also nice that viz is releasing this one at a quicker pace then the other series they are doing

4. GeniusShikamaru

Did you guys notice that this is the actual Sasaki Kojiro! I thought that Matahachi had become Kojiro. I wonder what this means. Is there another Kojiro or has the story completly changed? Does anyone know of a fansite by the way?

5. Last of the Uchihas

Yeah, i was also confuse about this, but i think this is a different Kojiro, since they are suposse to have a legendary fight in the future.

6. Nosferatubeast

Matahachi stole the real Kojiro's swordsmanship certificate from his friend. Now Matahachi is pretending to be the real Kojiro because the real Kojiro has a high reputation now. Matahachi is still a weakling.

7. GeniusShikamaru

OMG you are right!!!! The guy that got killed was Tenki and not Kojiro. I wonder if Kojiro is alive still. THis manga is so awsome I got get the next volume soon.

8. shadow_sand

if you have onimusha you should know about these guyS. tHEY ARE ACTUAL REAL PEOPLE.

9. GeniusShikamaru

Clearly you don't know what you are actually talking about. In the Volumes themselves it contaings glossaries of the Real Actual People. Onimusha is severely wrong historically as well. I recommend you read this manga before dissing us. Plus this isn't a history book. Ofcourse some addition of fiction will be done to make the story more amazing. Go read it. And I ask you do you know who the real person that led the revolt adn is responsible for Nobunaga's death is. If you do then I give you props.

10. Code

I agree completely... thought I'm only on Volume 10...

But yeah this manga is great. After reading the 1st chapter my expectation of this wasn't that high(regardless of the author's other work REAL and Slam Dunk which are great even better than this). But then I downloaded another chapter and ended up reading about 9 volumes yesterday....

11. GeniusShikamaru

YO please post where to dl. I know its furtther along on the net.

12. I ARE 1031

Vagabond Discussion & Question Thread

Can somebody link me to some Vagabond manga. I want to compare the first volume with VIZ and then keep reading if it isn't that butchered but at least preview it first.

13. Code

Well you can get it from ckmoney's irc channel... Not sure if the ones on there are scanned from viz's manga...

14. rock lee's apprentice

I love vagabond its so cool my favorite character in that has to mushashi.

15. beansy

All of the volumes in ckmoney are scanned from Viz. Vagabond is one of their Editor's Choice titles so it gets excellent treatment. No butchering like the Shounen Jump line. The books have excellent quality pages and come out once a month.

16. Malice (inactive)

So I've read the first 10 books. I need a kleenex or 50 for my pants. I mean, sex, samurai, and death...what else could a man want? Now I have to go and buy fucking vol. 11-20 unless anyone wants to be a GOD and link me to them either direct or irc. Don't tell me ckmoney cause they only have up to 10. The rest of Evangelion Girlfriend of Steel would be very much apreciated. And Berserk 256...yeah that's it. I love you all. Really, I do.

17. Nakajima

Vagabond is a great manga isn't it? I need to get the 4,10, and 20 +.

18. mow

I love everything touched by Inoue Takehiko.

Im merging this thread with another Vagabond thread =]

19. Malice (inactive)

Moe loves to merge the threads. lol. I've had at least 8 of my threads merged by moe. I love you moe. BUT WHERE CAN I GET VAGABOND 11+?! I mean. I have purchased 53 DVD's, 41 GN's, a wall scroll and countless boxes of pocky. Mainly men's and coconut crush. I have so many anime key chains i can't fit my wallet in my pocket without breaking a sweat. I think i deserve some stuff for free, eh?

20. mow

LOL malice XD. I only merged 2 threads for you to this day!

And by jolly you have earned your free downloads, but I have no idea where to find it =[ Pm pek. He might have an idea of it's whereabouts.

21. Malice (inactive)

Aww come on Moe, you've merged more than that. You've merged two in the past two days alone. This and the Hellsing one. You merged my Jazz one back in the day. So three, not eight. But still. lol

Stop nitpicking! :p//moe

22. Code

Volume 18 was just released by mangasketchbook. Simply awesome... I just loved how they did that whole deal...
    Spoiler:
    It was awesome how they tied Kojiro with Takezo. I was wondering how it will go back to him. Then they walk on a battle field and boom, there is Takezo going crazy. Then both him and Kojiro go berserk on the enemies and "know not to attack each other because they are alike" or something like that. Ganosuke looks cool...
    Can't wait till volume 19 is out and Vagabond becomes weely May 19th!(Same date for the release of Slam Dunk, 10 days After). PM if you want to know where to get up to 18.(Have to use IRC).

EDIT: Volume 19 out scanslated...

23. User Name

Those are NOT scanlations. Scanlations implies "fan" translations. These are Viz's scans so it's just scans.

24. Code

Why not attack the millions of other mispronouncinations(seems too long, might've spelled it wrong... damn I might be attacked by the words again) or simply not caring wheter or not they used a correct term or used a false term or whatever.

Anyways it's not "Viz's scans" you are wrong! It maybe Viz's manga(I think it might be with those "author" and such in the last volumes, but it is possible magna-sketchbook actually translated it but haven't been to there site in a while so don't know). Either way if it's Viz's manga. It's not their scans as manga-sketchbook took the time to actually scan it themselves. So no. You are wrong.

25. User Name

WTF, why are you so defensive? It was not a attack. I just correct a mistake. That is not a attack. Simmer down, now;) LOL.

No, manga-sketchbook didn't translated it. Read the cover pages and stuff. These are scans of viz's manga book; therefore it is correct to call it viz's scans. [size=-5]since manga-sketchbook scanned it; manga-sketchbook's scans is also correct. [/size] Get over it. You've nothing to be mad about. It's not a attack. What made you think it's an attack is beyond me. :laugh

26. Code

Just read the raw that appeared in last week's Morning. The color pages were awesome, and things seem very interesting(I have yet to read volume 20 though so i don't know what leads up to it).

Spoiler:
    It seems the 'fake' koujiro isn't such a pussy after all as he actually takes someoen down in a serious fight... but hten he goes to get what he was afterwards...

27. TrueAlchemist

Vegabond the end of "Musasi vs Yoshioka Seijuro" [Ch188 spoiler]

Spoiler: ch188
    Finally, Musasi and Yoshioka's fight ended with Yoshioka Seijuro's lose.
    It was close and Yoshioka had upper hand at ch187, but

I don't know about Seijuro's future. because he seems to be nearly dead.
    Musasi cut nealy Seijuro in half from left part of neck to below right arm.

The greatest battle in Vegabond has been ended.
    We all knew Musasi would cut Seijuro down because historically Musasi never lost a single battle until his death. Well, if the story is similar to historical fact, Seijuro might survive and challenge Musasi again becasue I believe Yoshioka brothers fought Musasi in several times. Unfortunately I don't know exact time.

But, it was a great chapter.
    The most hansome Samurai has been cut down. I can hear female fans' cry. lol

Well, Vegabond is much more realistic than any Samurai manga out there. lol

28. Crowe

29. Code

Well after reading the result of the fight went ahead and look at the raw...

Spoiler:

Really surprised at his growth (but then again I still need to read volume 20 and I only looked at the raws after that as I couldn't really read it...). From a coward that runs away and does nothing but pretending to be famous people and going to brothels all the time to defeating a very skilled and famed swordsman... ... Though that's the same guy that was Takezo's friend right? I could be wrong as I said I skipped over a volume ...

30. Beatnik

Awesome manga adaptation. I finally watched the Samurai: Miyamoto Musashi trilogy last year, which stars Toshiro Mifune. Now seeing parts of that film in manga form by the genius Inoue Takehiko is really cool. I have yet to read the original book but will get round to it one day.

The art in this manga is some of the best I've ever seen in manga form, its stunning really.