1. Come enter in the KCC Pet Photo Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice

Vaklyrie Profile II - anybody playing?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by CrazyMoronX, Oct 4, 2006.

1. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Yes, it's out. I got it last night (even though it was out last week, damn you slow shipping!! :mad), and so far, it's very intersting.

The game looks pretty amazing, with options for screen display size of 16:9 and that other one. :laugh

I haven't gotten far yet, but it all seems to be there. The crystals you jump off of are different, you have to shoot an enemy to form one, however you can shoot diagonally this time.

The battles are more-or-less the same, but in semi-3D. You have to walk up to an enemy after engaging a battle, and then attack it. Kind of strange, and I haven't gotten used to it yet. After you start attacking, it's the same as VP1.

Story starts abruptly with some princess that is posessed by a Valkyrie. I won't give away much more than that.

Tags:
  2. Mojim Gin-ism

Huh it's out already!!? :amazed
    So CMX,is the concept of the game still the same as the first one?

3. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I don't know, it's a bit different. You still have to free those einjjerhajaras or whatever.

4. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

it has progressive scan????

does the dubbed VA suck that hard???

all i want to know for now.

5. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Supposedly it does, but you have to hold X and triangle or something to get the option.

I haven't tried that yet, will try when I get home.

VA is about the same as the first one, maybe a little better.

6. Kami-Sama The one with the Lesbian Avy.

it is quite strange since most if not all of the ps2 games that support PS you just need to go to the options screen to activate it...

as for the VA.... i ask since the dubbed in the 1rst was so bad that it made me stop playing....

7. Lord Yu Active Member

I'm playing that game. I'm trying to level up Leone and Arngrim to 40 so I can get some overpowered weapons. The game requires severe powerleveling. I dont think the dub is that bad. It leaves a little to be desired but its bearable.

8. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I heard Arngrim's sword sucks ass, since it's tiny compared to his sword in VP1... is this true?

PS: What's the deal with the level 40 shit, I've heard a lot about it, but have yet to pin anything down.

9. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

I never played the original, but this seams kinda interesting, could anyone give me the skinny on the game.... So i can decide if i wana pick it up?

10. Lord Yu Active Member

If you level up Arngrim and Leone to 40 by the end of chapter 3 you get 2 overpowered weapons.

11. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Fuck. It's out already? I don't want to pay $100 for this by waiting too long, so I gotta pick it up as soon as I get enough money :arg

12. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I'm on chapter 3 now, and my guys are only on level 5... :amazed

Well, since Square-Enix is producing it this time, it's safe to assume there will be an excessive amount of the game, and it will come out a few months down the road as one of the "Greatest Hits", for 20 bucks. :wink

13. Jotun Dyroness

I have to go pick it up, but I wont play it till I get a comp controller and beat part 1.

14. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Just finished my first playthrough, and am working on my second one now.

Even though there is little motivation for second playthroughs, other than being harder each time, the game is very addictive.

A must buy.

15. Indarapatra Ultimate One-Liner

hey, i'm playing it too! =) but i need help. super-geek question coming up. how come sahma desert isn't popping up? i just came from kalstad and now i'm stuck with nothing to do. and yes, i've already tried the walkthroughs. i don't wanna say it but i think it's my game.

16. Seiken Enhasa Slick Reporter

The voice acting isn't just a little bit better than the original's, it's in a whole other league. The majority of the first game's VAs were terrible.

Man, this game looks so awesome in 16:9.

17. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I've never had any problems with it. As far as I know, you just have to talk to everyone in town, and it'll pop up.

I usually talk to everyone in every town at least once. Though, if you go back in later chapters they say different things, some chests respawn, and you get various items.

I'd just go back to each town (probably don't have to go back to Solde or anything, just the main three in that area), and talk to everyone.