1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Velcro: The Ninja Kat

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by TGM, Aug 29, 2012.

1. TGM Well-Known Member

So I always get extremely self-conscious whenever I try to make a post to promote these kinds of things on forums like this, and I'm not sure if there's a specific thread where I'm supposed to do this kinda thing in, but, eh...

Anyways, I released a book on amazon yesterday. I've been writing and revising this book for the past few years, and decided that it was finally done, so I went ahead and released it.

In the Country of Widows, the military organization known as the Devil Corps has waged a secret war against its own people. Only one cat, the Ninja Kat, is aware of this evil scheme, and has sworn to stop this war before it's too late.

The Ninja Kat has been ambushing the Devil Corps and foiling their plots, certain that he's been making a difference. But it isn't until he meets a group of escaped hamsters that he learns how little he has accomplished: the Devil Corps have destroyed the hamsters' village and taken the survivors as prisoners, all under the Ninja Kat's unsuspecting nose. And when the Ninja Kat attempts to rescue those survivors, even he is shocked by what he discovers inside the Devils' lair.

Velcro: The Ninja Kat is an action packed tale that explores the tragic history of this strange new world populated by animals, as well as the mysterious past of the Ninja Kat himself. In the secret war, unlikely alliances will be made. Families will be torn apart, and others reunited in the worst of ways. And in the end, a magical secret even greater than the war itself will be revealed for the first time in generations.

Check it out if you would, and let me know what you think:

Tags:
  2. TGM Well-Known Member

Hey, so I dunno if there's any Scott Westerfeld or Leviathan fans here, but if so, I'm running a book giveaway where you have the chance to win the entire Leviathan Trilogy. I feel that fans of the Leviathan series would find much to like about my own new book, Velcro: The Ninja Kat, and so I'm giving you the chance to check it out and see for yourself. 10 winners will receive their choice of any 1 book in the Leviathan series, along with a signed copy of Velcro: The Ninja Kat, and one grand prize winner will receive all three books in the Leviathan series to go with their signed copy of Velcro: The Ninja Kat!

If you're interested, check out the giveaway at my site,

3. TGM Well-Known Member

So the original vision for my book, Velcro: The Ninja Kat, was for it to be in the form of a comic book, and for years I tried to make that happen before I finally settled on writing the story out in novel form. But, sure enough, almost immediately after I published the finished book, I actually had a couple of artists come forward and show interest in working on a comic book adaptation. One of those people, Trevor, is actually someone who I used to work with years back, and at one point we actually did try and get this whole comic book thing going. Things didn't quite work out back then, but this time around we both took this project with the utmost of seriousness, and after months worth of work and polish, we've finally got the first chapter completed.

So here it is, the very first issue of Velcro: The Ninja Kat - The Comic! I hope you guys enjoy it, and we're already hard at work on chapter 2. I'll be posting each chapter online as they're completed, hopefully on a monthly basis (but don't hold me to that!), and the plan is to eventually publish the comic in graphic novel form after we've finished enough chapters to fill a book.

So check it out, if you guys would, and please let me know what you all think.

4. TGM Well-Known Member

For those interested, Chapter 2 of the Velcro: The Ninja Kat comic is now available to read online as well (this one's got hamsters!!): HERE

6. TGM Well-Known Member

So for anyone interested, the e-book version of my book, Velcro: The Ninja Kat, is free this week on amazon. Check it out:

7. TGM Well-Known Member

Chapter 3 of VELCRO: THE COMIC is now online: Yep

8. TGM Well-Known Member

Chapter 4 of Velcro: The Comic is now available to read online: Finally wrapped up the Mignolet deal

9. TGM Well-Known Member

Chapter 5 of VELCRO: THE COMIC is now available to read online. Check it out! :amuse Banner Made by the Lovely Laix

10. TGM Well-Known Member

So hey, the e-book version of my novel, Velcro: The Ninja Kat, is available for free this week on Amazon. Check it out. :)

11. TGM Well-Known Member

Chapter 6 of VELCRO: THE COMIC is now available to read online! Check it out. :) First chapter of the story I'm working atm

12. TGM Well-Known Member

So the next installment of the Ninja Kat series is coming along pretty soon, but in the meantime, check out the first two chapters of my upcoming novel Velcro: The Green Lion in this little preview. B)

13. TGM Well-Known Member

Hey guys, for those interested, a new chapter of my Velcro: The Ninja Kat comic has been posted, and is ready for your viewing pleasure. :) Link removed

14. TGM Well-Known Member

Book 2 in The Ninja Kat series is now available to own!

In order to fight fire with fire in the continued war with the Devil Corps, Velcro heads off for the village of Redfield in search of the rogue Magician, Shiki, from whom she intends to learn the ways of Magic. However, the Ninja Kat's infamous reputation follows her, and as such, the only thing she finds in Redfield is banishment.

As Velcro departs to hone her skills, Redfield comes under attack, and their leader, the Elder Chow, goes missing. And in the resulting confusion, the citizens of Redfield reluctantly find themselves having to place their faith in Velcro to uncover the truth behind their predicament.

Picking up right where The Ninja Kat left off, Velcro: The Green Lion continues the action packed tale that takes our hero into new lands within the Country of Widows, uncovering new secrets around every corner. In these uncertain times as the world grows more aware of the Devil Corps' evil scheme, the lines begin to blur between who can be trusted. And Velcro will have to go back to her roots and confront her demons waiting at home in order to fully unleash the beast within.

Check it out:

15. TGM Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm hosting another giveaway, where you have the chance to win a $20 gift card to Barnes & Noble along with a signed Ninja Kat novel. Just like Velcro: The Ninja Kat on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Velcro-The-Ninja-Kat/229169863841630), and you're entered (and if you've already liked Velcro on fb, then you're already entered!). So check it out. ;)

16. TGM Well-Known Member

Check it out, chapter 8 of VELCRO: THE COMIC is now available to read online! :) Link removed

17. TGM Well-Known Member

So hey, the e-book edition of my second novel, Velcro: The Green Lion, is available for free this week on amazon. Check it out. :)

18. TGM Well-Known Member

So a new chapter of the Velcro: The Ninja Kat comic has been posted and is now available to read online. Check it out! Link removed

19. TGM Well-Known Member

So I've been hard at work on the third Ninja Kat book as of late, and finished a full draft earlier in the week, which is now in the hands of test readers. So it's coming along, but in the meantime, I went ahead and released the first chapter of this new novel, which is available to read now. :)

20. TGM Well-Known Member

So Velcro: The Masquerade is coming this December, and I just dropped a cover reveal and a full synopsis. ;)

21. shit shit is the ne plus ultra

22. TGM Well-Known Member

I'm please to announce that Velcro: The Masquerade is now available! :)

23. TGM Well-Known Member

K, so I just released the synopsis and cover reveal for the upcoming fourth Ninja Kat novel, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR. Check it out. :grin anime

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  24. TGM Well-Known Member

So for those who may be interested, the kindle edition of book 1, VELCRO: THE NINJA KAT, is on sale this week on amazon:

edit: so for some reason, it won't let me post an amazon link here. Well, you can still find the link here, in that case: translation

25. TGM Well-Known Member

Posted up a couple of sample chapters from the upcoming fourth Ninja Kat book, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR. Check 'em out, and hopefully it won't be too much longer before the full book is available and I can finally fully move onto the fifth and final installment of this series. :p

26. TGM Well-Known Member

So it's here now! Book Four of The Ninja Kat series, VELCRO: POLLUTED WAR, is now available! Check it out!

27. TGM Well-Known Member

So here it is, the first movie based on the Ninja Kat series. Really pleased by how this one turned out personally, and I'd of course love if you all would check it out and let me know what you all think as well.