1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Naruto Battledome Banner Contest.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice

video capture?

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by Kibagami Jubei, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Kibagami Jubei sexy misfit!

do you guys know of a program that can capture video stills pretty well? i wanna make gifs. thanks all.

Tags:
  2. Squirrel King Squirrel King

Eh?
    Capture video stills? "Print Screen" > Image editing program > Paste Is that what you mean?

Or if you want to capture an image on a VHS tape or something you'll need to buy some expensive stuff for just making gifs.

BUT if your just trying to make gifs, out of a sequence, I *beleive* virtualdub does that.

3. Lannon New Member

You have to be more specific about what you're trying to do. :confused:

4. bakkaNekko New Member

Yes...if u want just a plain ol video dump of something u are playing on screen then hit print screen and paste into your gif/image editor.

5. Quadragon Member

Crap, I can't think of any programs, but I do know that WinDVD 6 platinum has a built in feature that does this automatically for you. You just select the part of the video you want in your .gif.

6. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

Crtl + I is a built-in screencap feature in Win Meda Player 9.. VirtualDub is good if you want to capture video, can also save videosequences as a bunch of stills.. :) Great for gif-making assuming you ave a program to build the gif in.. :)

7. Kibagami Jubei sexy misfit!

8. Aoi fancy

You are facing many problems when u want to get the quality you want. You will have to experiment a lot, meaning a LOT of time.

Also you will have to get the frame rate right on each gif. ANd then there is compatibility. As mozilla based browser get a higher framerate than microsoft.

9. aLkeMiSt Curious

I use the ATI Multimedia Video software, it's very easy to take screenshots with it. =D

10. olaf Cthulhu Fhtagn!

if you want to make a gif from vid you should check Kira Yamato's Gif Tutorial

11. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

VirtualDub will literally make a whole series of images from the frames of your video, which is perfect for what you're trying to do (make animated GIFs).