1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Video Card Question

Discussion in 'Tech Hub' started by DesignCore, Oct 1, 2006.

1. DesignCore

I hear that you cant run dual monitors with SLI or Crossfire enabled dual cards.

Is there a way to do this.

Also would it make a big diff if i used.

Dual 1600's in crossfire compared to a 1900xt .

Id just like to know if its possible to have dual cards and run dual monitors wihtought making each card its own seperate card but having them run in crossfire.

Tags:
  2. Gyokusai

I think you mean X1600 and X1900. Using a X1900XT would give you better performance than 2 X1600. I don't use dual monitors or video cards in SLI/Crossfire. The way you word your questions makes it really hard to understand what you're saying, but I'm sure there's a way to run 2 monitors with SLI/Crossfire.

3. ShinAkuma

Flag:
    Canada
    I'm pretty sure you can run dual monitor off a single card as long as it has two video outs of some kind, so I can't see it being impossible to do with two cards. But who knows?

4. staradderdragoon

it's not impossible. or at least it shouldnt be. cause think about it. all ATI cards with crossfire have dual video outputs. and so you just need 2 dongles to do it. anyhow, i've heard of people using the 7950GX2 in SLi and running 4 monitors at once. i'm not sure though if this is true. it sounds about right though....

5. DesignCore

u can run dual monitors with 2 cards, but you cant run sli / crossfire and have 2 monitors as it wont read properly.

my friend has dual x1600's running in crossfire and hsi dual screens wont work.

The cards will run independatly of each other and not in unisance if you go for more then one monitor. as i am to understand thats what i understand.

i dotn wish to buy 2 x1600's and not run dual monitors.

So i would like to knwo i fnay one managed to do it and run in sli or crossfire mode.

and would 2 x1600s perform worse then a x1900xt?

6. staradderdragoon

i think 2 x1600 would do worse...im not entirely sure. anyhow, i thought i gigabyte which made that 4x PCI-Ex mobo managed to make it run 8 monitors ate once since u could put 4 cards together....someone verify