1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

Winter Violet Evergarden

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Really fantastic animation, soundtrack, and atmosphere.

Story isn't interesting. :-(

2. Altace Many Hands

I really lowered my standards because of that.

3. Roman Knight of the Wind

Yeah. Like many are saying, amazing visuals and sound, but the story's kinda meh. I feel they went a little too far with portraying Violet as someone without much of a will of her own that by the end, when she does show her own will, it seems really out of character.

4. Lew Moderator

I enjoyed the first episode. Everything about this anime is pretty, and I love the setting for it. I'll let the story slide for now since the first episode was just setting the scene.

5. Tomochii-Chan Tsun-tsun-dere, tsun-tsun~

Include Shigaraki and the holy trinity of his deep, evil voice is complete lol

6. blakstealth Club Bangerz

7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Obviously I'm biased, but, as someone who expected (and even looked forward to) some Key level melodrama, I am digging the veteran-trying-to-integrate-back-into-society angle of the narrative. You don't see it too often in anime. You kinda got that with FMP, but more comedic and with the MC still being an active soldier. For Violet, thanks to the loss of her arms and the end of the war, the most harrowing part of her life up till now is over. Now it's about healing.

And I gotta say, my heart feels healed every time I look upon her face. :love

8. egressmadara Wanderin' About

9. blakstealth Club Bangerz

10. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I'm mildly impressed that you're trying to embellish the story. This is a story about someone who is learning how to be a sociable human being while she grieves over her only friend and it's likely gonna take us all season to develop her. That is a very boring narrative.

What doesn't help at all with that narrative is that the main character is also boring. How quickly she develops and how intriguing the other parts of the story (flashbacks to the war itself, developing characters like Hodgins and Gilbert) will determine how soon I drop this series.

11. Roman Knight of the Wind

Eh, like jayjay said, this is less about healing and more about integration. It's interesting you refer to FMP since the theme is similar, what with both Violet and Sousuke being child soldiers who virtually grew up fighting and knew nothing else. Because of that, they know nothing else and have trouble getting used to a "normal" life. It worked with FMP because it took a more comedic approach, not to mention he had the perfect counterpart in Kaname. Without her, Sousuke would be boring as hell. Violet is the same, and she has no counterpart who serves as a vessel through which to view her. That makes it difficult to sympathize with her.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 7:21 AM
  12. Araragi no tricks no gimmicks Moderator

13. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Idk about KyoAni in general, but this production team in particular should be making movies for the big bucks.

14. Lew Moderator

Well they did recently produce Koe no Katachi (which if you haven't seen you should) that did quite well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Araragi no tricks no gimmicks Moderator

The koe no katachi movie cut out and changed impactful scenes from the mango, but that couldn't be helped since it's a movie format. Kyo ani more than made up for it with how great everything looked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Their Haruhi and K-On movies were lookers as well.

I don't think there was much embellishment at all. Violet is indeed a veteran soldier who has taken up a job as a ghostwriter. Her first experience with this job involved helping a frumpy looking guy tell his childhood sweetheart what she meant to him and that he loved the shit out of her. Given the significance of the fact that she herself chose to be a ghostwriter after witnessing this, her integration back into society and the healing - of both Violet and her future charges - are guaranteed to be intertwined.

That she is woefully unprepared for the social and the feeling part of this job is a fun point of interest. If it was just her and her social awkwardness trying to live peacefully within society after a life of bloodshed, then I agree, that alone would not be too engaging. But, there's a fish out of water story, and then there's a fallen warrior girl who cannot express her own feeling who has tasked herself with conveying the feelings and emotions of others. That is a strong and fun character dynamic. Will the writers be able to capitalize on bringing the potential of that dynamic to fruition? Maybe. The seeds were planted well enough in the first episode at the very least.

17. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

I will agree with other users here that the story seems to be somewhat lacking so far but it is only the first episode. Hopefully things will get better as the season progresses. And yeah, it was just great to watch. It felt so cinematic at times. It is KyoAni after all.

18. Aphrodite Well-Known Member Super Moderator

This is really a pretty anime and unlike most who have posted here i actually enjoyed the first episode. :catblush

19. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Staff

First episode ended up much better than I thought it would. I'm totally a sucker for these kinds of things though. You know, main character who is terrible at understanding people but really wants to. Plus, bonus of tragic love story background, gasp, my heart.