1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Vision of Escaflowne

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by UltimateVegetable, Feb 1, 2005.

1. UltimateVegetable

Anyone who watches Vision of Ecaflowne!!??? For me, it's the best anime ever, so I'd like to know someone who watches it too, so I could share my thoughts... :p

Tags:
  2. Son_Pan

YES! i watched it! i loved Escaflowne!!

3. Nakajima

Escaflowne is one of the best animes that I have ever watched. The music, animation, and story was all top notch. I love it a lot.

4. Kami-Sama

great anime, very very bad movie

5. Mimiru

One of my favorites. I like the music composition. I also find the battle style very different. It's just not like those Gundam series.. but I know it was the same animator.. right? Anyway, Escaflowne had a few interesting characters as well.

6. Mindless

It's a really good anime. Found it quite touching. The only thing that was quite disturbing at first was their noses, they look like Pinoccio for christs sake. :p

But as I said, it's a really good anime, so the noses aren't that irritating. It's a quite intresting anime. Sunrise (before Escaflowne) had only made Gundam's and some other animes. And gundam's held themselves to a strict future-universe theme and only had mech's with lasers and rockets and stuff. But then came Escaflowne with it's Knight Gundams, wich I think is a really good idea.

That's my 2 cents.

7. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I liked Escaflowne!! They have the most funniest-looking noses in the anime world!! Never watch the movie though!! THE MOVIE IS AN ANGST FANFIC THAT HAS GONE TERRIBLY WRONG!!

8. Inactive Insanity

I liked Escaflowne! It was a great anime. I believed I finished the series in two days (it was during the summer, and I was bored -.-) I kinda forgot some of it, but I do remember that I liked it.

9. Jh1stgen

It was good ... no great in the beginning but gradually declined and overall ... the ending wasn't that great

10. siewmei88

i love the anime except the guymelefs(cos i hate transformer...lol)..the ending was good and bad..i just hope that they get to spend mroe time together....another thing was i didn like some of the ppl there(cos some of them looked like cats and dogs)....and the time bloopers....lol....

11. Forsaken

Of course the music was good, Yoko Kanno composed it. :wink

Most of you guys say the movie is horrible... is it really that bad? I've been wanting to see/buy it for the longest time because of the higher budget, prettier animation quality.

I liked the animal people. How can you not like animal people? :p (And thanks to most of Raikiri's past posts, I've been steadily liking Kisame more and more, but that's off the topic...) Poor Zongi, he didn't last even a couple episodes. He was like a reptilian Marilyn Manson. Smexy.

And of course there was Folken Fanel, the only anime male in my opinion who made the mullet look hawt.

12. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I've only watched the first 5 episodes and I'm hooked. It's almost as good as FMA.

13. Ponko

Yes! Folken is incredibly sexy. He is one of my favourite characters of all time. But episode 25....... ;___; Why? WHY?!

I love the Escaflowne series. The characters were interesting, the guymelufs did not take over the series, and Hitomi I did not find nearly as annoying as most female leads. The music was wonderful and I personally did not find their noses that bad. My sister also happens to love Dilandau's japanese voice actor.

The movie was frightening. What did they do to Folken? They sucked out all the characters souls and made it a giant free for all. The art was nice, but the story was awful.

14. Spectrum

Escaflowne is a masterpiece, plain and simple. Great plot, characters, and action; one of the best cliched love triangles in any anime (hey, if you're gonna do a cliche, might as well do it right :p ), and possibly the best anime soundtrack of all time, with only Cowboy Bebop offering serious competition. (Of course, it's no coincidence that they're both by Yoko Kanno.) I've watched the whole thing through at least 5 or 6 times and I get totally drawn in each and every time. It's just awesome.

And personally I never minded the noses, but I know I'm in the minority there. :laugh

Oh, and the movie is worth watching (once), but only if you've seen the anime already first. The plot and character development is total shite; really the only redeeming factors are the animation and again, the music. It's not a total loss, but definitely a huge disappointment.

15. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

I just finished watching it, it's totaly awesome! It is now one of my favorite animes including FMA. It's just so awesome!

16. Son_Pan

For those of you who havent seen the movie, or, ehm, are just bored. I heard that the movie will be playing on Cartoon Network sometime during this month, i believe. i certainly can't wait for that! i kinda forgot what happend in it. lol. such a long time ago. i wish it was in japanese though! oh well. i suppose the dubs wont be that bad.

17. Mindless

"And on the seventh day, god..." ("...spoke well of Escaflowne etc. etc.")

Amen!

:bow :bow :bow :bow

18. sayam

Escaflowne simply pwnz!! seen it 3 times allready and the movie once, I don't like the movie.
    But the series is one of my fav that's for sure.

19. Ennoea

Bumped because I recently re-watched the series:WOW

Simply Epic, the series reminds me Star Wars for some reason, its possibly the greatest adventure anime there is. Great animation, beautiful music, the only thing the anime lacked was a good conclusion, wtf with Hitmi just leaving it all behind!! Not to mention the whole Dilandau being Allens hot stuff sister, creepy:wha

And did I mention how amazing the music is?

20. Soul Vibe

first anime i ever fell in love with

IT WILL ALWAYS HOLD THAT POSITION DEEP WITHIN MY HEART :cry

21. stardust

I saw some of the first episode on TV a long, long time ago, but it couldn't really hold my interest.
    Will pick it up again, at some stage.

22. Levithian

I like it, seriously, a four star anime...I loved the Darker film though.

23. Raistlin-sama

Not quite true. Aura Battler Dunbine from 1984 was actually made by Sunrise as well. Dunbine had the whole knight mecha thing going on as well. It's a great series as well by the way, although I do think Escaflowne is better (and that's coming from a Tomino fan :p ).

Escaflowne has great characters and an interesting plot. I especially like the theme of destiny/fate vs free will, and I've always enjoyed a good fantasy story. Oh, and how can one not love a show in which Isac Newton is the villain? ;)

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  24. T4R0K

Great show but one thing has always distracted me from the story and I couldn't always concentrate to follow : the noses. GODDAM NOSES !!!

25. Catterix

Watched it about 2 or less years ago. I enjoyed it, but can't really say it particularly overwhelmed me.

For me it was kinda one of those anime that when it ends you're just like; "Ok, cool. What else is on?" and carry on with whatever else you want to do, it didn't really leave any impression on me. But overall, it was an amazing production; animation, music, seiyuu, pacing. There wasn't a great plot, but everything else was great.

26. Ennoea

The only nose that bother me was Hitomi's, she looked like a man half the time:O

I loved the Ed aswell, it was so camp:sag
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pac7_kceeQw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

27. stardust

I'm currently watching this, but it's failing to hold my interest. I've seen the first six episodes, and it doesn't really seem like anything worthy of praise. In fact, I'm surprised that it's so highly revered. It's painfully obvious that Hitomi will end up with Vaan, and that her infatuation with Allen is just a momentary thing. Does this improve at all, or is it more of the same stuff for the rest of the series? Having said that, the music is top notch, and its animation is well done.

28. Wesley

Spoiler: This is why I watched it and continued to watch it
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=O_49H_N43jQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

That and the luck soldiers were hot.

And oh noes, the main girl will (probably) end up with the main guy. What a shocker. It's not like the journey matters at all.

Also

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=OjB3SQ1EXAU&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I want the sexy version sang by the twin catgirls in the bar from the movie. If anyone could find it in a complete version, I would be very grateful.

Dammit, why do Youtube links not work?

29. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I've always been meaning to give this series a shot. I'm pretty sure I was thinking of this series when I accidentally downloaded Sakura Wars (which was pretty good in it's own right)

*starts downloading the first 5 episodes*

30. Wesley

Whoo, got it!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RnMeT1Gvzo[/YOUTUBE]