1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Vs. threads you would like to make, but can't

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by Pintsize, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Pintsize Super Slueth

Everyone has some threads they would like to make, but can't because contestants don't come form well known enough fields, or they are outdated. The problem has been bugging me for a while, but I don't think there is any readily available solution. So, this is a thread to post all your long wishful battles, or just contestants you would like to see in action.

Lord of Light

In this novel by Roger Zelazny, a world far away from Earth has been colonized, and the majority of the inhabitants have seemingly inexplicably forgotten all forms of technology. A minority, however, has retained all the technology and further developed it to the point where this minority rules the world as Deicrats; taking on the roles of the Hindu pantheon.

Lord Yama
    The Hindu god of death. Yama has the ability of death gaze: to kill anything if he looks long enough at it. Possessing a level of fighting ability that has improved and remained unrivaled for millennia, he has remained able to kill without the aid of his eyes. If that were not enough, Lord Yama is the sole developer of all technology used to supplement godly attributes, save for Lord Kalkin's Talisman of the Binder, which was developed on Earth. His own technology does not enhance the ability of Death Gaze, but takes the form of a cloak, that is seemingly impervious to all assault, even reflecting Lord Agni's fire; or can be thrown as a weighted net to capture enemies.

Lord Kalkin
    Also known as Siddartha, and the binder. Without the Talisman, Kalkin has shown the ability of electro-induction: the direction of already present electrical and magnetic currents (giving him the ability to short out Lord Yama's tech, and resistance to, but not immunity from, Yama's death gaze). When he gains the Talisman, Lord Kalkin gains the ability to create his own magnetic and electric fields, emitting bolts of lightning, and flying through the air. Before Kalkin challenged the entirety of the Hindu Pantheon with only Lord Yama at his side, he has never lost a battle. If Lord Yama is the greatest scientific mind, Kalkin is surely the greatest philosopher and strategist, having both maintained so pristine a military record, and having re founded the religion of Buddhism on the colony world.

Lord Agni
    The Hindu god of fire. Without his fire wand, Agni can concentrate objects, and in seconds they will burst aflame. But with the fire wand developed by Lord Yama, he was able to make spots on the moon from the surface of the planet almost instantaneously. The wand belches forth a "universal fire" which devours anything put before it, with the exception of Lord Yama's cloak, in a straight line to the horizon. Lord Agni also possesses extremely enhanced eyesight, being able to see clearly in every detail from one horizon to the other, and was also known to be able to see grains of rice inside drops of ink, feats beyond any natural eyesight.

Rild
    Described by Lord Kalkin as "the only truly enlightened man I ever knew", and by Lord Yama as "my greatest threat", Rild was a complex man. As Lord Kali's executioner, he was second only to Lord Yama in martial skills, and almost succeeded in killing him. As the enlightened one, he gained an immunity to Lord Yama's death stare that not even the gods managed to possess in all their millenia. Also, as Lord Kali's Holy Executioner, he was dipped in a substance that turned portions of his body (the chest, forearms, and hands) impervious to any blade, breaking Lord Yama's sword when he tried to stab him.

Dune

The series is a masterpiece. However, it's 2 AM, and to do it any justice would require more time than I am willing to submit. More tomorrow, or the day after :p

Tags:
  2. PDQ Meta-Debater

Grappler Baki doesn't have nearly enough fans but I found the fights interesting.

People from nonaction-focused shows(for instance, the main character of Maburaho could blow away multiple super high level demons easily and could destroy the world if he wanted to, but he's from a harem anime so I doubt most people would recognize him)

3. Tuxx God of Destruction

Tons of series....

4. mystictrunks The BOWSS

The Big O. I love everything about that show, but fights with mecha involved are not popular especially rather unknown ones.

5. Tuxx God of Destruction

Aww Big O... good times... good times. That show reminds of Xenogears. Well if you ever played it, the Babel tower/under ground lighthouse are all somehow so similar to Big O show.

6. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Where can I buy that book? And I watched all the anime you all listed.

7. mystictrunks The BOWSS

Go to Amazon.com/borders.barnes&nobles and search for Lord of Light. Sci-Fi section

8. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Good. I have to buy a Math book. I'll pick this up.

9. Parallax LET ME IN Advisor

Flag:
    Mexico

I would love to use characters from Planetary. Sadly not enough people are familiar with that one.

10. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

11. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

12. Fenix Pie Vendor

Almost every non-shounen series that I enjoyed watching can probably fit into this category

Obviously, I'm not saying only shounen characters can fight but you know what I mean ;p

13. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

You mean the narrow minded majority wouldn't go near it. Like how they hate on Avatar because it's on Nickelodeon.

14. Tuxx God of Destruction

Nono - Diebuster(Gunbuster 2): Enugh said >< Instant warping, planet busting, sub Lightspeed - lightspeed, micro-black holing, rewriting physical universal laws, energy absorbing, singularity, buster machine. Nono = win:)

Should watch DieBuster, its a pretty good show, I was rewatching it>< Some pretty crazy powers in that show. Nicola has reality wraping powers and Tycho powers has theoretically hit minus 1,020,000,000,000 degrees. And Lark has porting powers? ,she grab the leftovers of Jupiters planet(it lost most of its weight but was still pretty big) and slammed it against that one space monster.

People hating on Nick? o.O Avatar is cool.... I've been watching it since ep.1 and on the first air date.... I ran through an Avatar phase for like a month; must of watched both seasoned at least 5 times ><

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  15. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

I did a small respect thread here and in the American comics section for Miracleman that got not a single response. :laugh No worries, though. Even at the time I knew he'd be a hard sell.

16. Fundamental physicist

The Amalgam Brothers, before the retcon--well people don't like omni-battles what's there to say?

N'uff said.

17. Heartgobbler wandering philosopher

Terry Pratchett's characters. The books ae very popular but when I made threads with them ,there were only a couple of replies.

Daimos:

Absolute classics among Japanese mecha. Sadly, no replies at all. It seems most people here are not old enough to remember him.

18. ez Jesus Christ

Kemonozume threads

19. Vicious für immer

Theirs a quite a few threads that i would like to make with,
    Blood reign:curse of the yoma
    Escaflowne
    Blue gender
    Zoids(im serious lol)
    3x3 eyes(i need to re-watch this though)
    Twilight of the dark master
    Air Gear
    etc..
    i remember Nono:laugh
    Clicky here

20. Taleran Back to Nothing

I'd like to use a lot more JJBA characters but since either the abilities are too strong or because the manga is more tactical than speed based they usually end up one sided

21. Fundamental physicist

I'd also like to do more Naruto threads, the problem is, they're not powerful enough to take on other fictional beings.

22. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Naruto is not weak. It's just the simple fact that Shounentards love shit mangas with repetitive Ki blasts and explosions. Fights on Naruto's tier are much more fun to watch.

23. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

"How many Gokus would it take to beat Superman?"

Since the answer is obviously more than one. However that would stir up a flame war.

Anyway, I approve of Diebuster, Planetary, Big O, and Terry Pratchet. But the Amalgam Brothers were just lame, poorly - thought - out plot devices IMO.

24. The Nameless Pharaoh Shin Sekai No Kami

I want to make Onimusha threads but not many people here played the Onimusha games.

25. Taleran Back to Nothing

......................this counts for what 2 series talked about here?

26. Wesley Guess who it is!?

I'd like to make a Mink Vs. Nuku Nuku thread, but I'm fairly certain it'd fall of the map. They're too old and didn't recieve much fanfare at their initial releases.

27. Wobbly Active Member

There's loads of battle threads that I want to make with 666 characters, but I can't due to the relative obscurity of it and the difficulty in choosing who would be good matches against them.

I also want to throw Gala in there with someone, but few people read Bastard!!....

28. Timur Lane He's my favourite gentleman

I want to create a thread with Enrico Pucci, but the problem with him is that i dont know who i shall pit him against.

Any suggetions??

29. Yagami-Kun KIRA

There are many game characters threads I want to make.

30. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Tales of series, characters. And Rave Master characters