1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

...waah, Naruto Sucks post skip!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Angel wing, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Angel wing

Ok, now that I have your attention, let me put this in simple terms.

Lets take all the people we've seen fight, such as Gaara... Sakura.... and even Sasuke's speed demonstration and lets put it into a little box... this little box will be closed. Lets close it... CLOSE IT DAMN IT!

Ok, now thats its closed, we're gonna throw the box far.. far... far away.... yes, just throw it. GOOD!!

Now, if that didnt work for you, continue reading this post.

Comparing Naruto... to Sasuke, Sakura or anyone elses improvement for that matter is like comparing 3 brand new computers to a computer thats been massively overclocked.

Naruto = overclocked computer because we haven't seen how he can operate without the influence of Kyuubi upon him.

This is NOT a Naruto > Sasuke or anyone Thread. This is a "Be patient and stop saying Naruto sucks seeing as how you have NO foundation to say that." Thread.

BTW, I think Sai is the AL.

Tags:
  2. delirium

Huh? How can one have no foundation on saying how much Naruto either sucks or not when he's the main character? Shino maybe. But Naruto?

3. Angel wing

I'm talking post-skip. We haven't seen Naruto go 1v1 against anyone but Oro and that wasnt exactly Naruto fighting.

4. DeepThought

People who argue that "base" Naruto is weak without Kyuubi forget that Sasuke is hopped up on goofballs and cursed seals.
    (And vice versa)

I think it's dumb to disregard the Kyubii or CS abilities. They make the characters who they are as much as the "will of fire" or "vengeful quest"

Like in the battledome... "Superman vs. Green Lantern, but Supes isn't allowed to fly or use heat vision" lame gimped out crap.

5. Angel wing

Don't get me wrong. I'm not dismissing any of this. All i'm saying is, if you have WATCHED Naruto you will realize there is a massive difference between Naruto's fighting styles when he's high on Kyuubi chakra and when he's fighting in his "base" form.

I mean, even Jiraiya realized this.

6. DeepThought

KN has no idea what he's doing and fights in a very ferral manner. Other times, Naruto uses the K chakra but still has control and fights the same, but faster/stronger. (Neiji match)

7. Rellik

(S)He's talking about post-time skip where naruto only fights in tail mode...

8. gunste1n

I agree with you a 100%. Im dead tired of people who says Naruto is weak, just because he lets his feelings for Sasuke makes him seriously pissed off and which forces the kyuubi chakra out.

Read my Obito in my sig !

9. Spanish Hoffkage

KN 4 gave Oro and Jiraiya hard times and now he's improving a lot his base mode.

I will never call that weak.

10. The Pink Ninja

He's my second favourate character and while I don't think he sucks as such his battle performance after the skip has been fairly cringe worthy.

However I rest safely in the knowledge all the people bashing him tend to be hideously pro-Sasuke (Way to make me ashamed of my Sasuke fanship guys) and will be laughing on the other side of their faces when Naruto thwomps him.

We all know Naruto is going to be the stronguest. Fact.

11. Axeman

But I wouldn't attribute his lukewarm performance to lacking talent, skills, etc. He just can't kept his emotions in check thus far. And when that happens, he gets angry. Then it's "y halo thar kyuubi raged guy."

I think the next fight he's involved in will playout much, much differently.

12. Franckie

Tunes will change when Naruto unleashes some owning on certain characters. So I let the fanboys/haters have their parade, they should enjoy themselves while it lasts.

13. Tsak kimimaro

naruto is improving himself step by step u cant really give him crap if the only battles he has had are when the kyuubi goes rampant still when he tried to go nuts on deidara i defintly think it was him just by what he was doing to him
    using a clone to hold back kakashi and what not even tho the kyuubi go in there because he was so pissed off
    im saying this naruto doesnt suck post skip
    the shows name is naruto i mean come on
    besides naruto is cool xD

14. AZNKid14

Yeah we really do have to wait quite a bit longer, AND OF COURSE since he is the main character, they most likely will have him display power without the use of the kyuubi. He will also most likely be quite powerful if you know that he is the main character. So just wait, eventually everyone will see his true potential as well as every other characters.

15. Mack The Knife

I really likes the few parts when Naruto showed his fighting style in Normal Form.
    For Example -> Kakashi Bell Test, Arriving at the sand when he blocked chiyo and of course when he got deidara and rescued Gaara at the same time.
    And he didnt go to his limit in these scenes. They just scratched what Naruto is capable of after time skip and I think we'll see some very nice moves of him in the future...(he kind of changed his fighting style to a very cool way instead of before time skip)
    And then I read these days he had no chance against Sasuke when they met... I mean.. hello??!? He had fought hisself to the absolute limit and chased Oro and Kabuto for quite a while. He had like NO stamina left, so there is no point in a real comparison at all(although its obvious that sasuke is stronger atm)

16. warrior1000

i would not say naruto sucks it is just we haven't seen the fruits of jiraiya's training yet. People campare him to susake, he himself stated that susake's growth was better than his, but why do people say he sucks compared to sakura, she also said that susake is stronger than her, but some how ever one has come with a theory that sakura hs grown more than naruto, and naruto is weaker than all the genin.

17. Zorokiller

naruto always sucks..he just has it's moments he is uber and pwns the shit out of everyone..Like every hero

18. RasenganUltimate

Well, we haven't really seen Naruto's full power and skills yet. So you can't really conclude that Naruto sucks after the time skip. Of course, he is weaker than Sasuke in terms of skill. But, Orochimaru trains Sasuke like a lot probably because he wants Sasuke to become uber powerful, so he can take on Sasuke's body. While Jiraiya trains Naruto, but not as much probably. Assuming what we have seen from Jiraiya, he is most likely "conducting research" during Naruto's training.

19. narutofangd

Naruto is trying to better himself by going without powerups that are harmfull, Sasuke is embracing the harmfull power ups it going to come back and bite him in the arse.

20. Genesis

...and here i came expecting a good rant or something.

21. NiKKoU CHa

22. The Pink Ninja

Well done, do you want a medal? It had pretty ribbon.

23. Angel wing

if you want a good rant I can create a thread about who the AL leader is... but I dunno, i'd probably kill myself half-way through typing it out. i really don't know how some people do it... I would literally, slash my own throat before being able to post it. :(

EDIT: I'm realizing alot of people aren't even reading what I posted. They are just going off by the title.... wow. How do you guys... nm.

24. Genesis

Oh, i read the post. I thought you were going to bash...but it was the opposite.

25. Angel wing

26. NiKKoU CHa

i read the post too... i just think we cant generalize a person's ability without a series being over... we can easily say kirillin sucks overall in dragonball... it ended.. and he sorta sucked after it turned into dragonball z (saiyans coming) pre Z it was only tenkaichi and only humans...

27. Shinnou Genkaku

28. Naruto_Rasengan

Haha yeah that was fairly harsh.. but you get that sometimes. :laugh

29. jian77

I've been thinking the same for a while now, it will be interesting to see Naruto in a serious fight without the influence of the Kyuubi. Hopefully against Sasuke.

30. Sammy-Jo

If we saw how he operated without the influence of the Kyuubi, he'd be dead...

Therefore, it's an absolute must to consider the Kyuubi when determining Naruto's abilities in comparison to everyone else's. The Kyuubi is a part of his body and his chakara just as much as everyone else's single type of chakara is a part of their bodies and chakara.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily make him good or bad. Sure, he's got a good amount of chakara, but his intelligence, strategy, and emotional control are all lacking. It takes a lot more than chakara and luck to be the best...

And then there are those that have not only more intelligence, better strategies, and emotional control than Naruto, but that have the chakara to back it up.