1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Was Oro already in Kabuto in ch.296?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Tsukuy0mi, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Tsukuy0mi nothing

Prolly I'm just reading too much into the following panel (since all my theories have been disproven so far), but is there a little chance that Orochimaru, or at least a part of him, was already in kabuto in chapter 296?

Spoiler:

He was talking about the fight between Orochimaru and Naruto, but his way of speaking sounds so strange...

Maybe Orochimaru "splitted" himself just before transferring into the last body, to have a back up plan just in case Sasuke would betray him.
    The "split" jutsu activates the inner kabuto whenever the first Orochimaru dies.

Tags:
  2. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

Orochimaru's "snake" has always been in Kabuto.

But yeah, you might be right.

3. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

No...this sounds like a choice Kabuto made.

4. TenshiOni Active Member

Personally, I believe Kabuto's current state is the result of him fusing Orochimaru's corpse (recall, the giant snake was left behind) with himself. After all, he is the psychotic medical nin that loves to play with cadavers.

So I think you're reading too much into it.

5. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

Read the english trans, and I agree with Tenshi

6. Tyrannos Living a Life

No, I don't think a part of Orochimaru was in Kabuto. That would only confirm people's opinions of Orochimaru being Voldemort.

But if you go a few chapters earlier with the revelation of Kabuto's mission under Sasori, and Kabuto's motives, it seems that after Sasuke left the base, Kabuto was able to sucessfully research Orochimaru's body (which he couldn't before due to Orochimaru casting protective Jutsus).

So Kabuto learned Orochimaru's Jutsu. The question is if he merged with the body, Kabuto's changes are due to the Jutsu, or the changes were done cosmetically by Kabuto himself (in changing himself into Orochimaru).

7. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

Was it the snake body ..or was it Oro's original corpes? You know the one that had the ring. I dont think it was his snake body because first of all the eyes were too big, and second of all that was a molting.

8. Tyrannos Living a Life

Na, I don't think Orochimaru had an original corpse, aside what was left of his hand.

I believe that when he first did his transfer, Orochi's original body was merged into the First host. And when he sheded during the other transfers, it was the host's body (which was altered into Orochimaru). That is why Orochimaru had put protective Jutsu's on the bodies, because it still retained the secret. But when he moved into Sasuke, he never got a chance to put that protective Jutsu on that body. And it is that one Kabuto surely researched and found the secret to Orochimaru's Jutsu.

9. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

lol thats just how kabuto speaks.... he is a strange guy lol

10. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

Remember the scene when Oro's hand was sticking out...that I think was his original body.

11. Senju is a

I should probably grow up.

I like OP's idea, but I'm going to have to agree with TenshiOni here and say Kabuto is just a freak who was fiddling with Oro's weird corpse.

12. TenshiOni Active Member

Kabuto mentioned something about the original body on the Bridge of Heaven & Earth when he talked with Yamato posing as Sasori.

He mentioned something about not being able to get to it due to special protection but if Orochimaru is now "dead"....

I think you got it. :D

13. Tyrannos Living a Life

Well the hand definitely is Orochimaru's original body.

But it would've been futile for Kabuto to research the original body since Orochimaru didn't do the transmigration Jutsu after he left Akatsuki (and after Itachi cut his hand off). So it would've been futile to research it.

Which is why I believe the snake body during the third transmigration is the one that Kabuto researched. As I said before, Orochimaru never got a chance to cast the protective Jutsu that would've prevented him researching it. So in short, Kabuto got a golden opportunity.

But this discussion about Orochimaru's hand did bring up a good question, what happened to Orochimaru's Akatsuki ring? Did Kabuto keep it, still in the base rotting away, or was Kabuto nice enough to put the ring in the book he gave Naruto?

14. Robotkiller Still alive

Kabuto has a fetish for playing with dead things, nothing more, nothing less.

15. hiko Well-Known Member

The thing I don't get, Sasuke is walking around doing all manner of Oro-type jutsus with his own Uchiha body, which doesn't exactly give me confidence that Oro's body was anything special - I mean it's not like we've ever had a single mention of Oro's body having it's own special abilities like Shodai's.

16. Banned Uchiha Itachi Banned

You're reading too much into it as well IMO.
    For all we know, he just "implemented" one eye
    You might as well say the current Kakashi is the result of him fusing with Obito.

17. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Na, and I don't think Orochimaru'c consciousness or whatever is even inside of Kabuto currently. I believe the man simply removed an eye from Orochimaru's corpse and placed it within himself because he does not know how to live without someone else directing his actions, even if it is just a product of his imagination.

18. luis12884 New Member

I just finished reading the chapter and was shoked at the last 2 pages! IMO the end of the chapter for some reason reminded me of Batman Beyond: return of the joker where it was all just a DNA thing and not the real joker. i think given Kabutos skills in medicine and experimenting i believe that he actually experimented with himself and orochimaru really is dead but "alive" in kabuto. I think just like return of the joker, either orochimaru might have experimented on kabuto or kabuto might have experimented on himself and he can "transform" into a version of orochimaru just like joker could with robin as the host....just a theory... I guess it would make more sense if u saw the movie lol, but for those who like me still remember it and know what i mean please help clarify if possible and give your opinion. thanks!

19. MS81 Supreme Jounin

yeah I think he's readin too much into it also.:nod

but I alway thought Kabuto and Oro would fuse somehow.:thumbs

20. vagnard Well-Known Member

Orochimaru will reborn through Kabuto's actions. Kabuto isn't anymore inside of Sasuke.

21. Narutimate Hero Konoha's greatest

^that could be the most possible explanation by what we have right now.

There is a bit of snake in all of us, ya know.

22. Mouten one batch

Given he was talking to the fake Sasori, I doubt he was honest. Anyway, I think you're wrong thinking this is something about the original body. Kabuto was talking about the Immortality Jutsu, the secrets of which he wanted to discover in the old body when Oro take a new one. It wasn't about Oro DNA.