1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Was Trigun inspired by Rurouni Kenshin? (May contain possible Spoilers for both series)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Samurai Navarre, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Samurai Navarre The Angel of Death

I can't help but notice how similar both animes are. And please don't misunderstand. I'm not shitting on Trigun. I love that anime to death. I would NEVER shit on Trigun. I'm just asking a simple question.

I mean both animes have:

1. A protagonist who is a pacifist that won't kill no matter what.

2. Both protagonists don't kill because of a certain person in their life who they used to know and loved. (Tomoe for Kenshin and Rem for Vash)

3. A protagonist who is a villain magnet. (Bad guys always seem to show up and cause trouble because of said protagonist being around and want to fight/kill them)

4. An edgelord who rivals the protagonist in skill. (Aoshi Shinomori for Kenshin and Legato Bluesummers for Vash. Both even look similar.)

5. A badass side character who smokes a lot and also rivals the protagonist in skill. (Saito Hajime for Kenshin and Nicholas D. Wolfwood for Vash)

6. An old guy who controls a giant.

7. An elite criminal organization that is in service to the main antagonist of the series. (The Juppongatana for Kenshin and the Gung Ho Guns for Trigun)

8. A main antagonist who loves death and genocide and is polar opposite to the protagonist. (Shishio Makoto for Kenshin and Knives Millions for Vash)

Trigun is basically a Wild West version of Rurouni Kenshin with Cowboys and Guns in place of Samurai and Swords. (And no I'm not saying this is a bad thing. Quite the opposite. In fact that's why I love it due to Rurouni Kenshin being my all time favorite Anime. Both have a very similar story too. I highly recommend both animes to people. If you love one then there's a 99% chance you'll also love the other.)

Tags:
  2. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

Never thought about it. I’ve read the original RK manga, watched all the original anime and the OVAs. I haven’t seen or read any of Trigun so this thread has prompted me to finally take a look...

3. Samurai Navarre The Angel of Death