1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

We Can't Study (Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by SkitZoFrenic, Feb 12, 2017.

1. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

We Can't Study

(Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai)

Synopsis:

Yuiga Nariyuki works hard every day to obtain a full-college scholarship by his High School to support his poor family. His headmaster promises that he'll get it if he full-fills a small condition. He has to tutor two resident female geniuses Furuhashi Fumino (Literature-genius) and her friend Ogata Rizu (Science-genius), so that they can get into their dream-college. The catch is that Fumino wants to major in Science and Rizu wants to major in Literature despite them failing constantly in those subjects.

Genre:
    Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2

New Shounen Jump series. Pretty fun series so far with a cute concept. The 3 main characters all seem quite likable, and there is definitely a lot of room for this to be a fun and long running rom-com series. Art is top notch, humor is pretty good, and so far it is pretty enjoyable, in my opinion. Here's hoping it doesn't get a quick axe like so many Shounen Jump series are nowadays.

Also...OGATA BEST GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Cold genius girl, glasses, short hair, and stockings? GG! And everyone knows Blazer > Sweater...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Tags:
  2. luffy no haki 1st seat

Looks nice, I´m afraid this may become a second Nisekoi if it gets decently popular though.

3. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Funnily enough, the author for this used to be Komi's assistant for Nisekoi (hence why the art looks kinda similar). However, unless there are like 3-4 other girls that appear and get added onto this stipulation, I can't really imagine this devolving into Nisekoi levels of annoying, progress lacking, shit. Here's hoping at least.

4. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Oh God, this chapter was so fuckin adorable. Hazuki/Kazuki are amazing little twins, and Mizuki....awww yeah, Wincest route unlocked! Glad that we got to see that Nariyuki's family is filled with really nice people, and that they all support and understand that he tries his best for his family and friends. Also, lol @ the twins trying to ship Fumino and Rizu with their brother :lmao Too perfect.

Really liking this series so far. Art is top notch, humor is pretty great, and it is just an enjoyable read. Please God, let this series be popular in Japan so it doesn't get the axe...

5. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

The art style and plot kind of reminds me of Nisekoi.

6. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

7. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Supporting Staff

Oh! I didn't see that part. That makes a lot of sense. :lmao

8. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

How could you doubt that there will be more girls added? That's where these stories always go.

9. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

I mean, it doesn't HAVE to go the full harem route. There are plenty of long running series with only a love triangle as the main focus.

10. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Welp, looks like this really is going down the Nisekoi path, and I am sorry to betray Ogata, however...NEW BEST GIRL HAS ARRIVED! TOMBOYISH TAN-SKIN GIRL IN A COMPETITIVE SWIMSUIT! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!

DAT ASS, GODDAMN! :datass

Not only that, but she legit has had feelings for Nariyuki for quite some time.

Yep, I am 100% on this ship now. I kinda had hopes this would only be a love triangle series, but since it is going the (presumably) giant harem route, I feel like it's right to be able to jump ship if a new contender is far better (such as with Takemoto). Welp, looking forward to Chapter 5 now. This chapter was delayed quite a bit, thought the series might have been dropped by the translators :( What a fuckin tragedy that would have been...

11. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Im confused on who's gonna win this time, with no tsunderes around.

12. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Well since this is clearly going the huge harem route, I imagine we'll get a token tsundere soon enough. Already got: the airhead, the cold genius, and TOMBOYISH TAN-SKIN SWIMMER BEST GIRL BY MILES. We need a tsundere, a childhood friend (moreso than just middle school), his sister seems to be a bro-con, so that is possible as well. Whatever, still lots of room for tropes.

13. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

They have the short haired blonde, the plain black haired girl, and the sporty short haired girl.

They need the busty one, the red head, and the other black haired girl that is less plain.

The fact that there are multiple girls from the start and the main character has yet to take an interest makes it difficult. Maybe it will be one of those series where the main character's relationship with the girls will actually have to be explored.

14. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Curious is this series will cap out at like 5 girls, or if it'll go full hentai harem protagonist mode, and do like 8+? I really hope it stays on the smaller side so that we can get better character development opportunities, instead of getting spread super thin which is usually the case (unless the series is literally 200+ chapters).

15. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

It will 99% sure be one of the first two, but they are both 2nd girls stereotypes (short big boobed somewhat distant girl and moe soft black haired girl) with main girl traits split between the tewo.

Im siding with short hair blonde for personal preference, I found her funnier :lmao

16. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. There was absolutely not hint as to a preference between the two girls. I think two of them even have the same amount of panel time at the moment, they are almost always beside each other. Seems hard for the author to side with one of them.

17. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

I could be wrong, but didn't it take way more than 4 chapters before new girls were introduced in Nisekoi? I thought Kosaki-bait and Chitoge were the clear frontrunners from the get-go (even though Chitoge would obviously be the lead given the One-Shot). The introduction of OBVIOUS BEST GIRL in this series seems very quick in comparison (if I am remembering right, which...I am probably not since my memory is shit), so it is possible that all of the potential new girls will have an actual shot at winning this thing.

Edit: Just checked: it took until chapter 15 before BEST GIRL TSUGUMI (first new girl introduced) appeared in Nisekoi. On top of MC just wanting to get a recommendation and not having a crush on Doormat--chan like Raku, new girls are appearing much quicker. So ya, this series is already way different than his previous-ish work. So here's hoping that all of the girls will be on an even playing field and the author won't just go with first-girl syndrome.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  18. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Takemoto is definitely a fun one. Stirring up shit and eavesdropping on that confession. Hell, even Nariyuki and Ogata couldn't resist the urge of hearing the result of a confession, lol. Cute chapter overall. Nariyuki doing his best as Sensei to alleviate Furuhashi of her stress from being constantly confessed to. Looks like she is starting to fall for him.

19. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

20. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Ogata centered chapter, hey oh! Trying and failing horribly at writing a short opinion essay. Love that Takemoto was out at karaoke but as soon as she heard Ogata was with Nariyuki she instantly teleported there, lol. Goddamnit she is great. Blackout highjinks ensue...and we find that Ogata is actually afraid of that dark. Adorable. Fun seeing Takemoto's internal dialogue in regards to how best to take advantage of this situation. Still, poor Nariyuki in the end felt them up in the dark accidentally...Ogata's rage reaction, and Takemoto's flustered blushing face. Feelsgoodman. That essay she turned in...so terrible, lol.

21. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Hurray! More Takemoto! She really is bad at studying though, Christ. Good on Nariyuki for being clever enough to use swimming in order to help with her studying. Goddamn she was adorable this chapter. Also, Ogata confirmed just as terrible at swimming as Nariyuki, lol.

That gift at the end though..."How the hell am I supposed to use this?" Uhhhh...bruh, come on. Worn competitive swimsuit of a dark skinned cutey cutey? Fap material forever...

22. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Midterms! Ogata scurrying to do her best and not fail after overhearing Principal and his cuteycutey assistant's conversation. All of her previous tutors have told her the same thing over and over: give up on literature, just focus on math...since you're a genius at that. I love how she desperately wanted to pass just so that Nariyuki would for sure stick around and not abandon her like the rest (even though we all know he never would).

Ditzy girl is next week, and she is super sick...we'll see how this goes. Also, lol @ Ogata's dad trying to act all tough, and then she just immediately destroys him and his bullshit. Good times.

23. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Furuhashi centered chapter...or at least it was supposed to be, lol. Uruka easily stole the show (no surprise there). Nursed her back to health and also is an amazing cook. Dat wifey fantasy she had :datass Christ, she is so goddamn great.

Looks like Principal is approving of things, but the other teacher/tutor chick clearly doesn't get why you should let them be "normal". She's definitely gonna be the main antagonist in the first main arc.

The ending of that chapter: "In order to support Uruka's love, the swimming team comes forth!" Fuck yeah, another chapter focused on best-girl. Really curious to see popularity polls for this series in a few weeks/months. Want to know if Japan finally grew taste, or if they are still dumpster tier in that regard, lol.

24. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

It seems like a relationship is being developed between the main character and Uruka. She has habit of interjecting herself into the other two's problems. The other two are meek and while the story revolves around them they are just kind of props right now. We are ending up with a story about two characters helping two girls pass exams.

I doubt the author is intending for the story to be going in this direction. We need reason why we should cheer for a pairing besides Yuiga and Uruka.

25. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Nah, I'm good with this. Ogata and Furuhashi can be the main plot leads, Uruka can be the main love interest, lol.

26. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Awwww fuck yeah! A chapter fully about best girl! New scans are better quality, but as a result, Uruka isn't as tan :( Oh well, at least the color cover had her with tanlines :datass

Uruka's swim friends are super legit wingmen, lol. They instantly got that shit set up. We got to see more about how Uruka (and people in general) view her as super tomboyish, but damn, once she was in that dress and got princess carried to victory by Nariyuki...so fuckin nice. If only this series was focused entirely on these two :(

Also, the end of the chapter mentioned that a new girl would be appearing next chapter. Highly doubt they have a chance to compete against Uruka, but still, I suppose it is possible.

27. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Dat fanservice opening page. Welp, Furuhashi stressing about weight, and funnily enough, everyone is enjoying tons of snacks during school in front of her, lol. Kind of annoying just how focused on her weight she is, but I guess that is just a HS girl thing. Oh well. That ending though...midnight snacks? You stupid, stupid girl.

Also, guess I misinterpreted the end blip of the last chapter. Thought another girl was gonna show up this chapter...but apparently Rizu's rival DOES appear next chapter.

28. Doc Mindstorm Walking In The Air

Another "harem" manga from WSJ?:giogio
    No thanks I prefer authors who do not add girls of all colors and tastes just so at the end it turn into popularity/demand/pairing wars BS that pseudo harem like Nisekoi or Kaminomi usually end with.
    It's really sad that to even have chance of harem end manga needs to have ridiculous amounts of gag like in to love-ru.
    Where is Sekirei when we need it most(tho MC was anouing).:sadpanda

29. Cheeky Nayrudo d o n u t s ~

30. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

Rizu's constant startled/angry face the cutest.