1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Weighted Clothing; Working out

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Luckey, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Luckey Wants his custom title.

I know many of you have seen the Dragonball series. My question is if the weighted clothing depicted in the anime is an actual item capable of buying. I mean, having a shirt that weighs 10+ pounds and walking around in it would be an interesting workout, don't you think? If any of you know anything regarding this, then please post away!

Tags:
  2. SmokingPepper Sasuke Rules

I've seen that episode. DBZ is an awsome anime.

Well anyways, if I had heavy clothing I don't really think it would help make you stronger, I think it would just weigh you down and make you tired, but I could be wrong.

And as of what I know there is not a heavy weighted suit to buy.

3. Gold3n_boy SuperNewb

It would seem like a good idea,if you were a body Builder, like arnold Swzaneiger(whatever).

But tbh. You would be asking for a drink of water like every 5 or 10 minutes.

4. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I'm curious as to what kind of strain that constant added weight would be on your body, such as your knees. There are a lot of positions your body isn't meant to be put in under added weight.

I don't know if there are actual clothes you can buy, but I know there are weights you can buy that strap to parts of your body like your wrists or kness.

5. Luckey Wants his custom title.

closet thing I came to were ankle weights and weighted gloves.

Also, on the subject about added stress to bones. Supposedly more weight actually increases your bone density and mass. Think of it as reverse standards of going into outerspace. When one goes into outerspace, they are forced to exercise while up there or else their bones will deteriorate over time due to no strain being placed upon them. Now reverse that and add more gravity. Having more gravity would build bone density and so and so. And the closest thing to adding gravity would be to have weighted clothing.

6. Luckey Wants his custom title.

Did an extensive google search and finally discovered something CLOSE to what I was looking for:
    fc

7. botoman nande yanen

I've seen weighted vests at my local Sports Authority, but it's a little too expensive for me. Instead, I just put weights in an old backpack and go running.

8. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

I wore weights in my clothes for a while. I got up to about 40 lbs. (4 10 lbs.)

It did make me feel lighter afterwards.

9. jinn you breath me in.....

You can buy wieghted wrist and ankle bands...up to 10+ pounds i think..they got wieghted basketballs too....i doubt a wieghted shirt exists..

10. Luckey Wants his custom title.

Target sells 20lb Vests for $69.99

11. Luckey Wants his custom title.

where would you put them and what did you use?

12. botoman nande yanen

Damn. Too bad there's no Target where I live.

13. Cyberwaste A Cult of Personality

I work for target, i've never seen weighted vests. Maybe it's an online only item? In that case you could try .

Like it was said, ankle and wrist weights are commonly available, and would be far better for wearing while doing everyday things compared to a bulky weighted vest. If you intend to do anything with the vests, however, I suggest alot of research beforehand so you don't end up hurting yourself.

14. Riles481 Jade-Eyed Jasper

rip...off... I dont know about the vest but i got two pairs of strap on ankle/wrist weights for like 40 bucks off of ebay

i wear them whenever i can, it increase my overall endurance stenght and burns more calories than normal.

and when you take 20 ponds off each of your feet at nite damn do u feel LIGHT!

15. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

I do have some personal experience with this. I've taken the ankle weight thing up to 20 pounds (10 per leg), and it does put a lot of stress on your body until you build up the stamina pull it off. I've *run* more than a mile before with up to four pounds on each leg when I was in high school, and you can build up mad stamina with it.

I also gave up my locker when I was a sophomore in high school, and ever since, I carried all of my books and gear around in one backpack, including a mile+ walk to and from school. In college, I tacked on a toolbox in one hand, and a large portfolio in the other. To this day, I still feel naked without my backpack. I still make a point of walking at least once a week with a heavy burden.

I have a friend who was both an avid martial artist, and a forest firefighter, and for their training, they had to run two miles carrying a 50-lb packpack. It is humanly possible. Either way, you build up a lot of stamina and endurance, but if you emphasize weight you will build up a lot of full-body strength, whereas if you take more moderate amount of weight and carry it around for longer periods it will increase your speed and agility. The key is to build up over time, rather than wreck your body all at once.

16. Goongasnootch 亀好き

Even if not used in everyday life, a weighted vest with ankle weights and wrist weights would be good while doing bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats.

17. xeno Emmissary of Dance

Which Target did you find them at? I work at one too and have never seen any kind of a weighted vest.

18. Sho Active Member

Hmm, there's wrist and ankle weights you can use. There's also a weight vest though I've never tried it before. But if you ever played football, you would know that football shoulder pads and helmets would fulfill the same function too, even though you can get used to it pretty quickly (wouldn't really make sense though if you don't play football :/..).

19. Nybarius Ennui Bores Me

I'm currently trying to patent a suit that uses strands (as in strand pulling) to add resistance to every step.

20. HisshouBuraiKen OuraouraouraouraOURA!

Listen, and listen good.

WEIGHTED CLOTHING IS A BAD, BAD IDEA IF YOU ARE DOING ANY KIND OF CARDIO WORKOUT. YOU ARE NOT GOKU. THIS IS NOT AN ANIME.

Wrist and ankle weights in particular do nothing but mess up your joints really badly.

21. Vince Johnson Member

hisshouburaiken told yall how it is. if u wanna be strong jus work out like a normal person.

22. lobstersauce Ninja Lobster

some stupid people at my school. Wear weighted back packs.... their really stupid i just pushed one of them and they fell over :) Then i ran away ... its like seeing a turtle trying to get up when its on its back HILARIOUS.... OH and DONT TRY IT... it messes up your back ... just get of your lazy Bum and run a little ;)

23. Kaki Condensed hits harder

It gives you the ability to fly and do energy blasts.......

24. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

This pretty much says it all. :laugh

25. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

For a while, I tried this by putting weights in my pockets.

I got up to 40 lbs.

26. Shunsui Think. Supporting Staff Advisor

You already said this, Reznor.

27. GSurge Brilliant Punk

It also gives you the ability to triple-post!

28. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Oh... I forgot :omg

29. Shroomsday Too Classy to be Right Advisor

If you'd timed it right (and your pockets tipped inwards) you could've made it look like puberty hit you like a brick strapped to a full speed train.

30. ez Jesus Christ

that's the point of carrying buckets of water up a flight of stairs or carrying a backpack full of rocks up a hill.