1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

weird internet browser problem

Discussion in 'Technical Difficulties' started by Blood Raven, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Blood Raven Demi-God

5 minutes after I start my computer up, my internet browsers can no longer visit any sites. However, the rest of the internet, such as games and chat programs still work. The only way to temporary fix the problem is to restart, so the browsers can work for some more minutes.

I have used 3 different browsers and it's the same with them all. I have another computer in the house but it does not have the problem. At first I thought it was because my firewall but I have not touched it in ages so I doubt that's the problem.

Tags:
  2. choinkees Mini-Nyuubi

Hmm, the firewall stuff should hopefully kick in before you open your first browser window, so as you also think, I can't imagine that would be the problem..

Do you browse through a proxy server maybe? In Internet Explorer you'll find those settings in the Tools menu, under Internet Options; then either Settings or LAN Settings in the Connections tab (depending on whether you're on dialup modem or ethernet connection).

If you're on a proxy connection, maybe that's kicking you off after a few minutes of use?

3. Squire of Fate Active Member

Sounds like your DNS servers arn't resolving. Go to Control Panel > Network Connections, find your connection, double click on it, go to the support tab and press repair. If that doesn't work, you may want to consider switching to OpenDNS:

4. myle Smile! :-D

Do you use any torrent client? Or other applications that use UDP? Maybe these applications take over your bandwith and you can't connect with your browser.
    I thought that because you tell that this happens after 5 minutes. Give us more details.