1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

We're looking for active staff members

Discussion in 'Konoha Ad Board & Job Center' started by Katie Atome, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Katie Atome La Rouge

We're currently looking for active staff members for different roles, if you see that you have the time to help and join our staff team and be part of a great site that is striving to bring better features to the anime and manga community, then please either pm me here or join our and pm me there as well.

Site
    Forum

Homepage Related Positions

News Writer
    Anime-Fall.com News is seeking a good writer to increase original, in-depth coverage of stories which do not follow the traditional cycle of new anime, manga, and related announcements. The writer will identify, investigate, and develop stories which provide unique perspectives on the anime and manga industry.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to identifying news source material, researching all aspects of a story, and providing feedback on other written content.

Past story examples
    • Hayao Miyazaki: 'I Won't See' Mary and the Witch's Flower Film

Requirements
    Japanese-language knowledge is recommended but not required. Fluency itself is not required.
    Exceptional grammatical, writing, and editing skills in English with the ability to match style, tone, and voice.

Anime Database Moderator(s)
    An Anime Moderator's duties include, but are not limited to:
    • Adding new/improving existing anime entries within the .
    • Approving/denying additions and edits submitted by users.
    • Cooperating with other mods and admins in the general maintenance of Anime-Fall's database.

Manga Database Moderator(s)
    An Anime Moderator's duties include, but are not limited to:
    • Adding new/improving existing anime entries within the .
    • Approving/denying additions and edits submitted by users.
    • Cooperating with other mods and admins in the general maintenance of Anime-Fall's database.

Forum Related Positions

Graphic Designer (GFX)
    We are seeking a graphic designer to create unique images for Anime-Fall.com events and other site-exclusive images. Video editing is a plus. The duties of a GFX Staff is to hold weekly or monthly SOTW (Signature of the week), ROTW (Render of the Week), and Competitions. A GFX Staff will be responsible in managing and handling the Artistic Beauty forums which include sub sections such as , , and .

Responsibilities include moderation and interacting with members, handling and updating rules and guidelines, and holding competitions.

General Moderator and Super Moderator
    A Forum Moderator's duties include, but are not limited to:

• Knowing, understanding, and executing the Site & Forum Guidelines, the Board-Specific Rules, and our internal Forum Moderator Guidelines.
    • Checking the queue frequently for abuse reports and dealing with a variety of reports from all public forum boards, disputes on user profiles and (as necessary) in clubs.
    • Actively moderating (reading through new and existing threads without abuse reports).
    • Warning and banning users for (repeatedly) breaking the rules.
    • Cooperating with other moderators and admins to ensure: the same level of standard is set for all boards, sub-boards and threads on the main forum; moderation is consistent across the team; and, difficult cases are dealt with in a timely fashion with team input.
    • Continuing to post on the forum in the capacity of a user, so users don't feel moderators are a "silent task-force" and not part of the community.

Forum Moderators must:

• Be at least 18 years old.
    • Spend most of their AF time on the forums, in multiple boards, on a regular basis.
    • Have good communication skills and a community-oriented attitude.
    • Possess a bottomless well of patience and be able to withstand angry complaints without being ruffled.
    • Have enough time to perform moderator duties on a daily basis.

If you would like to submit an open application for a Forum Moderator position, please send me a PM including the following:

• Subject: Forum Moderator
    • Time(s) of the day you can commit to moderating (e.g. morning, afternoon, evening, night).
    • Which boards you frequent most (reading/posting).
    • What you feel is an appropriate amount of time to spend moderating (daily/weekly).
    • A number of paragraphs (use your own discretion on length) addressing:
      -- why you think you are qualified for this position;
      -- what you feel you will bring to the team and community;
      -- what you feel the existing team and community is currently lacking;
      -- what you would do if one of your friends was reported and/or you viewed them breaking the guidelines;
      -- how you might improve/moderate specific boards you frequent now; and
      -- any other (non-code) improvements you would like see made; for example, to Anime-Fall policies.
    • Any concerns you may have about meeting at least one year of active moderation.

To Submit Your Application
    Please including the following:
    • Subject: Position applied for.
    • A few sentences/paragraphs describing why you are interested and why you feel you are well-suited for this position.
    • Sample work and any other relevant information, as requested above.

Thank you for your interest.

2. Trinity temporarily a deadministrator

I like the default design - nice execution of colors and light theme.

How active is your forum? I may want to help out on my freetime if NF gets boring - but I want to know if the userbase is super engaged or not to in order to know what to expect.

3. Katie Atome La Rouge

I don't think it is that active at the moment, my focus is tailored more toward improving the homepage features rather than the forum. So currently we are working on releasing the feed page on the homepage profile which will connect all members together, you can see their anime/manga list updates, what to watch, what they share or post or like etc.

The activity is more on discord channel a bit but i want to built a strong staff who have passion toward anime and manga.

4. Avalon

How come you don't ask one of the current members to be a mod? Won't they be angry if a complete stranger comes over and takes over?

5. Katie Atome La Rouge

They won't be angry, nope. I have befriended members from different sites who are staff, many of the older staff were from different sites too that became good friends. I usually like to assemble a team from outside the site unless i know the member well from the site.

Now, some wants to join the staff team but they don't have the needed skills, i usually like staff who are relaxed, bring joy when communicating with members, be leaders and can communicate well with members and know how to handle disputes if any, not that there is any now. We're focusing on activity atm.

If you like to join pm me !

6. Gifted Yellow Rep Bar Someday

So random people can apply for mod since you’re short of Them?

7. Katie Atome La Rouge

If you feel you're up for the task, will be active and can have time to bring something new to the table, sure pm me :)

Pm me the position you want and what you like to do.

8. Gifted Yellow Rep Bar Someday

What’s the difference between the two applications?

also if you’re offering positions why aren’t you a mod yourself and why are there few people here?

9. Katie Atome La Rouge

I am there :) There are different positions like super mod, general moderators etc. Pm me if you have more questions.

10. Katie Atome La Rouge

Hi everyone, if you'd like to join our staff team, have the passion and dedication, please pm me!