1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Were You or Are You Nervous About Moving Out of Your Parents' House?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Jul 8, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

I still live with my parents, not by choice, but by necessity, as I currently cannot afford to live in my own place of residence.

Of course, I shall not be living with my parents, forever, but I shall admit that I am nervous about moving out of their house and getting my own place of residence, as I have lived with my parents for my entire life, thus far, which has led me to be comfortable and familiar with that idea. Moving out of their house and into my own house shall without question be the singular greatest change to occur in my life, as I shall no longer have them to assist me with anything with which I may require assistance.

Therefore, I wish to ask the other users of this forum about this subject, so that I shall have an idea of what to expect when I eventually have my own place of residence. Where you nervous about moving out of your parents house, and how easily did you adjust to your new living situation? For those of you who still live with your parents, are you nervous about moving into your own place of residence? How are you preparing yourself for that?

Tags:
  2. Mider T VM Rapist

I wasn't nervous because I was a sentient being able to take care of myself.

3. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

That is not helpful to this discussion, so I have reported your post to the moderators.

This is supposed to be a serious discussion, so I do not wish for people to waste time and server space with such meaningless posts as that one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. Mider T VM Rapist

When I was unable to take care of myself, I worried about living on my own. When I learned how to do it, I didn't fear the world anymore because I was prepared for its challenges.

5. Aphrodite Ice Queen Advisor

I don't see why anyone would be nervous living on there own. Maybe a little lonely if you totally live by yourself after living with others but not nervous.

6. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

I do nearly everything for myself, currently; I purchase and prepare my own food, I help with yardwork and housework, I maintain my own bedroom, I pay for all vehicular expenses, and I purchase my own luxuries; the only thing that I do not do is wash my own laundry, but I hope that that shall not be too difficult of a skill to master, and I cannot afford to pay for a rent or mortgage, which is the primary factor that has prevented me from having my own house.

It will be a major change, and I have never liked change for as long as I have been alive; are you saying that I am abnormal for being nervous about moving out of my parents' house and into my own?

7. Aphrodite Ice Queen Advisor

Tbh i dont think nervous is what you will be feeling. I think you might be feeling a little lonely or maybe homesick and you might be confusing it with nervousness.

8. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I had no problem moving out to my first apartment. Of course, I took my dog (a big shepard who patrolled the place at night) and still kept in close contact with my parents (Mom was a shopping buddy). I liked it.

9. ~M~ Do it for her

Accept the possibility that all you are anxious over would actually be positive turns of events in your life. New independence, space, experiences, and power are all obtained from moving. Nervousness is normal but the benefits so vastly outweigh possible cons that it's considered a right of passage that every human being comes to do.

10. Khaleesi Super Moderator

Germany
    The question you posed was if people were nervous to move out of their parents house. Mider said that he wasn’t because he was able to take care of himself.

He answered your question and provided a reason as to why. From my view point his answer was serious as well.

11. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    How can you not do your own laundry? If you're thinking about moving out, right now you should be transitioning to executing this task by yourself. The sooner you understand basic colour sorting, water temperature, when (if ever) to use softener... definitely don't delay in acquiring this knowledge.

12. Lewd Global Moderator

England
    Honestly I think I was more excited than anxious when I moved out. I didn't know how to do anything, from cooking to laundry. You pick it up as you go.

I just use the same setting, always use softener, and do all my washing at once, don't split it. Nothing has gone wrong so far. :catshades

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Benedict Cumberzatch Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon

Flag:
    Denmark
    This is not helpful to this discussion, so I have report your post to the moderators.

WASH BEFORE YOU USE
    The first step in maximizing your towels efficiency starts when you bring them home. Wash your towels before you use them to open up the fibers. “If the fibers aren’t open they won’t be as absorbent,” says the team from Garnet Hill. New towels are often coated in fabric softeners so they’re nice and plush for shoppers. But these softeners prevent towels from soaking up water. To get rid of that buildup, add half a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle during the initial wash.

Pro tip: Skip fabric softeners and dryer sheets on bath towels in general.

THE BEST WAY TO WASH
    How frequently you wash your towels is a personal preference. The Home Team at Garnet Hill suggest every 3-4 uses. Most towels require warm water in a regular cycle, but read the tag to be sure. “If the label stresses that you should separate your dark colors from your white colors, you better do that,” say the experts at Garnet Hill. “And each towel could differ depending on the fibers.” Speaking of those fibers, to avoid getting lint all over your clothes, wash towels separately from clothing.

THE BEST WAY TO DRY
    Remove your towels from the washing machine, give them a shake and tumble dry on medium heat. Once dry, remove immediately (inhale that fresh scent) and fold. To avoid a musty smell, make sure your towels are completely dry before folding and storing away. And if you’re considering line drying your towels, be prepared for an exfoliation -- line drying makes the fibers very stiff and scratchy.

Pro tip: To avoid wrinkly towels, pull them out of the dryer as soon as they are 100 percent dry and fold.

Pro tip: The tri-fold allows you to have more storage space in your linen closet.

Thank you, Martha.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. The Gr8 Destroyer You Make It I'll Break It

Nope. It also helps I know how to sweat copper, lay tile, and do other repairs around the house.

15. DemonDragonJ Cowboy from Hell

I felt that he was implying that I am not able to take care of myself, which is why I responded as I did.

16. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    I wasn't nervous at all.

Living on my own, was cheaper than living with my parents. And came with many many many more benefits.

I got my first job at age 16. Funny enough, that's when my parents started charging me rent. I moved out 5 years later.

By 21, I made way more money than at age 16, and my parents had made sure to up my rent, according to my pay. On top of that, also paid for extra stuff, like the cable bill. And when they didn't pay the light bill, it fell on me to cover them.

But that wasn't the worst part. It was the lack of privacy, and feeling my worth in a place where I more than paid my %. For example, my mom would constantly barge into my room to use my computer, and then bitch me out about how dirty it was. As if tho I was 10. My dad was always in the living room watching tv, and my mom always had something going on in the kitchen, so both were not an option for me.

On top of that, it was the constant influx of people that came to visit them; church people, friends from out of state, cousins, my sisters and their kids, people from work, missionaries....several times a week.

It was too much. I always received my mail open.

Moving out was the greatest feeling. I could cook what I wanted, lounge wherever, didn't have to worry about unwanted company, could stay out till whenever and not get a mass of calls.