1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the most important issues for 2007?

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Junk45Yard, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Junk45Yard

I'm not sure where to put this thread so I figure I'll put it in the NF cafe for starters. If it needs to be moved then mods please put this where it needs to be.

What does everyone think are the most important issues that we in the world need to handle, or at least start to handle, next year (2007)?

Tags:
  2. Toby

The UN Development Goals.

3. Razgriez

Space exploration
    Alternative fuels
    Yeah the UN Development Goals...
    Terrorism
    North Korea
    Iran
    Global Warming
    Africa
    Solving world hunger
    World relations amongst allied nations
    Education
    Other things....

4. Seelas

I'd say the most important would be international relations (both repairing them among supposed allies, and managing the delicate situation with North Korea) and developing alternate energy sources. We really aren't pursuing the latter with an appropriate sense of urgency and I fear that the recent drop in gas prices will make people care about it even less. I'd also like to see more attention paid to the Darfur situation, and to making stricter regulations on C02 emissions.

5. Kayo

-Asuma's chances of living after the Hidan fight.

6. Toby

Improving sciences education. There are shocking results of students not being able to cope with mathematics from developed countries like Norway on an equal level to that of Britain, Germany and France. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are also noticeably becoming "nerd"-subjects again, at least in a few developed countries of northern Europe. This must be changed, and a good incentive would be to pay our academic children what they truly deserve for discovering cures for deadly diseases, improving public safety and guarding our people from dangers (both foreign and domestic).

In other news; disarming nuclear devices until we have enough to only blow the earth 1,5-2 times. That would be a fair and feasible plan to set into motion for the next decade, and I believe it won't ruin our balance of nuclear balance to much amongst the big five.

7. Megaharrison Retired Staff

-Dealing with annoying third world nations such as Iran, Venezuela, and North Korea.
    -Wiping out Islamic terrorism
    -National debt
    -Border security
    -Alternate fuel source development
    -Improvement of education

If this election is decided over "moral values" again I'm going to rip out my hair.

8. Jimnast

9. AstraeaX

it really weirds me out when people say that 'cause pretty much everyone in my family is either a scientist of sorts or an engineer:oh

-i think the most important issue is how the earth is being screwed over and how we need to save it
    -children need to be vaccinated/fed, etc.

10. Bro Tai Jr.

More booze!...They can handle that war thing after the booze.

11. tangoOFDOOM

HA!:p Since when did the UN develop any goals?!

12. OniTasku

-Dealing with "bullies", such as Iran, Syria, Lebannon, and North Korea.
    -Devising some sort of effective exit strategy (and have it be implemented) with the war in Iraq.
    -Economic restortation (both here in the US and worldwide)
    -Research into alternate fuel sources (and getting somewhere with it...)
    -Revamping and reorganizing the United Nations so that they can actually do something and have it bit semi-efficient and effective.

Eh, and a few other minor things like technological development and helping pull third-world nations out of poverty and helping them build a base infrastructure of which to help them build and grow.

13. the_invisible_men

Very true. Even though we can note that many students does not care about these tests (since they do not count on their grade). I find it funny how year 8-10 are so unbelievable simply, with a big crash when hitting year 11-13.

On a side note I can add that the results may be assciated with the split in from year 10/11. Then those who choose so can go on to what I will call a "middle school" between highschool and university, or just go straight into education on industry and apprenticeship.

I still agree though, since Norway is still behind other countries on scientific subjects.

In other news; disarming nuclear devices until we have enough to only blow the earth 1,5-2 times. That would be a fair and feasible plan to set into motion for the next decade, and I believe it won't ruin our balance of nuclear balance to much amongst the big five.

Agreed. I really don't see why people need so much power that they can destroy humanity.

Other things that I think need to be addressed this year, most of them mentioned above:

- UN goals
    - Global warming
    - World peace
    - Human rights

15. Toby

Hello ignorance. Was there anything more rhetorical on your mind or would you indulge us with further proofs of your unearthly wisdom?

Maybe we ought to just ignore the only organisation on earth which has the genuine goal of promoting peace on earth and let it all become a graveyard to feed your pleasure? I'll stick with the UN Development Goals.

16. Razgriez

I dont know. I kind like the whole 36356340576 nukes thing simply due to being having some use against asteriods or comets. Earth is way over due for one of those big ones that can kill everything on the Earth and launching a good 10,000 nukes at it may do enough to make it move from hitting us.

You know, until we get something more effecient and proven that can deal with them.

Fuck trying to save the Earth! Lets figure out how to live on the moon and Mars. I bet we will find out how to purify the Earth's air if we can figure out how to make an artificual environments on other planets. Space Exploration >>> ALL!!!

17. Anaiya

Except I think the focus will turn to areas that have been disrupted by the crackdown on illegal immigrants who have successfully integrated in their communities.

18. Traveler

1. Check to see if Jack Thompson is on drugs.
    2. Find other resorces we can deplete.

19. Toby

That is a good point, I didn't consider nuclear weapons an alternative for destroying asteroids and the like. I think we should be allowed to produce weaponry for such a defense-system, but it should be a planetary unit which the entire planet can benefit from. Other then that, I meant that countries on earth do not need more than enough nukes to blow the planet up 1,5-2 times. :D

20. Red Viking

21. Futagokage

With the exit of Anan of the UN, this year is goint to be really interesting for the whole world.

Which countries change Goverment?

And of course, there is no more interesting issues like the unexpected issues. if youa ask me the important issues in 2000 for 2001 i would NEVER imagine the 11/9.

22. Sorrow-Tear's Champion

Leaving other countries alone when we can't get our own straight
    Fixing taxes
    Getting rid of the IRS
    Realizing gay marriage doesn't affect anyone but gays

23. Toby

Of course it affects others. Heterosexuals potentially gain more women as the number of available men for the heterosexual women decreases. That is, if you count the gays in the first place as potential partners for the heterosexual women. Which I suppose they don't, but it would unleash all hell to say that a man could really love a man in certain places of the world. In fact, just for buttering the toast: I have been physically attracted to a man. *g*

Weather technology ought to be on the list too. We could save a lot more lives if we were better prepared or could deal with climate changes before a population is affected.

24. myle

Internet and generally computer and information technology
    Economy - Energy
    Population (too many people on the planet earth)

25. Zefiris