1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Wizzrobevox, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Wizzrobevox I'm About To Smash!!!

As the title suggests, what events/character introductions/developments are you most looking forward to in the...relatively near future of the series? Like 70-80 chapters from now since arcs tend to be pretty short on average.

Tags:
  2. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Flashback to Tokoyami's internship with Hawks or just Tokoyami character development in general (hopefully learning about his past and how was he stopped the times Dark Shadow went out control during the night before the Training Camp).

We know Crow Bro is a chuuni but there's room for so much more background info.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Djomla Student

More Bakugo. Akways more Bakugo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Aros001 Member

Traitor reveal and more 1-A girls being actively involved in the story's overall narrative (possibly both if Hagakure does turn out to be the traitor).

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Looking to see Bakugou's major turning point/event that happens, a shining moment where it's up to him or something like that. He's had time to develop, but he's never had a chance to get in there and see how his abilities and style of heroism works in application.

The traitor. I really wanna see who that is, and how it'll change up the dynamic.

Gentle. I'm looking forward to him making a return, I feel like he isn't one and done.

Tokoyami and Shoji getting arcs/moments. These two are some of my favourite students, I think both show promise.

6. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    waiting to be proven right when it's revealed that AfO is really in control of Tartarus and has been using the place to harvest the most dangerous quirks all this time :catnoworries

7. KOBA235 Well-Known Member

Yeah him getting provisional license, internship with some top hero, and finally having a proper fight with a villain.

8. Tenma The Inferno

I'm looking forward to Deku vs Shigaraki round 1, whenever that happens. Deku was too weak to fight him in their first meeting and threatened to submission in the 2nd, but now I suspect Deku would have the upper hand in a head-on clash. Whoever wins, I'm anticipating their first real battle as equals and how that will set the dynamic of their rivalry.

9. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

At this point its pretty much confirmed that he is either in control or has a lot of contacts in the prison. Someone was using AFO's quirk, unless Monoma theory is true.

10. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

All For One's giant pupil fucking everyone up. Anyone who can make Gran Torino shit himself like he did isn't to be trifled with.

Mirio getting his quirk back when Eri learns to control her powers.

Reveal of who the traitor is and mass Tartarus break out.

11. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to see Bakugou as #1 hero :troll

12. Aros001 Member

Yeah, something big is going to happen with that prison. We have Stain, the shock-absorption Nomu, and All For One locked up in the same place, all of whom would be great for Midoriya to encounter again, especially in a world without All Might.

13. Wizzrobevox I'm About To Smash!!!

I'm really looking forward to Bakugou's first villain fight too, and you know it's gonna be something/someone who would be impossible to beat prior to all his character development, like Karma vs Grip from Assassination Classroom. Hori knows we're waiting for it so it's gotta be something special.

I'm also looking forward to some side characters like Sero, Mina, Shoji and Tokoyami to get arcs/significant character devlopment, Tokoyami seems the most likely for sure, espcially being teamed with Hawks for a time, but I can see the other three getting time, Sero and Mina are some of the first choices for characters Hori said he'd like to do more with from an interview, and Shouji has proven to be a relavent and likable enough character.

Hopefully there's a Mineta character arc soon because the Endevour stuff was really good, plus he's one of the smarter characters in the class, and he needs to grow up a bit more out of his super perv/coward mindset, Midnight was a good start but we need more from him.

And yes, yes, YES to the traitor arc, or whatever cause the earlier incidents at U.A., to be explored soon since the league will probably show up in the next few arcs, and he haven't gotten much of anything on that front(If it gets revealed during this training arc, I'm gonna lose my shit).

Lastly, I want to get on to the second semester because I would LOVE to see the next group of freshmen interacting with Class 1-A as well as see how intensive the next round of training is.

14. WorldsStrongest Man of Miracles

Canada
    TODOROKI FAMILY MOMENTS

Or really just more of Shoto taking center stage.

MORE TODOROKI FOCUSED ARCS.

15. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

Spoiler:
    Tbh I wouldn't mind Bakugou getting a villain fight for once and he ain't even my favorite character.

16. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

17. Tayimus Number One

Bakugou-Villain Fight.

Ochako-Magneto Power-up!

Deku-Father Reveal.

More OFA Backstory.

That's pretty much it. Sad, when I think about it.

18. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Deku finally getting widespread recognition for all the heroics he pulls off

More Bro moments from Iida

Mei X Deku

Hawks crossing paths with the UA Traitor, a la the Departed/Infernal Affairs

The Breakout

Toshinori in battle again, using nothing but experience and intuition to survive

19. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

Mexico
    Catdank Faction:
    I want to see Bakugo vs Todoroki

20. Tayimus Number One

Forget quirk, he doesn't even have a healthy body to be doing anything. :drake

21. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Todo having more girl moments with Momo or Camie as well.

22. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

He still has it in him to have reflexes like this:

:mako

23. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

He's an expert at grabbing onto big, round objects.

:LOS :gun

24. Tayimus Number One

And yet All Might needed Deku to save him from a falling rock....? Come on, bruh. :kobeha

25. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Obviously, the falling rock wasn't round enough . . . . :LOS

l
    l
    I
    v

Also, he still had a broken arm at the time, not that it matters. Looking at that sequence again, dude let Deku show his stuff, and his knees were bent and ready to spring him out of the way in case Deku fucked up.

Anyways, I'm not asking him to take on Gigawhachamacallit or anyone like that - just to you know, survive and battle for his life and shit.....

Hmm.....

You know, I say I'm not asking for that, but now that I think on it a bit . . .

Narratively speaking, it'd be a pretty neat and almost poetic place to have the culmination of his arc as a character. When we first met him, this was a guy who believed that you could not be a hero without a quirk. And when Deku showed him that you could hero it up without a quirk, he then moved to pass on his quirk to him anyways. So even if he said that, there was still that doubt inside him. Still is that doubt inside of him. He was a quirkless person too once upon a time. The powerlessness he felt during that time must have been like Deku's own feelings but a million times worse because of his ambitions not just to be a hero, but to be the pillar of the peace of society. And his inability to do anything to further that goal because of his lack of a quirk at the time - and then his subsequent fufilling of that goal when he did get that quirk - permanently tainted his own vision of what was necessary to be a hero.

So in the future, I'm seeing Toshinori alone, in a situation where many people's lives are on the line. And there he is in a heap before impossible odds that threaten those lives. And it's a rough situation just like it was in Kamino Ward, but worse. Because he no longer has the embers of One For All to draw from. All he has is his quirkless self and whatever experience he's accumulated from being the number 1. But he has to get up from that heap on the ground and raise his fists first. And that would require him to finally and truly get over his hangups of quirklessness and heroism. To truly believe in himself and his justice, and to show his guts. And it won't matter if he lives or dies, or is saved or even comes out victorious. What would matter is that he fought as himself and proved to himself - with his own two hands - that he could hero it up without a quirk too.

26. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

27. Karma15 The Naive Hero

If I don't get an Invisa-Girl Origin arc I'm contemplating writing hate mail.

28. overlordpringerx Well-Known Member

Bakugou, Mineta, Shoji, and Tokoyami arcs.

:blobcoffee

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  30. overlordpringerx Well-Known Member