1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

what are your gripes with the series?

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Chloe, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Chloe

Flag:
    Portugal

What annoys you?
    How would you improve it?
    etc

2. Lord Valgaav

-Though not as useless as many other shonen female leads, Elizabeth could be doing more. We know that she's around Meliodas in power, so she needs to start acting like it and help in some fights already.

-I hate King's new form. Its the hair, it bugs me. I hope he fixes that.

-I didn't like the Estarossa=Mael thing. Estarossa was an awesome character, so to reveal that he was fake this entire time was really just cruel to do to a fan. I like Mael so far and I have good anticipation for his interaction with Mel, but Esta had a better story going for him.

-Gowther needs to quit fucking with his allies memories. I hated what he did to Diane and how willing he was to harm Escanor. I know he's just a doll know hasn't fully grasped normal emotions yet, but he can be the biggest jerk of all at times.

-I didn't like how easily Zeldris bowed down to Mel. They both sought to be DK, current TC leader vs former TC leader, the Piety vs the traitor, brothers, etc. Everything was setup that they should have a big battle before any alliance between the two. But instead wet get big brother Mel bullying his little brother into dropping his dream to help him.

-I don't like how useless the humans have become. This is becoming like Dragonball where all the other races are relevent but if you're a human you're stuck as a cheerleader.

-The DK. His design is too cliche and his performance was embarrassing. Nuff said.

-I don't like how easily the TC were taken down after all their build up as being stronger than everyone else bar the gods and Archangels. Some of them had reasonable deaths, but some were just pathetic. They each should have had respectable battles to lose like the Espada.

3. Rakuyo

true but unlike db, there are actually still a couple humans who are able to compete reasonably well against angel and demon top tiers

4. Lord Valgaav

Top tiers? Becides Escanor and Ban(who're amped by non-human power), what humans can compete?

5. Rakuyo

still humans bruh :catdankv4:

arthur might be able to when he reaches his peak :kermitthink

6. Lord Valgaav

Thats cheating though. If humans have to use the power of the Goddesses or Fairies, they're useless on their own. Arthur is a good example though.

Take Kuwabara as another example. On his own, he pales in comparison to the rest of his demon/half-demon team. But at least Togashi found a way to keep him relevant.

Not saying that Escanor and others having outside powers is an issue for me, I love it. I just miss the days when Gilthunder could fight alongside Mel and being a Holy Knight of the highest ranks like Hendrickson actually meant something.

7. Rakuyo

who knows for sure what could've happened without those special circumstances, maybe they'd still be top tier :catdankv4:

8. Lord Valgaav

Ban gets a maybe since the only power he gets from the Fairies is immortality. But he relies on it so heavily it'd be hard to imagine him fighting any high-top tiers without it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Sphyer

Right now, it's the power levels getting so high.

10. PureWIN

Catdank Faction:
    In all fairness, humans being irrelevant is an issue with this particular genre. All the other races are roughly human+:
    - Giants: giant fucking human
    - Goddess: divine/white mage human
    - Demons: evil/dark mage human
    - Fairies: insectoid / "loved by mana" human

In other series within the same genre you have
    - Dwarves: small humans
    - Elves: "loved by mana" human
    - Orc: beast human

So the only special ability humans have is just their ability to literally out breed every other race.

11. Taizai295

I’m fine with the DKs design but yes, his performance was embarrassing.

And the TCs going down so quickly is by far one of the worst things that nakaba has written in this series. Along with being forced to randomly introduce new villains (cusack and chandler) to replace the threat of the TCs

I hate the whole “this character is not at full power” or the whole “this characters power is sealed” bullshit. Meliodas is the biggest offender of this. Also, the way powerups are handled in this series is awful. King in an example of this.

Another thing I dislike: Merlin. I don’t think I need to explain this.

I agree with everything else.

12. Keishin

Meliodas (and Merlin), and Power Levels are three of the biggest bullshits in the series. The power creep in the series is incredibly horrible, something that shouldn't even happen; I don't mind certain characters like the Demon King or the Supreme Deity, but Mel is the biggest offender when it comes to overpowered characters.

It's also a lot of factors like the bullshit "The Sins are created to fight the Commandments!" or "Power Levels doesn't matter!", but the points that I made are the reasons why the series grinds my gears.

14. Yak

A problem with this series which has become increasingly present over the course of this final arc, if you will, is the sense that Nakaba is going about the peak of his series as if he was checking agenda points off a list. There is almost a feeling of "how many tropes and plot points can I still fit in this before it ends", for a lack of a better explanation.

He's good at writing epic fights but the build-up to a storyline closure isn't really his forte and never was, sadly. :/

15. baski

16. The World

>DK performance embarassing
    >literally pushed Meliodas, Ban and Wilds shit in for decades only by swinging his sword.
    >Still doesn't move an inch until the very end where only Ban manages to escape, Meliodas is still stuck in Purg and Wild dies.
    >DK is still only at half power.
    >He was literally fucking around with them for years allowing them to grow stronger
    >Ban only escapes because of a super hax technique no other Sin can do.

:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  17. Taizai295

Ended up being forced to his knees by fucking ban.
    Got pushed back by a fucking pig.
    Then got his arm destroyed by meliodas.

You don’t call this embarrassing?

18. The World

Thank you for glossing over everything I said

And it's almost like the main characters are actually attempting to overcome one of the final villains??? Who would have thought.

19. Pliskin

Merlin forgetting the literal Gods of the world gave her immunity to their powers.

'Whooopsie!'

20. Lord Valgaav

Forgot my powers tropes are always lame excuses for asspulls.

Made even worse when done on an intelligent character like Merlin.

21. The World

people still calling it immunity

:tiredpepe

22. xenos5

I feel as though this is just a part of a larger issue the manga has. There aren't any battles where the characters feel equal and when someone wins its by the skin of their teeth (extreme diff battles). It's either a complete stomp or one character goes from getting stomped to stomping in return after a powerup.

23. Lord Valgaav

This is true, and you've now brought in a new major issue. Looking back on it, even the battles that seemed even were as you say.

-Meliodas vs. TC(Mel very obviously could've stomped all of them, but because he wanted to wipe them out at once with Revenge Counter, chose to take the massive beating)
    -Estarossa vs. Escanor(Estarossa was on top till Escanor powered up and stomped)
    -Escanor vs. Sariel and Tarmiel(total stomp in his favor)

And others. Hmph, never thought of this.

24. Roadagain Retired Staff

I'm not sure about this one. He did get a chunky boost after dying, and without it, he likely couldn't. It's possible he wouldn't have access to AM at all, given his previous issues with using the demon mark prior to regaining his not-that-true power back, and his truest power is something he swore to never use, except when he actually DID.

25. BreadBoy

Meliodas brings out such irrational hatred within me. Just... whenever I look at his face, it reminds me of some shitty 8th grade kid with the DC caps and skater shorts that I just wanna deck in the face. He's the single most infuriating MC ever.

26. Lord Valgaav

You wanna talk infuriating? This kid single-handedly made his entire series pointless by EoS. Wasting literally everyone's time both in-verse and irl who read it.

27. ~VK~

I haven't read this in a good minute. What happened after ban left purgetory? Did he finally get his power up like literally everyone else? That niqqa was lagging so far behind the rest it was embarrasing.

28. Darkmatter

We don't know. The only thing we know is that he learned "Gift", in which he used it to give up his immortality to Elaine to stay alive.
    Otherwise for that, we don't know.

29. ~VK~

Damn so he's not even immortal anymore lmao.

30. Darkmatter

Yeah, he gave up the powers of Immortality to Elaine. Although it is implied by Mel that he did got powerful from being in Purgatory, we don't know how powerful he is.