1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What do people see in Hinata?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by argon, Nov 3, 2005.

1. argon

She knew that Naruto was an outcast, she knew that he was misunderstood, she say she understands him, she admires him, but she never really acted on any of it. I don't see where the Hinata fans come from, isn't that a pretty bastardly thing to do? Am I missing something?

Tags:
  2. Chatulio

She see naruto as her source of inspiration. They share some similarities, both are lOoked down upon one by the village the other by her clan. Naruto despite the hatred walks forward fighting for his dream. Hinata sees that as her inpiration so she strives to be like him and has developed an affection for him.

It just so happens that there personalities are opposites which make them a cute cupple :amuse

3. RockLee

She was too weak to defend herself, while Naruto did defend himself. That was her inspiration.

I have absolutely no idea what draws me to Hinata, she's just a magnet. :p

4. Bronwen

Well I suppose it could be worse. She could be killing her clan right now. Such a bastardly thing Hinata doing, not acting on wanting to befriend Naruto.

We like Hinata. Simply as that. I admire her perserverance to continue despite the fact that she thinks she's weak. I admire that she's the only one to see the Naruto before anyone else.

But I like Hinata NOT because of what she isn't or is doing with Naruto. It's her personality and her kindness. I dunno.

5. NarutoUzumaki

Oh yea man you are so right! I mean obviously, being too shy to talk to the boy you like is the worst thing anyone could ever do! I've been looking at hinata all wrong! I mean... NO ONE in the hisotry of this planet, in the hisotry of anime itself, has EVER been too shy to tell the opposite sex how they feel!! I mean i remember when I WAS the shy little 12 year old with an inferiority complex due to my parents (thats true...) I was going up to EVERYONE i admired and told them just how i felt!

Spoiler:
    She is the only person to see past the rumors and insults everyone said about naruto, TO naruto, and saw him for the good person he was. She gets her strength for him, and wants to change after seeing all the great things he managed to do. It is so inspireing to think of Hinata, someone who was all but shunned from her clan, shammed by her father, beaten to a pulp by her cousin, and yet she still went on because of Naruto, because he inspired her to change and do well. So what she was too shy to talk to him. Do you talk to every girl you have ever liked? If you have congrats, because im pretty sure there has always been atleast one person in everyone's life that they like and admire and adore, but dont say anything about it to them.

7. Kamendex

8. Yeko

9. hiko

So I take it you just missed all those frames in past chapters were Kishi has shown how intensely shy Hinata is (particularly when it comes to Naruto) then? :blink

10. Omolara

Just about every girl can identify with Hinata in some way. She's painfully shy, lacks confidence in herself, and her dad doesn't care. She's over-looked and un-appreciated. Yet, in spite of all that, she's not bitter. Not at all. She still tries to be encouraging to her teammates and tries to improve herself.
    That puts her way up there in my mind. In addition to those things, she is one of few people to truly see Naruto. To her he's not just some loud-mouthed hyperactive trouble maker. She sees underneath the underneath when it comes to him, and loves him for who he is.

Hinata has acknowledged him from the very beginning because he embodies all the things that she wishes she could be. The only only other people who truly acknowledged him and understood him were the Third, Iruka, Kakashi, and to a certain degree Sakura and Sasuke.

11. Marsala

It's not so much that Hinata is great, just that people really, really, REALLY hated Sakura in Part 1 and picked up a strong liking for Hinata as an alternative. If Sakura had been as cool then as she is now, Hinata wouldn't be any more popular than, say, Neji.

12. Low-fi Boy

The thing that pisses me off is after watching him leave the village and all that "I will do my best, too" and all that resolve and determination, she's still too shy too talk to him. After 2.5 years. Like, get over it ?.?

13. Elysium

Obviously, she was referring to her ninja abilities and improvement, which we can see it worked, as she's a chuunin. She said nothing about gaining enough courage to talk to Naruto or anything like that. ^^;

And hey, she's crushing on Naruto, hasn't seen him for 2.5 years, only to suddenly bump into him talking to her teammates. Naruto's all mature-looking and cool, as Sakura can attest to. Of course she'd freak out, blush and hide. And she was thinking MAYBE about telling him about her feelings... of course, Naruto then has to show up about 5cm away from her face, causing her to faint. ^^; It's quite in character of her, hehe.

14. Astranagun

i pity her...and some how she's grown on me.

15. Fox_Retainer

16. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    I bet if Naruto laid down some pipe work she'd snap outta all that shyness.

and the only reason i like her is because i HATE the whole Naruto x Sakura thing people seem to think will happen. delusional fools.

17. Pro

I dont know if its a joke or not but I see alot of posts about Hinata's body... so maybe thats one of the reasons why some people like her.

18. argon

So she can let Naruto be lonely, because she's shy, and that's why she is a likeable person?

19. Crush!

She's every nerd's dream girl. That's all there is to it. That's why she's so popular in Japan, too.

It's not deep or anything. There's one girl exactly like her in almost every anime, and definately in every romance anime.

20. Daniee

Same thing has been bugging me all day as well

21. Astranagun

22. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    if anyone here claims not to be a nerd/dork/geek then he/she falls under the category of liar.

23. Astranagun

Oh? really? then i'd rather be a liar cuz I dont dress, speak or act like a nerd/geek

24. Bronwen

:rofl, I suppose that nerdy girls falls under this category, that every nerdy girl's dream is to become Hinata or wants Hinata? XD

25. Mizura

I like Hinata because she was willing to push herself within 10 minutes of death just to change her inherently weak Nature. You rarely hear people even formulating the will to say "I must become less lazy" or "I must become less scared" or "I must become more confident". You even more rarely see people pushing themselves within 10 minutes of death to accomplish that.

Inner change is imo the hardest of all. And Hinata fought against her very weak nature. The way I see it, she truly was weak, within and without, but she clawed against her limits no matter how low they were. It was a change from all those characters who while perhaps physically weak, had bucket loads of inner strength to draw from.

That said, I couldn't be more annoyed by her dependence on and hero-worshipping of Naruto. :notrust It's good to draw strength from a source of inspiration, but where Naruto used to be her character development, it seems that he has since become her Lack of character development. For a 12 years-old rookie genin, her attitude was still acceptable, but imo it's unacceptable for a 15 years-old chuunin kunoichi. What's she going to do out in a mission, squeal loudly as soon as Naruto suddenly show up, then Faint? :mad

26. Crush!

Yup, all nerd girls like Hinata because they want to be swept off of their feet by a l33t ninja like Naruto. Hinata's basically a stereotype of what alot of anime fangirls would be like in real life.

And anyone who watches anime can be classified as a nerd. Even in Japan, people who watch anime over a certain age are classified as weird otaku and looked down upon. You don't have to dress or look the par to be the part, Astranagun. Hell, many nerds these days try NOT to dress like nerds to blend in even more. Doesn't mean they aren't nerds.

27. Mizura

Excuse me, not all Hinata fans are NaruHina fans. :oh

I like NejiHina because in that relationship, she won't be overshadowed by her male partner (she's shown clearly enough that she's willing to take a stand when it comes to confronting Neji when he's wrong), and she'd clearly be Clan Leader with Neji being her protector. I dislike NaruHina because I can only see Hinata as ending up as "the Hokage's wife". NaruHina can be described in many ways... "mature" or "equal partnership" are not one of them. >.>

28. Strider M

Hinata is absolutely awesome... Not because of what everyone else says... But it was the fact that she is a shy ninja.....

A SHY NINJA people!

I mean the fact that she's alive now is amazing... its obvious she got skills... and besides every other girl who liked Sasuke, Hinata was the one that like Naruto... For completely different reasons.

Really, Ever since the Neji/Hinata fight I'm waiting for Those two to do a Tag-combo Jyuuken(sp?) Fist Super Attack!

29. tofutofutofu

hinata is now sex-kitten, and that justifies everything

30. BushidoPunk

People see similarities in Hinata and themselves. I know she reminded me of myself in my younger years. I think she is striving to change and gain acknowledgement in front of the one she admires the most. This is what I like about her the most, plus she is such a unique character unlike the rest. There is no one else like her in the Naruto storyline, which makes her so cool.