1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

What do Stamina and Chakra have in common?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Modingbeli, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Modingbeli Ubik!

How exactly does drawing chakra work and what is it exactly?

From what we know, the human beings in Naruto have, on top of circulatory, muscular, and endocrine system, also a Chakra circulatory system.

There are two sets;
    -one draws chakra from organs(inner coils)
    -one expells chakra from the body(opening points)

Why are hands seals really used for if you already have chakra in your system? To bring it out from specific parts or in specific proportions? Maybe. There seems to be an infinite number of hand seals available.

Let's make a list of what we know about it:
    -We know that chakra constantly circulates in your body and leaks out from your body.[Ch. 187]
    -We've been told that the more stamina you have, the more chakra you can mold. Also that to do nin/gen-jutsu you need to mold you stamina to chakra.
    -If you run 100% of Chakra, you die. So that means you need chakra to live, like blood.

So what does stamina have to do with anything? My guess is that you need a certain amount of stamina to empty your body of it's Chakra. Of course what does stamina mean in the Naruto universe?

For distance runners, stamina resolves itself in terms of lactic acid threshold, heart rate, and VO2 max (Maximum volume of oxygen per milliter of your blood.) However, in Naruto, the term encompasses that plus how much chakra you can mold.

Naruto can draw out obscene amounts of Chakra from his own body due to his inborn stamina (genetic or comes from Kyubbi, take your pick) and the fact that he his always full of energy, is positive, and eats high carb foods!(RAMEN!) Yet, when he runs out of Chakra in his body, he converts his energy to more chakra. What the heck is that?

When you fight, you don't start with [x] amounts of chakra and [y] stamina. You can't measure stamina (in quantitative terms like i have 3000 stamina), as it's just your body ability to endure under stress. But you can give a quantitave rating for your body's endurense (the stamina ratings on the fact sheet.)

Does [0] stamina equal [0] chakra? You can recover Stamina and run around, but you can't recover Chakra in the same way.

Yet, why do they tell us that stamina directly affects how much Chakra we can mold? Is someone with crap stamina like Sakura still able to have tons of chakra (well no, they say she suck period)?

I know i may have contradicted myself or not made any correct points but what i really wanted to ask was:

1. Does stamina (in the naruto universe) mean all the energy in your muscles or simply your ability to sustain your current state of exertion.

2. When your inner coils are completely empty(ie. when sasuke fought Yoroi) you can still have stamina but it's useless if there's no more chakra. If this Curse Seals become useful, where do they draw out Chakra from? The void beyond the universe?

maybe i'm just an idiot who's hungry.

Tags:
  2. hyuganeji Member

hmm....in naruto universe stamina is something used to create chakra along with your spiritual energy. everybody in naruto is born with chakra it's just the fact of how to use it properly and effectively. chakra is made when you mix the stamina or i guess physical energy with your spiritual energy and convert it into chakra. the reason why lee only uses taijutsu is because he doesn't know how to create and mix his energies together. taijutsu doesn't require any chakra...only power. he chakra in a person's body in naruto are like veins that carry blood. they are linked together with the internal organs. if someone does not have any chakra remaining but lets out a curse seal...the curse seal just gives u physical power which is like stamina for the user to mix and create into chakra

3. Hiroshi Well-Known Member

Okay so...
    They are used to manipulate chakra to make jutsus/effects.

Well the chakra is forcefully taken out, making the chakra capacity increased.

I think that your stamia is reflective of you chakra. When your chakra reserves run out, so does your stamia. But you can still be alive, becasue you still have the chakra that keeps you alive..
    I'm thinking of the eight gates and how if you release those points then you get more chakra but more consequences kind of like that.

4. mootz GB's Salamander

why the hell you spamming messages for post counts:mad

5. ZerglingOne SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS

Every time I see one of these posts I send the OP directly to this link: Naruto Fan Manga Downloads

6. Kuru Samurai-Ninja Guy!

Yeah that pretty much sums it right up doesn't it? Saves me having to type up an explanation, thanks! :p

7. Random Nobody Alien Fighting

You need stamina to make chakra, how well you convert stamina to chakra is part of chakra control.

8. Kakuzu GB Imperator

They both have two a's.

9. Vergil Busy procrastinating

from the title I thought it was going to be a joke. where's the punchline?!

oops just read zabuzas post - thanks man :D

10. Wiser Guy You really wanna mess w/me?

Stamina is just half of Chakra. Pure and simple. Let me give you a link towards my first post on NF, The Origin of the Chakra Coil System Theory, containing more than you probably want to know about Chakra. For example, 1/5 of the first part of my theory:

Hey, I can plug my theories...When they're relevant to the topic...

11. Dre Hell Up

learn something new every day i guess.

12. jirochimaru I am the vengeance of Bane

Stamina is the tree while chakra is the fruit...and jutsu is the recipe.