1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think of the dub so far?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by DeathIsComing, Sep 24, 2005.

1. DeathIsComing Nobody loves me. awsome!

so far, the dub is really getting to amaze me. the translation is perfect, well, most of the time. the voice actings could be better, but hey, it's only episode 4. there'll be room for improvement.
    er, i'm more interested in wat you guys say. so how you people like the dub so far?

Tags:
  2. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

I think the dub is great. :) The translation is awesome and the voice acting is better than expected. I know a lot of people are probably not going to agree with that, but hey, to each his (or her) own.

<3

3. King Speed ●?●

itz going great, better than i could have hoped, if only one peice was dubed by viz...

4KIDS CAN BURN IN HELL!!!! or just stop ruining anime's. either one good by me.

4. Throes Sitting on a throne of Gods

Yay! Viz owns 4kids in the dubbing industry. Even though their uncut DVD releases are pretty lackluster, they still beat 4kids' non-existant uncut DVDs!

5. DeathIsComing Nobody loves me. awsome!

x_x...where are all the dub lovers?...
    viz beats 4kids by a long distance. the only "good" project i've seen 4kids worked on was pokemon.

6. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

I like the dub. But of course I will lord my superior knowledge over newbie Naruto fans for all it's worth... which is... three... dollars and... twenty-six... cents......

7. TenshiOni Active Member

The dub's gone far beyong my expectations. I'm lovin' it.

8. Sawako

It's WAY better than I expected.

9. genesisofire Official Breast Implant Tester

Still not an A+ but it's steadily rising. It will be an A+ if Maile improved over the next few episodes. If she can convinvingly show sorrow, pain, and seriousness, then it will be an A+. Then, if they showed the intros/outros, it would be an A++. ^_^

10. icoselitham Lost

With four commercial breaks how will they ever have the time to show even the entire episodes none the less the original intros/outros. Its all about the money.

11. RubyRawd New Member

I dont like the way they say the names, other than that its fine i guess.

12. Ardor The S rank assasin.

well you've got a non japanese speaking cast (mostly) trying to pronounce japanese words. they may not be doing in that well, with the exception of sasuke's VA who's doing a very good job with names because he happens to speak japanese already, but i can tell that they're trying. what im most pleased with is the translations. they're really paying attention to the meaning and context of every line and it's really paying off for them in my mind. now i do hope that the VAs can get over some of their stiffness. a lot of their lines are delivered flat but they're still trying to settle into their roles. i do have high hopes for them so im looking for them to get better pretty soon.

13. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

I have to say on the whole I'm pretty pleased and satisfied with what I've seen and heard so far.

Great job.

If I were to grade it I'd give it a B+ or an A-. Yeah A-.

14. ExAzrael Blue and Gold

Quoted for emphasis.

15. Jimbosan ChIdOrI

whats wrong with everyone? how do you accept that as good? im so dissapointed its not even funny.

16. Maleficent ∞tp

I think the dub is phenominal.

Voices are good, editing is minimal... overall excellent quality! :thumbs

[drools over uncut DVDs]

17. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Because we aren't delusional and elitist haterz.

18. hakke Bird in a cage...

You are so right... why would they keep the music score,ranks,names,japanese signs/kanjis unedited,cast voices that reflect the characters very close to the original(chouji is the exception so far), script 99% untouched, translated technique names that make sense,retouched art/animation that got old with time... jeebuz this sucks. please stop watching! It sucks... Believe it!:p

19. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

20. ArioNeko I Hate Dubtards

The Dub fails in meedting my expectations. I have stated 2 keys important to every dub and while Naruto executes #1 failry well and with some questionability the voice actign cast, Maile Flannigan in particular, fail to meet my expectations of #2. I will not compare the dub to the sub but even alone without another version to compare it to the dub fails. It does not meet expectations to be called good let alone great.

There is much room for improvment but it it stays as it is now I would have to rate it between One Piece and Shaman King as worst dubs ever.

As for the edits thats another story but I sorta expected it so never had high hopes for a Toonami airing and Adult Swim already said back in March they didn't want it.

21. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

Jimbo? Sorry, but please calm down. People are allowed to like the dub. Just because people like it doesn't mean they're bad people. So chill out and agree to disagree. Thank you.

<3

*Hugs you* - GK

*hugs back* <3 -Nah-nah

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  22. Jimbosan ChIdOrI

sorry nah nah, i just get a little upset sometimes. but i agree. maybe i was a little out of line. i just really hate the dub

You can express your dislikes a much better way. - GK

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  23. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

It's alright, and you're entitled to think that.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  24. Tigerchu Member

All on my own here so please don't flame me,

Naruto's voice actor: She's gotten better, though she could get more emotional. My biggest complaint is, I would prefer that she gets more high pitched, so that she sounds more like Jp. Naruto.

25. Dragonic_Ninja Anko fanboy

Well. Considering I've never watch subs.(My computer's screwed up.) I wouldn't know what the Japenese version was like. But I must say that from reading the manga and know a little bit about the original version from info from the net, then I give the dub an A.:)

26. Astranagun ...

it's good, I don't mind all the changes. you can't have everything...so why complain?

27. Otamoshi Fear the Barbecue Sauce!!!

THink the dub is going great...way better than I expected. SInce these guys are following up behind some phenomenal voice actors from the original anime, I was worried at first...but they delivered past my expectations. Is it gonna take some time getting used to? yep. BUt im definitely looking forward to it.

28. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

I just want to reiterate that the response toward the dub has been overwhelmingly positive.

I think that's what gets the goats of the haters and the purists most of all.

29. Panzer Kunst A Blizzard's Chorus

Again, I agree with the Vile One. The general response to the westernized Naruto has been great. Everything is lovingly transcribed with careful attention to detail while remaining sensitive the fans who already love the series. There are, of course, people with unbridled hatred toward the dub, and in many cases I suspect it's only because it seems to be "hip" to think like that nowadays. Sad stuff, really.

30. King Speed ●?●

i love the dub. What I don't understand is why the haters constantly complain... i mean the same people over and over again. I mean all of the negative naruto satements have been said, so why continue to fight a lost cause?