1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Attention:

From now on, all kinds of threads concerning the upcoming movie will be moved to the Telegrams, so make sure to post your threads there from the get to go.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think is the multiplier for SSG ?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by JayDZ3, Oct 9, 2018.

1. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we don't have any guidebook or anything for DBS so we have to headcanon this. What do you think it is?

Tags:
  2. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    Well...

The SSG ritual was > SSJ3 Potara in terms of an increase...

I sincerely doubt the form that Goku uses in the ToP at a fucking whim maintains that same size amp tho.

SSG Ritual form >>>>> Post Ritual SSG Transformed State as a multiplier is pretty obvious.

Tho at bare minimum i work with SSG being x10 SSJ3, and even then it could in fact be MUCH bigger.

Theres really no way to tell really. All we know is its 50x weaker than SSB, and is vaguely stronger than SSJ3, and SHOULD be weaker than when Goku gained it for the first time in BoG.

Aside from that, i have no idea.

Maybe the Broly movie will shine some light on it? Like when vegeta transforms into it someone could say "Wow! vegetas energy is off the charts compared to before! Hes hundreds of times stronger than when he was just a Super Saiyan!"

Then wed know SSG is like SSJ1 x 200 or something

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

This you my man?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    Whats a yen?

5. JayDZ3 Well-Known Member

6. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

About .0001 of a dollar.

7. Fang Titan

We don't know and we probably never will. From actual character statements and the older daizenshuus, normal Super Saiyan alone is an order of multiplication of several "tens of times" over. If the old claims are true it supposedly goes like this:

Base = Normal
    Super Saiyan = 50x
    Super Saiyan 2 = 2x Super Saiyan/100x Normal
    Super Saiyan 3 = 4x Super Saiyan 2/400x Normal

Though the info I've read from Kaizenshuu's site CLAIMS the exact wording is "strength" not Ki or power.

GT Perfect File databook claims also the reason why in the anime Goku so often would arbitarily not use Super Saiyan 2 was because the "boost" was not significant enough from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 which is why he would constantly jump from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 3. But take that with a grain of salt. Now there is "that" interview that had Toriyama saying Super Saiyan was how he viewed it to be only a "10x" boost but that would make no sense when Kaioken x20 Goku wasn't hacking it even against a Final Form Freeza who was admitting to using LESS than even half of his full power. So at its face, 10x for Super Saiyan makes zero sense.

More context:

We also know in the Buu Saga, Base Vegito was stated to be equal or superior to Super Saiyan 3 Goku. He immediately goes Super Saiyan against Super Buu (Ultimate Gohan absorbed) before fighting him.

As for Super Saiyan God, nothing is said. Though I assume Super Saiyan Blue/Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan would be 50x stronger than Super Saiyan God because both use God Ki but one is adding the Super Saiyan transformation into it and the mechanics would still stay the same.

8. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    I know
    I meant this lol

9. Etherborn Cosmic Impulse

Sokovia
    The thing about SSG is it's tied to a saiyan's base power since it's independent of the SSJ transformation line, at least until SSB is used.

I personally don't think of it as a multiplier—it can't be from an in universe perspective, at least not a consistent one. I think of it as an additive well of god ki, the quantity of which can be increased with training. This would explain why it was so strong initially, why it wasn't used again for a while after that, and also why it was made relevant again even after the base form got amped to god tier. Its energy grows with the user.

The initial transformation would have been overwhelmingly powerful compared to Z era. Once the saiyan base got amped to that level, the form didn't disappear, it simply became obsolete for a while because even though it would have gotten an increase itself, since its strength is additive, it wouldn't have been a big enough one for the form to compete with even the 50x boost of the SSJ transformation.

So for example, during RoF, its boost was probably enough to still make Goku (or Vegeta) at least ten times stronger than in base. Not enough to be a viable transformation on its own, but enough so that a 50x multiplier on top of that in the form of Super Saiyan Blue would still beat out SSJ3 in both power and ki efficiency. This would also solve the dilemma of Golden Freeza being a supposedly massive multiplier, since that didn't seem to be the case during the ToP. It was just as big a multiplier as SSB was from base at that point, it's just neither were as large as we thought: at least a 500x boost, but not much more than that.

From there, the form would have continued to grow as the saiyans trained and battled with their god ki. They both would have been pushing the form's limits in the U6 and Future Trunks arcs, which not only made SSB that much stronger, but also eventually made SSG a viable option again by the time of the ToP. That additive well of energy would have grown from the equivalent of a 10x boost to that of a 1000x boost, so that it now beat out SSJ3 itself. This also had the result of once again making SSB that much stronger, now a 50,000x boost or so, which was strength they were going to be needing against Jiren, and then some.

It's hard to deny the use of retcons at this stage, but this is how I try to rationalize everything.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. redrum the forsaken

initial ssjg's multiplier is absolutely stupid

he was > vegito at his peak and the difference isn't small either

now that its been relegated to a standard form, one that is between ssj3 and ssjb in power

uhh, i can see it being like 3 or 4x stronger than ssj3

so...

ssj3 - 800x base

ssjg- 2,400/3,200x base

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. MShadows Deathbat

The initial SSG from the ritual eclipsed even SSJ3 Vegetto (whose base was already stronger than SSJ3 Goku, mind you), and it kept growing stronger as the fight against Beerus drew out.

ToP SSG I'd say is 10x SSJ3.

12. James Bond Name's Wolf, Werewolf

Sweden
    Ssj2 is 2x stronger and ssj3 is 4x ssj2 so ssjg could be 8x stronger than ssj3 then ssjb would be 16x stronger than ssjg ? :kanyeshrug

13. CaptainCommanderRenji Well-Known Member

Not a multiplier. If they did the ritual now for Gohan he wouldn't be thousands of times stronger. Adding a bit of God Ki doesn't make that much of a difference if you are already strong on your own.

• Neutral Neutral x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

God ki is just another form of energy, its not a multiplier. It just seems to be insanely more potent. If Beerus started using regular Ki, it wouldn't be considered a multiplier for him.

15. PFM18 Member

I have it as 20,000x SSJ3 or 8 million times Base from the ritual.

Post-ritual I only have a couple times stronger than SSJ3

16. Snake Well-Known Member

At this point, who cares? Everything powerlevel wise is completely inconsistent.

17. xmysticgohanx Zoro > Law

Mexico
    Catdank Faction:
    In the ToP, either 2x or 8x SSJ3

18. Montanz Lives under a rock

19. PureWIN Mr. Prince

It's all relative. Before introducing God Ki to Goku's body it was probably 32,000x (based on the logic that SSJ3 Vegetto is at least 400x stronger than SSJ3 Goku). But now that Goku's body has adapted to God Ki and he can use it in base, the form itself is probably just a standard 800x multiplier or something.

20. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I disagree with the God ki doesn't make a difference, if Gohan had done the ssg as of right now imagine his ultimate form after his ssg form?:wha

21. CaptainCommanderRenji Well-Known Member

I didn't say it doesn't make a difference. I said it doesn't make that much of a difference. If SSJ3 Goku was 1 and after the ritual he was 1000. SSB tier Gohan is now 10 000 and after the ritual he would be 20 000. Percentage vice not as great of an increase as Goku had. Of course these are just example numbers.