1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of hackers?

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by [I am teh Haruka], Jun 15, 2005.

1. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

So... my computer got hacked last night. Some guy changed the password to our SBC yahoo. But luckily, my dad was able to call them and they worked things out.

Today, I installed Zone Alarm (free one) to protect my computer, it seems to work just fine.

Personally, I dislike hackers. I mean, it may seem "cool" to some but to me I just don't really care.

So my question to you is, do you like hackers? Why or why not? Or are you a hacker?

Tags:
  2. Liengod sur le fil

Hackers hack because they want to get to information because people don't want them too high class hackers atleast who have hacked the government and what not and they basically hack out of curiousity. I've never been hacked because I have one of the newest PCs on the market and I frequently reformat to avoid viruses.

I don't really care about hackers basically.

3. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

Anyways! I never really cared for hackers either, until last night. I still don't care too much anyway.

4. Liengod sur le fil

Ya, usually if you do get hacked its easily eradicated unless you need to get a new computer then I can see how it would be really frusturating, but then there are people who say they get hacked when it is really just a virus and if you get a virus easily and you're virus protection didn't save you it means time for new software or for even a new computer anyway. ^.^

5. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

My dad was gonna get a new computer JUST for himself (cause my brother and I seem to mess it this one up a lot. =_=)

But today was the last day for the offer, so yeah. I dunno what he did about it though.

6. Marl Now with added S? Engine!

Hackers are fine, as long as they stick to uncovering data the government wants to keep secret. When they start getting malicious - that's something else.

+++Edit+++
    Afterthought - they need to find a better hobby. :p

7. martimus Expert At Stating The Obvious

they are 2 types of hackers crackers as they call themselves hack programs and find there weakspots and tell the companys about them hackers basiccly just hack you for information or much more likely for a laugh so thats why i have a lot of programs on my computer that helps protect against hackers and basiccly i dont mind about hackers cause i dont have any persanol information on my pc but i would love to learn to hack

8. vmyk13 konoha's jounin master chef

people who lacks courage to get a real job.
    do something good for their expertise earn hard earned cash for their GOOD work.

9. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

You don't have ANY personal information on the computer? I think not!

If you go to Ebay or buy stuff online, your information stays so you don't have to type it all again. Even if you can't see it, it's still there... somewhere.

And what about passwords? They can look into your passwords, that's what the hacker did last night to me.

10. Liengod sur le fil

I thought someone hacked my MSN Messenger account once. It was really my friends Mary and Jaime >.>

11. Aruarian Well-Known Member

I despise hackers, personally. Especially the kind who go into stuff like passwords for IM-accounts. They need to get a life, instead of ruining those of others.

12. narutorulez Active Member

13. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

That's funny.

I thought someone hacked into my MSN messenger one day too cause it kept logging me out and told me I logged into another computer. So I changed the password.

^_^;

Plus, my friends don't know how to hack... they don't spend much time on the computer, so yeah.

14. vmyk13 konoha's jounin master chef

i agree with you dude.
    i think hackers dont have a social life thats why they love them computers
    hmmm

15. Liengod sur le fil

XD They did the whole, secret question thing. And somehow they knew it it was probably Jaime because we went out for like 4 months, but then I got my password back and changed the secret question question to something making fun of them I forget, I lolled when they got mad.

16. Raistlin-sama Have you been naughty or nice?

sorry, but theres a big diffence there: All hackers are computer nerds, but not all computer nerds are hackers

Personaly i don't care much about hackers, since they never really bothered me... The only kind of hacker i really don't like is those who does it just to destroy things

17. rickybuch NoNameHere

I didnt read all the posts in this topic so this might've already been said but...
    You're thinking of a cracker, not a hacker. Crackers hack into computers maliciously, without reason, just to destroy/steal info/make your life miserable ect ect. But a true hacker (like myself) is not a freakin moron and hacks to help people, to find bugs in programs (a lot of hackers are beta testers) and patch holes in your PC so you WONT get hacked. Yah :smile-big Just letting you know, don't be prejeduice <--- severe typo XD :p

18. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

Wow...

19. Triggenism Aspiring Debater

They probably dont want to be evil if you havent pissed them off before, they just want to show their 1337 skillz!

It was a dude from my country who hacked into NASA!!

Friggin respect!

20. rickybuch NoNameHere

Thats some crazy 1337 skills to hack NASA... what country are you from ?!?!? :blink

21. Aruarian Well-Known Member

Well yeah, that's true. Some hackers do hack to make the lives of others easier, and that's the only good type of hacker, and one that should be thanked, in my opinion.

22. [I am teh Haruka] Hey, Jimmy!

23. Triggenism Aspiring Debater

lol, it wasnt me who hacked the NASA. It was some 16 year old who hacked NASA at his school.. lol

24. ۩ReYmДN-dono۩ ۩ N/A۩

25. Onijai "Ero-sennin~!!"

You guys have completely the wrong idea. Your so called "hackers" are probably people, most likely some kid who got bored then, just picked up a brute-force program from some website and used it against you. In that case, they'd be referred to as "crackers" anyway. They basically type in all the different combinations, based on dictionaries or symbol maps, that the password could be till it gets it right, there are other types, but I won't go into it.

"Hackers" are just programmers, essentially. As someone already said, their job is to find flaws in the programming of other people and exploit them - to then report back to the company/other programmers to fix it.

The idea of "hackers" has been totally blown up out of proportion by the media and Hollywood.

26. royalguardx DIPSET!!!all day

i kinda don't really care about hackers...if they try to hack me...on my shiet i'll do the same and find out where they live and whoop they ass...haha lol...(i'm sorta of a hacker but i'm a good one that doesn't do it for fun or work) and also i don't really know much hacking techniques.

27. Zerolok sup, beatbox

Malicious hackers are often just retards using canned "hacking" programs or sending viruses created by other fools. The real hackers are those that expose flaws in security to protect against the retards.

28. Brant Kogasu General of the darkfire army

I hate hackers. I hate spyware, viruses and hackers. why do people do it? because people have no respect for anyone but themselves, they are so selfish that they will send out things that can take away someones privacy and ruin one of the most important parts of modern day society in america, our computers. I recently had to F disk my computer, and it pisses me off that i had to. but the worst part is how as soon as I brought my comp back up, i went on the internet to narutofan, hotmail, loserz (Online comic) and homestar and I already had spyware. THOSE SITES ARE RESPECTABLE, NO BODY SHOULD SEND VIRUSES TO UNDESERVING PEOPLE. If you are a hacker or make viruses and spyware I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL YOU DISCUSTING EXCUSE FOR SLIME, IF I COULD I WOULD PERSONALLY KICK ALL OF YOUR ASSES SO YOU COULD GET WHAT HAS BEEN COMING TO YOU!!!!

29. DOK Butt pirate

cuz if it does, im a hacker!

30. Nihonjin Skeptic

You said EXACTLY what I was about to say. :oh

Most people hate hackers because of one bad experiance they had with them...Imo its stupid.

If an american walks up your door step, rings your bell and shoots you in the kneecap for no reason you probably wouldn't say "I HATE AMERICANS" simply because the guy is American (or you'd be a racist O_o)...

You'd probably say: "I HATE THE PSYCHO WHO SHOT ME IN THE KNEE FOR KNOW REASON WHAT SO EVER".

But seeing as most people don't even know the word "hacking" isn't necessarely bad...they asume all hackers create trojans/virusses, and hack passwords.
    And hate them for that reason..