1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

What exactly is Itachis weakness?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Zimeon, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Zimeon The Shinobi of War..

The question is multifaceted.

Like his sharingan is so evolved that even if you are 3x as fast as him it does not matter because he already knows your attacks before you launch(as seen in the VOTE figt, Naruto is in One Tail mode, he is like 3-4x times faster than Sasuke and if he did not have the premonition from the Sharingan he would have been beaten to the ground)

Itachis hand seal speed is probably the fastest in the Narutoverse, so beating him with Nin Jutsus is probably hard, and his Sharingan can probably copy most of your Nin Jutsus anyway, so he can your trump card

Then we have Mangekyou Sharingan, Tsukuyomi a Genjutsu who is applied through eye contact, and is finished in 1 second(is there a range for this, like 5 meters or seomthing?) or could he like snipe people from long distances with it. Amaterasu burns through mostly everything, and burns for a long time.

The question is, if he has no weaknesses from Taijustsu, Ninjutsu or Genjutsu.
    He is in my opinion a very boring character who brings little to nothing to the overall plot.

Tags:
  2. Mouten one batch

Good question, we have yet to see a weakness.

3. Genesis Active Member

Itachi has shown signs of weaknesses. He refused to fight a Jiraiya, reason enough to believe that he's not confident that he can beat him. The fact that the MS is messing up his eyes slowly. His normal genjutsu is nothing special and is just of a high level like that of Kurenai's. You can't assume anything about his ninjutsu since Oro clealry has a better aresnal and we've yet to see other characters display how good they are at hand seals such as AL, unknown member, Tobi and Zetsu. The thing that makes him deadly is MS and that also drains his chakra largely.

His weaknesses haven't been defined clearly because Sasuke is yet to have his final confrontation with him. In that battle you'll clearly see that Itachi isn't as uber as people make him out to be.

4. Woozie Active Member

He doesn't have one. Itachi can pretty much only be killed by another Uchiha genius.

5. chauronity ビリーバット

Elemental ninjutsu perhaps? That's uncopyable if you dont know the element, so it's kind of anti-sharingan move - if you have not mastered all the 5 elements.

Long range fighters could also be his weakness, cos then he wont be able to use his trumpcard - the ms sharingan. That and that there's nothing to predict, except needles or weapons and traps.

6. The Uchiha Wrath Harmless spectator

Being killed by another Uchiha?

7. Rikudou God of Logic

Indeed he does not have any weaknesses, but he and his jutsu are still 'only' S-ranked.
    Naruto's new jutsu will push that barrier.

8. chauronity ビリーバット

^ i think that his tsukuyomi or amaterasu or the 3rd ms jutsu would be classified as "sss-rank ninjutsu" (if that'd exist) i presume. Something equal to deathgod ... as rare and insanely powerful.

Even a jutsu gatherier like jiraiya had never heard of it and was stunningly impressed about its efficiency

9. Rikudou God of Logic

As far as I'm concerned, you can think a whole different parallel world, but databook says Ametareasu is S-rank, so it's S-rank, no matter what you think. :p

10. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Gai is Itachi's only weakness.

11. chauronity ビリーバット

Yes but i meant that it's clearly in amongst the upper levels of S-rank jutsus. But i think you got it already :p

Anyways, speed or actually lack of time to react or counter the jutsu is what can be his weakness. You'll have to kill him with one blow.

12. Woozie Active Member

^ I don't think the new wind rasengan will get any higher than S-rank in the databook either.

13. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

Using the MK uses alot of chakra. It's almost as draining as Kakashi with the regular sharingan. (Itachi uses Tsukiyomi and Amaretus in one day... and he has to retreat from Jiraya)

If you keep throwing ninjas at him... you can only hope he gets tired.

14. Goodfellow .

he is weak against point and sharp stabbing objects. teh edn.

15. B.o.t.i Active Member

^^If he forms it with kyuubi chakra then kazengan is way past s-rank >>
    s-rank just seem to mean an unseen jutsu.

16. martryn Dick in hand

Lack of stamina and use of self-damaging techniques? I mean, he's a powerful ninja, and most of the powerful ninjas don't have weaknesses. You can ask what is Kakashi's weakness, as I think that's just as applicable a question, or what Tsunade (now that she's over blood) or Jiraiya and what their weaknesses are.

17. ANBUBooBoo Patron Saint of Cannon Fodder

If Gai opened some gates, he'd most likely be so fast Itachi couldn't keep up. On top of that he's the creator of a fighting style specifically designed to combat the sharingan.

I'd say Gai definately has a chance. But Itachi knows this, and you can be sure that he wouldn't make the mistake of underestimating him.

As for actual weaknesses, Itachi is more of a one-on-one fighter. Nearly every one of his techniques is focused to one target. A team of a few talented ninja attacking in unison could take him down, and kage bushin would be a good technique against him in general.

18. Mouten one batch

:huh

Itachi is a beast, he used Kage Bunshin and MS three times in a day.
    He was selected as the best person for Shoten jutsu after Kisame.

The MS is self-damaging? I wouldn't know about that, databook didn't say.

19. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

yes because s-rank is the higher u can get. So Amaterasu should be way higher then.

The isnt such thing as a sannin-rank or something in the databook.

20. Rikudou God of Logic

I understood what you were trying to say, just fucking with ya :p , but I'm just saying that Naruto, Sasuke and AL are going to introduce a new breed of jutsu that will simple outclass all others. Kakashi already hinted this.

The thing is: when you think of it, this isn't a weakness, it's an absence of advantage. Every other ninja has this same problem. That's the only part sharingan doesn't cover (your own body speed).
    One could say that his only weakness is using self-damaging, risky and drainy techniques.
    What if he Ametarasu'd one of those mizu bunshin that he was fooled with by Kakashi?

21. dregoth Cooking Genius

Itachi's weakness is....he doesn't have some kind of immortality.

As far as I'm concerned Amaterasu is not ranked. So you posted BS. :amuse

22. Woozie Active Member

Yup, the thing is that sharingan users are all the most well-rounded when it comes to ninja skills. They don't have any weaknesses, but they still do have their limits.

The difference is that Uchihas can raise this limits beoynd other ninjas when the need arises.

Exactly.

23. Zimeon The Shinobi of War..

Ok here comes my theory!!

Since Itachis MS uses atleast a little time, like Tsukuyomi. If for example Gai and Kakashi fought him at the same time then by physicql rules he would be beaten quite easily, heres the reason why, the moment he achieves MS they would both attack, since both Gai and Kakashi are speed demons Itachi could only acheive firing one Tsukuyomi and the other could cut of his head or knock him unconcius.

If there is a range to his Tsukuyomi, like for example 5 meters, someone like Jiraya and Orochimaru would be his worst opponents because they are both jutsu freaks, and could attack him at distance, and even summoning.

Of course this would lead Yondaime as his worst opponent too as, there is no reaction to Shunsin no jutsu/Hirashin then he could just stay away and the moment Itachi activates the MS he could just slit his throat with Hirashin.

This would be my in my opinion, how too beat him.

(Or just trick him two or three times with kagebunshins, like if he uses Tsukuyomi on two and Amaterasu on the third, he would be probably drained of chakra, and then there would be just taking him over the lap and give him a good spanking)

24. Tsak kimimaro Avatar of Balthazar

^ i see what your saying but itachi has yet to show his true power he hasnt been fighting all out for his life its mostly been i fight i leave..
    itachi could be much more faster then what we have seen and it is pretty dang fast already
    also take in note that sharinghan works on taijutsu its just u need the speed to match it which itachi has now gai's plan of only looking at the feet is a good strategy but it could be bad also in the actual fighting if he only look at foot movements then what about his upper body movements?
    im saying that we havent seen itachi go all out we only seen him fighting around 3 times and 2 were in the same day while the other was in 30% chakra

25. Snickers Peanuts in your privates

Neji is the narutal enemy of Itachi

26. Dr.Douchebag Terry Wrist

i think mostly lack of chakra to carry out MS based attacks

27. oronisi ...

Sasuke. End of story.

28. Genesis Active Member

Sephiroth, Jin, Ryu, Golden Byakugam, Destructor Sharingan, KN1000, Arnie.................

29. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Quote for truth.

30. blue fox Kage Bushin no Jutsu!

Itachi's weakness is his CHAKRA STAMINA.

Hence the reason he ran from Jiraiya. After using the Mangekyou on Sasuke, he had wasted at least 30% of his chakra. He realized fighting Jiraiya would not be that great of an idea. Then Jiraiya used Toad Stomach summon, forcing Itachi to use another 30% of his chakra with Amataseru. Then he was VERY serious about running away from Jiraiya.

We know his chakra stamina is very low because when he and Kisame were using Shouten no jutsu, Kisame had such a gigantic chakra caliber he could pull off serious jutsu against team Gai. Itachi on the other hand could only use a regular genjutsu on Naruto, and a Katon fireball. Kakashi realized Itachi could not use Mangekyou for some reason (we found out it was Shouten no jutsu), and Itachi didnt deny it.

No matter how much of a protegy and how strong he is in battle (which is VERY fucking strong...age to power, he is the stongest bar none), he COULD be fucked by Jiraiya or Naruto (...or Sasuke) because they have gigantic chakras. All Jiraiya has todo is close his eyes (to protect himself from Mangekyou) and start using huge jutsus such as Toad Stomach, Underworld Swamp, Gamabunta, Kagebushin Rasengans (no reason to suspect he cant do that), etc. Itachi would be FORCED into copying them back at Jiraiya instead of attacking Jiraiya how he wants. The same applys to lesser extents for Naruto and Sasuke, because they both have gigantic chakra bases too.

Anyone want to try to refute this?