1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What happens when you die in Soul Society?

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by mr_shadow, Aug 8, 2005.

1. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden
    Ive only seen the anime, so maybe this is explained in the manga somewhere, but anyway:

If you are killed in Soul Society, where does your soul go? I mean, all the people there are already dead! Are they like reborn on earth or something, so they have to go throug the cycle again?

Tags:
  2. Jones

your soul just disappears all together. there is no coming back when you die in soul society.

3. TDM

So you completely cease to exist?

4. The 21st Hokage

Wow then Ep 41-42:
    Spoiler:
    Ganju dodged a big bullet that time.

5. Jones

thats what i think i remember in a episode oro somthing of the sort. that would also be the only logical answer.

6. Axass

Actually it was never explained. There's a chance that you cease to exist but there's also a chance that you go somewhere else or that you're being reincarnated.

7. General Shino

its like the real heaven there... unexplained

some people probably believe in higher religions some believe in reincarnation, u can think of soul society as earth and earth as like a pre soul society

8. Tsukiyomi

I seem to remember a speech about souls going back and forth between soul society and the human world to maintain a balance between the two. If dying in soul society meant the souls ceased to exist, then the Shinigami should be doing everything in their power to ensure no souls in soul society die, otherwise the balance could be thrown off.

Obviously this is not the case, the Shinigami don't seem to give a shit whats going on outside the court of pure souls.

9. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden
    Yea, i remeber that speech too. Now the Quincys attacks DO destroy a soul compleatly, and thats why the Shinigami are pissed at them. Cuz the idea is that should be as many living souls are there are dead (Hollows included)

10. Potentialflip

This has been explained in the manga. So if you want to know just PM me cause don't know if original poster wants to use spoiler tags. Just letting you know it has been official and it is known what happens to someone when they die in SS.

11. azn_sephiroth

Fuck am i the only that thought you can't die in soul society....heh oh well...I'm quite a noob to this anime anyways.

12. monk3

they have not yet explained. my theory is that they completely disappear. like a quincy effect

13. Axass

No it wasn't explained at all. All we know is that Quincy completely destroy a soul. So what? We don't know exactly where they end up (if they end up somewhere at all), neither do the Shinigami. For all we know there may be a thing similar to SS unknown to the Shinigami, exactly like they are unknown to humans.

14. Code

this

Appearnatly Aizen seem's think that after you die, you go to another world from which it is impossible to return from. But it could be probably his personal belief... and well his words might possibly be questionable...

15. stormrunner

This doesn't explain nothing you have to read beyond this point to after itchigo is finished with his ban-kai training. Not only might you be surprised, but you will most likely understand how the pieces fits together.

16. Code

I've read beyond that point and I do know what happens. It seems that Aizen believes that you go to another world you return from, and Hinamori doesn't seem to disagree with that or anything.

Spoiler:
    Even given future circumstances, that still doesn't invalidate the fact that the belief is that you go to another world you can't return from.

17. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden
    So, is this gonna happen anytime soon in the anime?

18. Phancy Pants

Ceasing to exist because you died in Soul Society would not make much sense. A place where they battle hollows and put themselves on the line. They are dedicated to fighting with such high risks. But at the same time, I doubt there is a higher power. It's never mentioned, and no one ever talks in awe about it. I'd say reincarnation is the best bet.

19. DevilB0i

Seem like if your a shinigami you cant really die.

20. Potentialflip

Spoiler: Forgot what chapter but this has been mentioned
    Kenpachi and Yumichika did say that souls that died in SS are reincarnated back into earth with no memories of their previous lives.

21. Angelush

^i think i remember reading sumthing like that was well~

22. stormrunner

i believe that it was somewhere in this climaxtic ending that it was said that the dead go to heaven, or at least it was what i concluded. And since we have a hell we must have a heaven and since heaven is supposed to be a utopia (no poverty or stealing or anything bad generally speaking) then i doubt that SS is heaven since we have this here. I think that heaven works as a pitstop before heaven so that those that have lead a good life proceed to heaven while those that haven't get a second chance in the form of reincarnation.

23. Sunh3h3

If that's true, does anyone think that Ichigo might be the reincarnation of Shiba Kaien? lol...just a crazy theory that popped up in my mind.

24. garouga

People get reincarnated in the real world when they die in SS. There needs to be a balance of souls, as demonstrated by the hourglass thingy in an earlier episode.

25. kumagoro_usagi

Can you have kids in the ss? I asked this in a previous thread and it wasn't really answered.

26. bobo

I think they cease to exist when killed in Soul Society. The ones that have died never returned in any shape or form. The previous captain that Kenpachi killed never was heard from again or when Aizen "died" everyone was sadden because they will never see him again.

27. r0ck1ee

Well, I don't know how to make those cool buttons, so I am just gonna write this in white and make a big warning.

ZOMG SPOILERZ AHEAD!!!!1

Well, during Kenpachi's fight with Tousen and the big fox guy, the big fox (his name escapes me atm) asks Kenpachi if he is ready to play his favorite game of "Carnage". Kenpachi responds "That sounds good!I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy this! Even if we die, we'll just change a little... and then we will be able to fight again!" So, based on Kenpachi's statement it seems that their is another form of an afterlife when one's soul is destroyed.

28. Ah B

They are not discussing just about shinigami. How about those kids or people in the poorer areas of Soul Society (can't remember the name, but the place outside the court) that are starving BECAUSE they have spiritual energy (and the ability to become a shinigami). They can't really scrounge for food, so some of them probably die off without a shinigami ever knowing their existence.

29. DaKeR

IMO when you die in Soul Society there is when you really die

30. Zangetsu59

You need to see the first bleach movie, Memories of Nobody. Urahara clearly stsates that there is a string of souls i.e. the circle of life. Thus the souls that die in SS are reincarnated without there memories.