1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

"What If U7 Saiyans Follow Separate Evolutions?"

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Broly, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Broly The Almighty Saiyan

Well, this is the title chosen by a fan who made this:

Vegeta- Super Saiyan Blue Evolution

Goku - Ultra Instinct

Gotenks - Master of Fusion

Broly- Oozaru Contained (Ikari with Tail)

Gohan - Super Saiyan Rose (Continued training with Shin on World Core, birthplace of the Kaioshin)
    Here's the !
    ------------------------
    The idea of Gohan attaining SSJ Rosé after hard training with Shin in the world of Kaioshins got me interested! U7 Saiyans having different transformation trajectories seems quite appealing and innovative. Do you think AT will take or IS already taking this route by introducing UI for Goku and "Wrathful" for Broly? Feel free to share your viewpoints guys!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. MShadows Deathbat

Too bad Toriyama doesn't want anything to do with SSB evolutions. Vegeta got SSBE in the anime, and a similar version in the manga as well (which means that him getting a new form of sorts was in the outline) but they're no where to be seen in the movie. Bullshit!

As for Gohan... while I love Rose, I feel like it should be left alone. Have it remain Goku Black's awesome unique transformation and one of the things that made us love him.
    We already have almost all the possible hair colors, so seeing Gohan's Ultimate state is refreshing imo. He jumped to SSB tier and beyond in it, if it ever calls for it, he could reach UI levels in it as well.

Regarding Goku's UI. I dislike the fact that it's just a deus ex machina that pops up at the very last moment. And now it's not even accessible anymore after all the hype we got of Goku mastering it... Why? Because it allows Goku to surpass Beerus and we can't have the catman wank stopping just yet.
    Anyway, I think having them change UI into a transformation for Goku was a bad idea. UI was originally a technique, or rather state of mind of sorts. A true mastery of it should allow Goku to use this fighting style at any moment, in any form. And logically, that should be Goku's end goal regarding UI.

Poor Gotenks is only used as fanservice for gag scenes nowadays... which is such a shame since the character was incredibly strong and had an awesome moveset back in DBZ. Dunno if any of you have read DBM, but it brings up the idea of Fusion Dance mastery, which grants things such as instant fusing without the need of setting up poses and no cooldown time after defusing which lets you refuse right away. Who knows, maybe Gotenks's insane potential could've allowed him to even unlock a brand new SSJ form.

Broly however has had a very interesting foundation laid for his future transformation tree. Going back to the Oozaru roots but with a twist. His Ikari form is hands down one of the best forms ever in the entire DB franchise! One very interesting detail many might have slipped (I think it was mentioned in the novel) is that Broly's tail will likely grow back. How that will affect his Ikari and all subsequent forms can be anyone's guess, but they could be building him up for a unique and reimagined canon "SSJ4" transformation.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Broly The Almighty Saiyan

Wow, that's an important point to know! Cipher mentioned something along those lines in one of his tweets:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Broly The Almighty Saiyan

Indeed, the introduction of Rosé for Goku Black supports in itself the fact that AT is going for U7 Saiyan having different transformations from now on. Since UI was introduced as Goku's end goal, it's pretty obvious Vegeta will also get a style/technique/form that is unique to him. Hopefully that will be the key to take El Cabron down.

5. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

Ssjr doesn't fit Gohan either blanco or something that's a mixture of ssj2 and mystic

6. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

United States
    It's not a different line they're just more evolved due to circumstance. Its implied U7 has a higher level than U6 in general. Freiza being so much more powerful and cunning than Frost forced the Saiyans to become more powerful, Broly is vastly more powerful than Kale, Earth survived in U7, etc.

7. MShadows Deathbat

Tbh, I don't think Vegeta will ever get a real "technique". Be it Toriyama's fault or whomever, but whenever he's given something new it's just a bigger, stronger named ki blast. It's very stupid when you think about how much more diverse Goku's arsenal is in comparison to his.

8. PFM18 Well-Known Member

I love SSBE, it's a shame it isn't in the movie IMO

9. Millón Vasto Damn, I'm even thiccer then Jiren!

Toriyama doesnt give a fuck about all those transformations. To him the goal is to make blue as strong as possible.

However since toei has thier own ideas.

I want the following to happen.

Gohan: Continue with the new mysticform. The goal of mystic was supposed to bring out latent power.

Have him make anger be a permanent trigger allowing him to use a portion of that bottomless limitless potential as a way to continously power up if he is angry enough as mid zenkais. Its regulated. Since its not pure unrestricted anger. The mid battle rage boosts are smaller. But he gets to keep his gains.

Vegeta: have him continue evolving blue. Give him precog to combat mui. Something like the blues calm state, allows for calmer and higher brain functions.

Goku: Have him use the control of blue to cooldown the heat and make a hybrid form.

Goten and trunks: mastery of fusion. Absurd multiplier. Timelimit restrainte drastically dealt with. More unique atracks.

10. MShadows Deathbat

So basically give Vegeta the Spider Sense?

:ramsaythunk

11. Millón Vasto Damn, I'm even thiccer then Jiren!

12. The Saiyan Prince Vegeta Well-Known Member

I would love for each Saiyan to have a unique form, but as @MShadows said, Toriyama doesn't seem interested in going that route as he doesn't seem to care about Vegeta's SSBE or Goku's SSBKK seeing as they weren't in the movie. So I'd say we'll probably just continue to get the same trend of Goku and Vegeta getting the same forms.

13. animegod12345 My waifu is better than yours

Vegeta new form isn’t a outline the fact that we literally saw a similar version of it in the manga proves it.

And honestly Toriyama maybe the creator but he says a lot of bullshit all the time.

14. Nattee Well-Known Member

Gohan, Broly, and Goku seem to have a clear path with ultimate, oozaru and UI respectively. But Toriyama does not seem interested in doing anything unique with Vegeta that allows him to stand out from the others. I think Vegeta will be stuck at SSB, since he said he does not want UI anymore and no other alternatives were mentioned.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. Roman Emperor

Shame that SSBKK and SSBE didn't make an appearance in the movie. One could argue that Goku and Vegeta didn't bother going that far themselves realizing that it wouldn't make a difference. While I don't think Tori's gonna go down the path of alternate forms, Toei may very well do so since it wants to sell more merch.

> A canon excuse to sell SSJ4 Broly merch? Let's make it so Broly grows his tail back, giving him proper control of his wrathful form which then paves the way to SSJ4.
    > Rose is the result of the user having God ki but also knowing how to better harness it? Gohan's been training to harness God ki with his unlocked potential, it's the perfect excuse for him to achieve the higher form of SSJR

Having said that, I'm not much of a fan for this. Broly should be kept a special case because he's the legendary SSJ. Kale is his U6 counterpart, hence why she can use it. Goku Black was also only able to use SSJR because it has to do with his soul. While his body is that of a Saiyan, his soul remains that of a Kaioshin, which is why his SSGSSJ form had a different color. Anyone else who tries to go down the Oozaru path can only really go as far as SSJ Oozaru or SSJB.

16. Gladiator Saiyan

It’s been said a few times, both in the anime and manga, that Vegeta doesn’t want to achieve Ultra Instinct and that it’s not his style, so it seems like Toriyama has different plans for him.
    I don’t know what can be done with him, though. Maybe he will strive to improve his godly forms? Maybe he will keep Blue as his strongest transformation and will just get stronger with it?

Broly will probably master his green haired form like Kale did, and possibly improve upon it by going Super Saiyan 2 and 3. Kale wanted to achieve 3 with Caulifla, so it seems like the mutated SS transformation she and Broly share works the same way as the regular Super Saiyan does.

Gohan, if he appears again, will probably keep on improving his Ultimate form. The manga even went out of its way to have Gohan straight out confirm he won’t rely on his Saiyan side anymore. It doesn’t make much sense, but at least it shows there’s no intention to have him achieve other transformations.

Goku, of course, will eventually master Ultra Instinct. That fits him, as it’s basically the result of all his trainings up to now and Whis’ ultimate teaching. The technique also has its roots in pure martial arts, and has nothing to do with Saiyans so it’s perfect for Goku. Eventually, he should probably interiorize it like Whis has, so that he doesn’t undergo any physical change when using it. We know the heat he was emitting during UI was his limit and that’s why it was such a toll on Goku’s body.
    Goku’s regular state is also his most iconic look, the most loved by Japanese fans as far as I know, and also fits with Toriyama’s “simplest is strongest” mentality.
    It’s also definitely something Goku will be able to teach to Uub.

17. Xhominid The Avaricious

I decided to go to TvTropes for a second... and I'm not sure about that one...

• said that the reason for the absence of Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken, Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, and Ultra Instinct in the movie itself is due to him thinking that the TV series "broke its limits" and he didn't want Goku and Vegeta to break their limits again so soon after the Tournament of Power while also wanting to showcase how much of a difference there is between Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue. This seems to play into Goku and Vegeta's decision to SPOILER. The interview also confirms that the movie is set in the Super anime's continuity with both the interviewer and Nagamine mentioning the TV series as the base for the movie's fight scenes.
    So yeah, it seems like it was due to them not wanting to make Goku and Vegeta come off as too powerful and further devalue Super Saiyan Blue when they wanted to showcase it's raw power for once compared to Super Saiyan God.

18. Suigetsu Legendary

Not gonna lie op, I almost spilled my drink when I saw your first picture. :oldryoma