1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Better Analogy than Comparing Women to Food?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Mar 31, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

I consider myself to be very egalitarian, to the point that I criticize other people whenever they make comments about members of specific demographic groups that they feel are innocuous. I most certainly am respectful to all people of all sexes, ethnicities, religions, and political affiliations, and I definitely do not view women as simply eye candy to be admired by men.

However, in the relationship advice thread, there have been numerous situations in which male users have spoken of females wishing to be in relationships with them, and they refused. I said to those users that they should accept the offers made by the women, using a common adage: "eat your food; there are people starving elsewhere in the world." To adapt that phrase, I said that there are numerous people who are currently not in relationships who would give anything to be in one, so the people who are being offered chances to be in relationships should accept those offers on behalf of those who are less fortunate.

Other users here have criticized me making that comparison, and I myself do not wish to compare women to food, but I cannot conceive of a more suitable analogy for encouraging other to accept offers to be in relationships. What advice can anyone else offer? What is a better way than comparing women to food to encourage people to accept offers to be in relationships?

Tags:
  2. Kitsune `★.。・:*:・ Advisor

I couldn’t disagree with you more. You said yourself that people are not objects. Chemistry and individual desire matter a great deal. Never be in a relationship out of desperation or pity. Both parties need to want to be involved for it to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Mider T VM Rapist

4. Island In the Sun

I'mma be blunt, DDJ. You have horrendous views on women, no matter how much you deny it. Every time you talk about one, you're talking about what she can do for you and how you stand to benefit from your interactions with her.

It's no wonder you can't think of a better analogy. They basically are food to you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. John Wick I'd like a dinner reservation for twelve.

you can't compare people to inanimate objects. Yet people still do I have a habit of comparing women to cars is it right no? will I continue to do so probably. Does that mean I view women as no different from cars no? I just use cars as a war to quantify certain aspects of a relationship

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Avalon

You're referring to me when I said I refuse to date that Asian girl, huh? :kannasip

7. Mider T VM Rapist

Once again I will emphatically state not only no, but hell no.

8. Shrike Let's Baby

People told you already, real world doesn't work like that.

Besides, you'd accept multiple girlfriends... so you'd be taking from those who can't even have one.

What do you have to say about that, you narcissist?

9. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

Do you know who else views women as being no different from food? Gaston from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, and I do not appreciate you comparing me to that reprehensible excuse for a human being, as I am as dissimilar from him as it is possible to be; I am polite, culture, sophisticated, and make a conscious effort to be respectful to everyone with whom I interact. I am nothing like that egotistical musclebound jerk jock.

The side of me that you see is what I choose to show on this forum; it is not the entirety of my personality and character, just as I am certain that no other user here reveals their entire character on this forum. My friends and family know me far better than anyone else here ever shall, and that is what is important to me; to quote actor Jack Nicholson, "I am who I am; your approval is not needed."

Also, I have noticed that you have been extremely critical of me in recent threads, so do you have a personal grudge against me? Did I do something to offend you?

10. Island In the Sun

You asked. If you don't want an answer, then don't ask the question.

I'm critical of you in debate threads because you're just plain wrong in them. That's the nature of those threads. I'm critical of you here, however, because I believe you have reprehensible views of women.

11. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

This is one instance in which it is you who are wrong; I know myself better than does anyone else, and I know how I feel regarding women.

I have spent nearly twenty years to reach where I am, today, developing my social skills, receiving help from others, practicing interacting with other members of society, and, when you say that I have reprehensible views of women, you are insulting not only me, but my parents, my schoolteachers, and my psychologist, who have spent years of their own lives helping me to become a well-adjusted and fully-functional member of society who can interact with others in a normal and constructive manner. If I had never had their help, I would not be where I am, would not be who I am, today.

12. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

I notice that no one here has actually answered my initial question, so how likely is that to occur?

13. ~M~ Take my kindness for weakness

Obviously a better comparison is to something like a tree or coat rack

14. Island In the Sun

How do you think it feels when women read that you compare them to food? What about when they see you talk about everything you want from Lady J without consideration to her own feelings on the matter? I say that your views on women are reprehensible because, although you say you believe certain things, how you behave is something entirely different.

I'll stick to the food analogy since it's what you made the thread about. You're comparing women to a product meant for consumption and saying that people should always "have" one because there's others who don't. You say that you respect women, but this is not a respectful thing to say.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  15. Benedict Cumberzatch

Flag:
    Sweden
    Why do you need analogies for women? They are people, too. Are men autonomous and women subordinate, inanimate objects?

16. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

If I have to guess then DDJ needs analogies because he struggles to understand women.

If he starts by accepting them as people, then perhaps he'll find that there are differences, but they are just like men in most respects. Since DDJ wouldn't like to be compared to a cauliflower, perhaps it would be better to make some female friends first - and take it from there.

17. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

What do you have to offer in a relationship?

18. ~M~ Take my kindness for weakness

This thread title is misleading because apparently the issue in question isn’t women or descriptions of them

19. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

The analogy is not for the women, themselves, it is for encouraging people to be in relationships, and to say that it would be foolish to not accept such an offer if it is made.

Have you ever heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words?" I would like to believe that the actions that I display toward women, and everyone else, in actuality outside of this forum, are greater than the words that I say here.

Also, I was not comparing the women themselves to food, I was saying that a person would be foolish to not accept an offer to be in a relationship, if someone made such an offer.

I am very intelligent, I possess a great amount of knowledge and trivia on various subjects, I always am very polite and respectful, I am very loyal to my family and friends, and I believe myself to be fairly attractive.

Yes, that is true, but my actual question would have been far too long for the title of the thread.

20. Aphrodite Well-Known Member Advisor

I dont think anyone is foolish not to be in a relationship if it is offered to them. Relationships arent for everyone and some people are so burned from past relationships that they dont want to be in another. You don't know what that person may have went through in the past.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  21. Aruarian Ensō // Reflection Eternal

DDJ, a relationship is not a goal. There's absolutely 0 point in just being in a relationship. A relationship becomes worthwhile when it's between compatible people, with mutual attraction, who grow as individuals from and through being together. Anyone that just blindly accepts a relationship has no sense of self-worth. Anyone desperate for a relationship, should probably not be in one. Because they would be unable to provide an equal and balanced match for their prospective partner.

The only reason you're trying to force people to accept such offers is because of your own sense of lacking. It is disrespectful to enforce your misguided beliefs on others.

Also, if you have to say you're 'cultured and sophisticated', then odds are your behavior does not indicate that. Especially when you repeatedly make disrespectful remarks on women, and when this is pointed out to you, you end up disregarding the information you're offered.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  22. DemonDragonJ Creeping Death

By that logic, someone who is desperate for food and water should not be given those, because they would not properly use such resources.

What should I have said when @Toby asked me what I could offer for relationship? Should I have nothing, at all?

23. Ernel32.dll Thundercloud Mechanic Retired Staff

24. Aruarian Ensō // Reflection Eternal

Please realize how dumb the comparison is. Food and water are fundamental human needs, without which you will die.

Also, you continuously focusing on the less relevant points is annoying as fuck.

25. Island In the Sun

You accepted nudes from somebody and agreed to be their boyfriend. Actions speak louder than words, but your actions are... not much better than your words.

And yes, I'm bringing that up again, and yes, it's necessary because it shapes my opinion on how you view women, which is the topic we're discussing.

The analogy itself objectifies women, bruh. You can use analogies to describe aspects of your relationship like "Arguing with my wife is like trying to wrestle a bear" but using them to describe people themselves dehumanizes them.

It's why women don't like being described as a piece of meat.

If you have to tell people how smart and respectful you are, then you might not be coming off that way to them. Like you said, your actions should speak louder than words, and as far as a lot of people here are concerned, your actions portray you in a different light than how you see yourself.

26. Mider T VM Rapist

So...nothing? Because none of this is anything special that will make ladies swoon.

27. Toby Detective Dollars Advisor

If you had to pick a vegetable to describe yourself which one would you pick?

28. Ernel32.dll Thundercloud Mechanic Retired Staff

just really want to re-iterate; how wretched this thread is

29. MAD we are many

Catdank Faction:
    whether or not you finish your plate has 0 bearing on hungry africans fam

also fuk u

single 4 life :camby

30. MAD we are many

Catdank Faction:
    that said

i was here when DDJ turned heel