1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

What is it, that is so GREAT about the Naruto series?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Shinobi1jutsu, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:34 PM.

1. Shinobi1jutsu Active Member

I absolutely LOVE the Naruto series! Whether you read the manga, watched the show, or both... you know that there was a type of magic that was infused into it. I began watching the show as an adult, and fell in love with it. This past weekend, I was with some friends at a local IHOP at 2am, and we started talking about Naruto... and a bunch of people from other tables overheard us, and started chiming in saying, "Hey, are you guys talking about Naruto?!?!" Within minutes, basically everybody in the restaurant started having a group conversation about Naruto!!! Then, our waitress came from out the back, and was eager to join in on the Naruto talk! I can't think of another series... that is no longer even running... and, could get so many strangers talking about it like that.

Kids love it, teens love it, adults love it, I started watching it on Netflix with my adult brother, and we were hooked after the Haku/Zabuza saga. Then, I showed it to my two adult sisters, and they got hooked, then they got their boyfriends hooked, I got my girlfriend hooked, I got a whole bunch of other friends into it, and before I knew it... every pay period I was dropping money into Amazon to buy new box sets of the show, that we all watch together... I even got my 60 y/o dad watching the show (on his own)!?!?!? He just texted me to ask me if he can borrow some more box sets of Shippuden (he just saw it where Sasuke killed Orochimaru) (Mom is totally immune).

I just think its CRAZY how amazing the show is, and how much of an effect it has had... I mean look at this site for example!!!

The QUESTION I have is... WHY?!?!?!

I mean the characters are kind of ridiculous, the story has plot holes the size of Konoha, the fight scenes are great... but, too few and far between, and really... isn't all that different from other animes... but, I can't think of a single anime that has had as big of an effect! What is special about Naruto??? What makes it different/better???

Tags:
  2. Dattebayo-chan License to Fangirl

Sweden
    Naruto always had that special something that pulled me in. It is indeed hard to put into words, but I will try. The stories and characters touch me somehow, I think. Naruto talking down Zabuza, Naruto befriending Gaara despite it all, or how Lee wanted to fight so bad he stood up to fight despite being unconscious. Such scenes were always very emotional and moving to me. The depth of the relationships, emotions and character backgrounds always appealed to me.

3. Lord Valgaav My fries

No matter what anyone thinks, the manga was a smash hit due to Sasuke.

4. Maverick04 Well-Known Member

> It's about ninjas
    > Storytelling is outstanding
    > Intriguing and cool characters
    > Everyone loves an underdog story here and there
    > Love angles between different characters
    > The story connects different events together quite well.

It basically took Dragon ball and sprinkled some plot on it with a loser protagonist becoming a hero instead of a main character who was born OP

5. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

I'm one of those 'older' adults who fell for Naruto. I am always drawn to character driven stories and I love a good fight scene. Naruto gave me both. Kishi may not have been great at long range plotting, but he has always been able to create characters that people can somehow relate to and care about. I think that's the real key to Naruto's success. That and Kishi's clean, often cinema-graphic style.

6. Ignition Matara Dukkah

Interesting and expandable world, characters with many flaws and dramas, good villains (mostly P1 Orochimaru and Akatsuki until Pain's arc), a lot of openness, unexplained events or explained events that could have been done differently in the setting where you can milk as much fanfiction as you want.

7. Rifulofthewest Active Member

The first part is brilliant, the public freak can selfinsert very well in the character of Naruto and grow with it as he knows the world around him and is related to interesting characters in similarly interesting situations as chunin exams, or simply see that the main character is an annoying but meaningful child and see how it develops from there.
    Also keep in mind that the naruto villains are pretty understandable, tragic and different villains, which moved away from other animated series with bad villains to be bad or that were a blatant copy of the previous villain (seriously, the villains of Naruto are very different, Zabuza, Itachi, Gaara and Orochimaru did not resemble each other).
    However, what really distanced Naruto from the other Shonen are their battles ... I mean, argumentaly and in terms of characters, Naruto is an average shonen, like the first 2 bows of bleach or One piece, but in the choreography and strategies of the fights distance themselves from these by much.
    In addition, its character design is more pleasant than those of other Shonen animes.

8. Junnah Active Member

9. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

I wouldn't say that it was "great" but it was good for just part 1
    What was good about it:
    • Kiba Inuzuka
    • Actually a great concept with alot of potential for great world building (which unfortunately was never realised)
    • Character designs were good (until the ending)
    • Many side characters were interesting and unique (before shippuden)
    • The Story had potential at first (before shippuden)

10. Anza Hello

Just naruto, Ninjas, good plot, shurikens, music