1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

What is Next for the Tenchi Muyo Franchise?

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by DemonDragonJ, Jun 5, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I recently watched the fourth Tenchi Muyo OVA, and, before that, I watched Tenchi Muyo GXP, so I have now watched nearly every entry in the Tenchi Muyo franchise, except for Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, which I do plan to watch at some point in the future. I was very disappointed that the fourth OVA had no action and was essentially all the characters simply talking about various family issues, and the ending of the fourth episode seemed to imply that there would not be a fifth episode, so I now am wondering what is next for the Tenchi Muyo franchise; will there be another series, or is it over, now?

What does everyone else say about this? What is next for the Tenchi Muyo franchise?

Tags:
  2. Magnum Miracles Thank You, and have a nice life.

3. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

The franchise is still active, but not to the extent that it was in the 1990's and early 2000's.

4. egressmadara Wanderin' About

You havent seen Dual parallel trouble adventure?

5. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

6. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

Does anyone else have anything to say about this subject?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  7. PlacidSanity Unknown

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing Dual get an OVA of sorts to explore the melded world that happen at the end of the series. Plus there was some indication that it was connected to Tenchi Universe so seeing that cast make some more cameos there. :hmm

8. [S-A-F] Femto my boy!

Tenchi a dying franchise, a thing of the past. With all the harem series that exist today its hard for Tenchi to stand on its own unless it adds something extra to it. The 4th OVAs were so under the radar I don't even know where to watch them.

Like Placid said Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure would have more to work with. But they don't even touch that series for whatever reason.

9. DemonDragonJ Hey, Hey, What Can I Do?

I am very sad to hear that, because, while Tench Muyo may not be the first harem series, it is certainly one of the most popular and influential, and I wish that it would have the same status as Dragon Ball, Gundam, Pokemon, or Sailor Moon.