1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the chance Tomura turns Hawks to his side?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Superman, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Superman Well-Known Member

Because going by that small sample back story I feel there is a pretty good chance that happens. It seems like most his life, Hawks has been forced to be a hero and has no true freedom. I feel like it could be working on his psyche. Tomura could learn this and use it to his advantage. Thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Hawk is a sunbro, he won't be daunted by darkness.

3. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Tomura wants chaos to upset the current order while Hawks wants things to be more peaceful so heroes have a lot more free time. Their ideals are diametrically opposite.

And considering how Tomura is still learning and growing as a villain I really don't think he's at the point where he's smart enough to corrupt someone by talking to them. He doesn't have that level of charisma or presence that AFO had.

4. Yak Well-Known Member

No idea but I think that it would have less to do with Hawk's mindset and rather how much Shiggy has learned to step up his charisma game. He still has a long ways to go if he wants to be even remotely close to what his mentor was/is. But perhaps he can sway Hawks. It's imo not impossible but from what we saw so far, atm not very likely.

5. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Actually I think him being an Endeavor Fan is not great if Dabi the eldest son then he can easily shatter Hawks Opinion of his Hero by telling shocking tales of abuse. Which could flip Hakws or at least lead to costly indecision.

6. Lord Trollbias Just Another Hero

Croatia, Nigeria
    Catdank Faction:
    Only way I see that happening is if Endeavor's dirty laundry gets aired to the public and it shatters Hawks's faith in the hero system that much. But even then I couldn't see him going straight up full villain or joining Shiggy and his crew.

7. Superman Well-Known Member

Different ideals, but the method to achieve them can go the same way.

8. iJutsu Well-Known Member

0%. I'm pretty sure Hawks is smarter than Shiggy. Shiggy is just a dumb kid with a lot of smart toys.

9. Donquixote Doflamingo Master Puppeteer

Hes not going anywhere

10. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Hawks is a legitimate, natural born hero. They're asking this guy - who has been heroing it up since he was a child - to go against every one of his natural heroic instincts, day in and day out, just in order to get in close with the League.

And the deeper he goes, the more likely he is gonna have a nervous breakdown because of the internal conflict of who he is and the horrifying things he will have to do.

Also, thanks to that duality and how fragile his mental state will be, I think he'll strike up a friendship with Twice. And that someone he can care for as a comrade and brother-in-arms might just tie what ties him close to them legitimately.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  11. White Wolf Retired Staff

Hard to say, it might happen, it might not.

When his 'betrayal' happened I was glad they showed the scene with his mission instead of leaving it as an unknown point to bring out later on like 'hurr durr look at me! I was a spy for the heroes all along!' this way we know his current goals at least, and if later he snaps and turns to the dark side it'll at least be a somewhat logical progression.

Personally though, I don't think anything will happen to him aside from scheming and digging for dirt on the villains, being the #2 hero here when most of the other top 100 are lackluster as hell is a big thing for him, not personally, but simply because it helps keep balance after All Might's retirement. Endeavor alone is getting better... but he's far from a symbol like AM was, but with support from Hawks and other heroes there's a lot more potential to keep some semblance of balance in the air.

12. Roman Emperor

How? This isn't a difference of ideals, it's a difference of objectives. Tomura wants something that he can't get if Hawks gets his way.