1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

What is your least favorite arc in z

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by animegod12345, Nov 5, 2018.

Your least favorite arc

1. Saiyan saga

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Freiza saga

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Cell saga

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Buu saga

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. animegod12345 My waifu is better than yours

Honestly my least favorite arc was cell saga it was such dogshit. Cell basically had no personality whatsoever he was lowkey boring in my opinion I know people may like this saga because of teen gohan and the father-son kamehameha but still he was lowkey trash and that's probably the reason why he's not that popular of a dragon ball villian in Japan(aside from being to hard to draw).

Tags:
  2. Kishido Subarashii

Saiyan

Cell
    Buu is the worst.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  3. Fusion Well Known-Member

Yeah I have to agree. Cell stuff was my least fav

4. Djomla Student

Buu. Everything felt so wierd. And new transformations, fusions and everything just went popping every episode. Cell Arc wasn't great but I still enjoyed it more.

5. Superstars Well-Known Member

6. CaptainCommanderRenji Well-Known Member

Dragonball is pure perfection from the beginning to Freeza. That was Goku's journey from a little boy to the strongest fighter of the universe. So it can't be Saiyan or Freeza saga. That leaves Cell and Buu. Both are good but I suppose Buu is worse.

7. Blade DAN DAN

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. Hazard Black♠️Vegeta

i also have the least amount of nostalgia for it.

9. Spider-Man have a nice day

France
    Majin Boo arc is easily the worst story arc in the entirety of the manga for a vast variety of reasons. While the writing was on a decline ever since the Android arc, it had arguably the most satisfying conclusion to the franchise and it was one of the rare times Goku actually showed a great amount of maturity and character development (which we will see again in Super). Gotenks and his fight against Boo was the saving grace of this clusterfuck arc.

> So much build-up for Gohan and the next generation taking up the mantle, but Goku comes back from the dead and steals the glory.

> Super Saiyan 2 retcon. It was never supposed to be some next-step Saiyan evolution, it was just Gohan's latent potential combined with his Super Saiyan powers.

> Super Saiyan 3 retcon. For what purpose? Goku explicitly said he was no stronger than Majin Vegeta, who was only a Super Saiyan 2, which wasn't even named at the time. Then, when Goku meets Majin Boo for the first time, it randomly, conveniently turns out he was lying and had an even stronger Super Saiyan form the whole time? Goku is subtle about nothing and would just downright admit his superiority to Vegeta like in the Android arc. Blatant asspull.

> Making Trunks and Goten able to turn Super Saiyan right away for no real reason was fucking stupid and undermines the hard work and torture Goku, Vegeta, Gohan and Future Trunks went through to achieve it.

> Supposedly, two snot-nosed brats are stronger than an intergalactic emperor (Freeza) despite no combat experience whatsoever.

> Majin Vegeta. Most people consider Vegeta's descent into darkness the crucial moment where Vegeta's character develops from a villain, to anti-hero, to a hero, but I consider it character regression. He blew up part of a stadium to force Goku to fight him. The fact that in the Boo arc after over ten years after settling down on Earth with Bulma and redeeming himself, he still considered his own desire to fight Goku more important than the lives of the spectators in the Tenkaichi Budokai, that's just freaking stupid. Toriyama messed with his character too much, fans wanted to see a Goku and Vegeta rematch, so he made it happen, but he made it happen in a way that Vegeta become a murderous asshole, and made me just feel like, "Ok, this guy has no respect for lives whatsoever." Vegeta carried out a galactic scale genocide, to give him a redemption once is being very forgiving, and Toriyama made him screw up again and need a second redemption, I feel like his character was reset for a fanservice fight.

10. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

Buu, because Garlic Junior wasn't an option.

11. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

12. Fusion Well Known-Member

Different circumstances. Goku explicitly states it was because he didn't want to enrage Vegeta further, and he wasn't about to be as jovial around murdering Majin Vegeta than with antihero Vegeta. It's not OOC from him. This is the guy who kept Gohan from interfering with Videl vs Spopovitch which was an utter stomp.

13. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

14. Spider-Man have a nice day

France
    I think it was in the Super Exciting Guide, in the transformation dictionary last I saw it on Kanzenshuu. Super Saiyan 2 wasn't a thing until the Majin Boo arc, and Gohan just had to rage to tap into his latent potential but that was just supposed to be "Gohan's full power" and not a grade form or anything. Though, since it's Kanzenshuu we're talking about, take it with a grain of salt.

I have no idea what that has to do with the issue I am addressing. Whether Goku wanted to hurt Vegeta's pride or not is irrelevant, how it's explained later on has nothing to do with how surprising it was when it was introduced. The fact of the matter, is that Super Saiyan 3 is the textbook definition of a Deus ex Machina -- Majin Boo was going to destroy Bulma's city, which was a problem as the Dragon Radar was there. As far as we knew at the time, there wasn't anyone on Earth strong enough to stop Boo; Goku, the strongest being there, was only established as just equal to Majin Vegeta, meaning the situation was seemingly hopeless. Then, out of nowhere, it turns out he was actually far stronger than Vegeta and had a stronger form called Super Saiyan 3 the whole time. Thanks to Super Saiyan 3, Goku could stall Boo long enough for Trunks to get the Dragon Radar, saving what was a seemingly hopeless situation.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Fusion Well Known-Member

Oh nah I wasn't trying to say SSJ3 came out of nowhere. Just that it Goku keeping the form from Vegeta made sense for him in my eyes, since he'd been shown prior to be thinking in a more long-term way, and he did have respect for vegeta's pride.

16. PFM18 Active Member

If you vote anything other than the Buu arc I have to question your sanity

17. Pilaf The Man in the Rain

I voted Buu arc and you should still question my sanity.

18. Extravlad Banned

France
    Namek>Buu>Saiyan>=Cell

19. DlAMONDZ Well-Known Member

Cell himself was trash. Trunks becomes a background character almost immediately after debuting. Gohan becomes the MC with no foreshadowing whatsoever. Cell only got as far as he did because everyone acted dumb af. It was overly serious and the final battle between Gohan and Cell was dreadful. Easily the worst in the series

20. B Rabbit OL's Best

I likes them all. I would say Saiyan was my least favorite. However, only because I loved Part one so much the transition in Saiyan left a bad taste. Still a good arc.

21. LuckyDucky Terror of the Ponds

Probably the Buu saga. Did Toriyama's editors change after the Frieza arc? It almost felt like after that, there was a minor tonal shift as if the franchise had been taken over by a well-groomed successor that couldn't quite capture the magic that Toriyama had created up to the Frieza battle.

22. Spider-Man have a nice day

France
    Yes, Toriyama had a different editor. He worked with Yu Kondo from the Saiyan arc all the way to Cell, whom he commented was one of the strictest editors he's worked with beside Kazuhiko Torishima. He had the most freedom during the Majin Boo arc when Fuyuto Takeda was his editor, that probably explains why this arc is irredeemable trash.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  23. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

Goku explains why he didn’t use it to Piccolo. It had nothing to do with Vegeta’s pride...

I liked all of them but if I were to choose my least favorite then it’d be the Buu arc...

24. MS81 Supreme Jounin

As much as I love ultimate Gohan I hate that arc.

25. Fusion Well Known-Member

I might be remembering something from the dub then :hmm

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  26. Namikaze Minato Flash Lone Black Wolf

Yeah he tells Piccolo he did it to step back and let the two kid Saiyan prodigies defeat Buu because he was no longer apart of their realm. He then tries to explain to Vegeta there was a limit and that he reserved it in case something terrible happened [such as Buu awakening]. Another fact that only King Kai seemed to only know was that the energy exertion shortened his 24 hours...