1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

What is your view on ABORTION???

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by EroKage, Nov 4, 2004.

What do you think of abortion???

1. i agree with abortion.

167 vote(s)
    44.3%
  2. i am completly against it.

120 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. i really dont care...

90 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

i sincerely am completly against abortion...it is just my opinion but i think that no one has the right to chose wether the human being inside a woman should be killed or not..that isnt a choice that should be given.its easy to say yes i agree because YOU are already born...
    and i sincerely dont think that like some people say abortion is a women's right to choose.have you forgoten that it takes 2 to tango?does the father not have any right in the childs life?i think the question here is to know if the fetus inside the person is already considered life, from the moment it is born or from the moment it is conceived...?in my opinion a person,a soul exists from the moment that it is conceived in the mothers womb...

(excuse my spelling if i wrote anything wrong...)

Tags:
  2. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

I'm against it... I'm an athiest, I don't believe in a god what-so-ever, but I don't believe in killing something, and stopping life before it becomes consious just for the convinence of some girl's life isn't right. Some people argue that it's the woman's right to choose because it's her body, but it's the damn kid's life and he doesn't have a voice, so it's easy just to dismiss it for some people.

If people don't want kids they need to be damn careful, and if they don't want it then give it up for adoption, I think it would rather live without parent's rather than not live at all.

3. Aruka Miss Demeanor™

I'm totally against it! But I can't blame the people who got their babies aborted.

4. Naruto Forever Naruto

I agree with you..but..abortion is suited for people who has a lot of children,
    or in a family control country.esp China. It wouldn't be wise also if he has to suffer when he was born ? isn't that worse ?!
    well...this is just my opinion..
    but I agree with you ^^

5. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

yes well there is only onecase where i think that abortion could be justified..it is if the child will have some sort of disease or somethig that will kill ehr in a few years or make her suffer a lot..that is a justification....

but just abortion because the girl doesnt ant thebaby and she forgot to tell her boyfrend to use a condom...please..>_>...if you dont want your own baby then give it up for adoption..but then dont come crying 30 years later that you want him or herback and that you were a stupid child etc...just let her live her liefe in peace....

6. ahheng21 Singapore's SpamKing

against it. everyone has the right to live... if u dun want babies, please do pratice save sex

7. naruto_117 It's blank here now

I'm for it.And it does take two to tango but if the dad isn't even there he doesn't get a choice now does he? The woman is the one who has to carry it. It should be her decision and no one elses. (Let the argument commence)

8. DeathWolf im a gal kk??

im totally agianst it...nuff said....

9. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

i understand what you say but imagine this situation...both parents have sex to have a baby right???well imagine that the dad really wants a baby and the mother doesnt..is it really only her decision?i mean witout the father the baby could never have been born...i dont really think that the choice is up to the mother alone...and if she doesnt want the baby she can give it up for adoption...but of course women dont want that because they dont want the remorse of knowing they abandoned their baby just cause they were stupid or afraid...as i said before:there is no possible excuse to abort...i would rather be adopted than not be born at all...but hey..who am i to choose?i am already born...what right do i have to decide wether some one should live ror not...???

10. naruto_117 It's blank here now

Well the dad and the mom should talk about that kind of stuff before having baby because if you don't then that is just extremely stupid.

11. Fudoshin The Immovable Mind

Im against abortions but I believe everyone has their right to choose to keep it or not. One of the main reasonings behind this is very easy to realize, Say for instance you have a girl friend and she gets raped, and She becomes pregnant by the rapist. Should she be forced to keep a baby that she never Wanted or had a choice in making? Im sure you would not be willing to keep it either. As for adoptions, alot of parents would rather not have a child than put it up for adoption, I would take responsibility for my child if I have one, Accident or not. Thats not to say that everyone out there is fit to be a mother. I know that there is a few hundred thousand 13-15 year old girls that should have had an abortion because they were stupid. Your not only directly influencing the unborn fetis life but the mother/father as well. There goes any thought of following your dreams. I dont think that we should have any right to tell someone they cant have an abortion even though Im against it. Everyone has a choice to make and some day they may realize that they made the wrong one.

Im not a Christian, I am completely agnostic. I dont think that religion should have anything to do with politics, and everyone should have their rights to do what they like. If we start taking away the right to have an abortion, what will be next? Your Right's are at stake if you want to believe it or not. Dont limit choice's just dont support the ones you dont believe in.

12. EroKage DAtE BaYOoo!!!!

okay..how should i start.i will divide the answers in the order of your post:

1.if a woman is victim of rape then she can give the baby up for adoption..not kill it.its not the baby's fault either that she got rapped.she wont be forced to keep the baby if she doesnt want too.

2.you say that some parents would rather not have a child than give them up for adoption..so that means they would rather kill their baby?

3.i COMPLETLY disagree with you when you say that everyone should have the right to do what they want.rules and laws exist for a reason...if not then we would have anarchy...i want to rob something so i do..if i want to kill someone i do...(yes ,for me abortion is the same as killing the baby).do you think that this is ok?

i would just like to end by giving you this example of 2 friends of mine:

1.this first guy said that he didnt like using condoms cause he didnt have as much pleasure..so of course there came a baby when he was only 17 years old...

2.this other friend of mine is exactly the same..he says that he wears one IF he has one around.if he doesnt..well....and he has had loads of problems cause he never knows if his girlfrined is pregnant or not...

these are the most common cases in which abortion is used....do you think that this is right?only cause the stupid ass-hole preffers to not use a condom????

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  13. Ketsueki Bushy Haired Ninja

There is no reason (other than selfish one's) to abort a child. An innocent child should not be denied life just so the woman can have a easier life, It's completely selfish.

And the unborn baby doesn't have the right to live?

EDIT
    I only say this if the baby is nice and healthy, or can lead some sort of normal life. If it's going to be born ill and suffer all it's life and die young, that's a different thing all together.

14. mijukuna New Member

i am agenst it in my point of veiw its murder

15. xenex Mindless Student

I voted don't care since I couldn't vote only for or against. If it were my kid then yes, I am against abortion and would try to convince the mother to keep it and then if she wanted no part in raising a child I would take custody. However, as a man who doesn't have to deal with giving birth, I don't feel it's my place to tell a woman considering an abortion that it is wrong. That is a hard decision to make and a very personal one. But of course nothing I say is going to stop people from rallying around an abortion clinic protesting murder.
    I have heard every sob story there is to be heard from both sides and frankly I no longer care. If it isn't my child on the line it is not my concern.

16. Uchiha Suzie Legendary Loser

In my opinion abortion is Ok in these situations:

The woman is pregnant as a result of rape - Self explanitory, it wasn't her fault, she shouldn't have to carry such a reminder around with her for 9 months, the child will grow up with the genes of a rapist and there's a chance it will follow in it's fathers footsteps.

An accident - Ok, so you can't accidently have full intercourse for half an hour then suddenly realise "oops, I could get pregnant from that!", but in the event of a condom splitting or something, well we all have accidents, we shouldn't have to pay for them like that.

Changes in financial situations - So you want a baby, but your partner has lost his job, you've ben evicted etc and there's just no way you can afford to give a baby a good life without sponging off the government. Adoption? No, you actually wanted this child, it would be a mental heartbreak to give it away. Best just to try again when you're more financially stable (For the record, we have way too many people sponging off the government and some women get pregnant just so they can have somewhere to live and free money, I don't approve.).

Mothers life is in danger - Obvious.

Child in unlikely to survive - No point putting the mother through months of pregnancy and hours of pain to have a baby which is likely to be DOA. If she wants it terminated she should have that option.

Disabled children - Babies with say, brain damage or really bad physical problems, life will be hard for them and the parents. The mother should be able to decide if she wants to go through it.

And here are some situations where I don't think it's alright:

Underage sex - Yeah, the law is there for a reason and not just so you can cry statutory rape when your college boyfriend breaks up with you. It's the guideline to say that at this age you probably will be ready to face the consequences if sex goes wrong. If you break the law, you should have to live with it. This would be a great deterant to stop teenagers from being so easy.

Fit, healthy, planned pregnancy, adult, just changed mind - This is probably the only case I'd 100% support adoption in. Chances are upon having the baby the mothers maternal instinct would make them decide to keep it anyway. I don't really care though.

Yes, yes, I'm a horrible, evil, mean person. Get over it.

17. Charlie_K Friend of a Legendary Friend

abortion should only be in the interest of the child's health and safety, if it came to having to choose between the mother's death or the baby, the mother would have to make that decision because it is her life and the life of her child at risk. support should be given though to help the mother if she feels she cant handle it. if it was through abuse that the baby was concieved then it agan is the choice of the mother, although giving and taking life is wrong under certain cirecumstances, it should be allowed but only under the most humane ways.
    --------------------
    Uchiha Suzie is not a Legendary Loser, she is a Legendary Friend

18. SoulFire .....Nah

I really, do not, care about this. if a woman decides to have an abortion, so be it, it is her choice, and she will have to live with it.

To all the people that say abortion is murder; The child ows his live to the mother, so she can give him life, but not take it? Thats biased.

19. Aeries Grammar Nazi

It's interesting that some of you say there is no reason someone should have an abortion, unless the baby will have some kind of disease. Er, what? That's only contradicting yourselves. Despite the possibility of disease, a baby should still be born. The experience of living is one that everything with the chance of living should live though, no matter how long or short that experience is. And besides, a cure could be made to cure the child's disease, or something could at least be made to prolong to life of the child. Just because someone is diagnosed with something that is commonly known as deadly, it does not mean they will absolutely, positively die in the average span of years that others die.

Onto the topic at hand. I am against the idea of abortion, although on the subject of rape, I am still iffy about it. First, here is why I am against it.
    A fetus is an embryo, just as there is an embryo in a seed. That seed grows into a tree, the same way that the fetus grows into an adult. In order for something to grow, it needs to be alive. While in the womb, the fetus has already learned to move; it can bend it's fingers, move its arms and kick, and can suck its thumb. In this case, it is the same as killing an already born child. Everything that is living should be respected, regardless of it's age.

Rape. From reading the posts of those who say the case of rape is unsignifacant, I am assuming you have not placed yourself in the position of the victim. In the cause of rape, the victim has no choice what-so-ever. The woman's right was completely stepped on and broken, so does she have the right to an abortion? I say that if the woman is in her late teens and early twenties (17-24), and will not have the experience, time, and maturity to care for a baby, she should highly consider giving the baby up for adoption. At this age the chance of death while giving birth is lowered because the body has matured. However, if the woman is 16 and younger, abortion may be the best choice. Keep in mind though that every body is different, and the bodies of those who are 17+ may not be mature enough to give birth, but at the same time, a body of someone 16- may be mature enough. I am completely confused on the subject of abortion due to rape, because there is the life of the woman, then there is the life of the baby. Both will have the same amount of value to some person or another later in life, and both have the basic human right to live.

More than abstinence should be taught in schools. I know that there are people in 6th grade (!!!!) who have had sex, and it is quite obvious that teenagers are physically involved. Abstinence just doesn't cut it. Abstinence+ should be taught instead, because there are teens who do not know about condoms, and other birth control options. If you get pregnent voluntarily having sex, then it is only your fault, and you should take responsibility for it. If you cannot take care for the baby, give it for adoption.

If you think you are mature enough to have sex, then you are mature enough to take responsibility for you actions.

20. HyugaHinata Over 100 Episodes Fansubbed!

Abortion should be allowed. Pregnancy can endanger the mother's life (which sometime isn't known until the last few weeks of pregnancy).

Soemtimes, the foetus has diorders such as Harlequin Foetus Syndrome, which is incurable and results in death within a few weeks.

The fetus cannot survive without nutrients supplied directly from the mother's body. Half of the baby's genetic makeup is from the father, half from the mother, so by your reasoning, if both parents agreed to abort, that would be OK. In my view, however, the decision should be left up to the mother.

Pregnancy causes many toxic effects, such as morning sickness (when the foetus expels its waste into the mother's body).

As for adoption, well, this isn't a panacea. Non-caucasian babies are unlikely to get adopted in the US. Not only that, but there is a huge queue of unadopted babies, and babies with genetic abnormalities stand almost no change of adoption.

This is a good analogy that was posted elsewhere:

21. legan Banned

I gave up caring about this sort of thing years ago... it's gonna happen wether you're against it or for it.

22. SoulFire .....Nah

Yuo r teh winnar!!

23. legan Banned

Yay for winning... what do I win?

24. hawk-eternal New Member

should this topic even be on this site ??????

i dont think this 'topic' should even be posted in the Ichiraku Ramen section and i also think that it shouldn't be posted in this forum at all, after all whats naruto got to do with abortion.....

no one can say whether its right or wrong, till you "personally" are placed in that situation ...
    Topics like this made me a lil angry ....

I have two children so its not as tho im talking out of context.
    and even tho i have two kids i would never say to anyone "abortion is wrong".

25. Aeries Grammar Nazi

Abortion doesn't have anything to do with Naruto. This area of the forums is for General Discussion. Anything can be discussed here. Besides, Naruto-related threads are [/I]supposed to go in the Naruto section of the forums.

26. NASc Guest

i was against it but i know a girl who is 16 and she,s already pregnant and she wants an abortion because when u have a child your own live is as good as over at that age
    :(
    so i support abortion :)

27. legan Banned

You can argue as much as you want the fact is, people have there opinions, sometimes opinions collide, you can argue your opinion into the ground it still doesn't make it right or wrong. All I'm trying to say is that ah screw it does anyone actually care about what I'm trying to say.

28. Aeries Grammar Nazi

No one here is trying to change what someone else thinks. The point of this is to discuss, not convert someone's thoughts and say what is right and what is wrong. We are simply putting in our own thoughts on the topic.

29. RitaoNagai Weapon Master

I'm against 'couse, in some way you are killing someone......XD

30. Dusk-- Missing Nin

Abortion is like murder, and since I don't support murder, I also don't support abortion.

There are a lot of couples in this world who can't have Babies. So instead of killing a unborn, just wait till the Baby is born and give it free for Adoption if you think you can't handle it.