1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

What Manga Had/Has The Single Greatest Story of All Time?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Cthulhu-versailles, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

This is not a thread where you just put down what your favorite manga is. Please try and be honest and take a look at the actual story of manga's alone, and not necessarily whether you like/ love every aspect of the manga, but whether or not but the story itself was good or not.

Guidelines If You Care To Follow Guidelines That Is

Please pick only one. No elaborate ties unless you're cool like!

Please give reason's as to why it has the greatest stroy of all time that extend beyond "Zomg it OWnz Haxxor 337". Said reasons obviously don't have to include a synopsis or anything, but at least write something pertinent.

Please don't just put your favorite manga. I'm sure it's quite possible that your favorite manga may well indeed have a story that captivating, however, I am not naive enough to realize where this thread is, or the mainstream. In essence, what I'm trying to say is don't be a fanboy. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
    <---Hopes People mention some "obscure stuff" I never would have known existed...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Zaru ________________________________ Retired Staff

Angel Sanctuary.

Definitely. It's not my favourite manga, but the story was so ZOMGLOLWTF.

It was all about a conflict between several groups inbetween the citizens of hell and heaven, plus there was god and some humans.

The story, especially the ending, is quite complex and I had to read it twice to understand some parts.

Plus there is i*c*st and Luzifer :drool

3. Mugiwara Imagine

I think Fullmetal Alchemist had a really great story... I can't really tell why... it was somehow.. Well told and well planned. I don't know why, but I really got attached to the story!

4. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

I would say Rurouni Kenshin even though it's one of my favorites :amuse The story revolves around Kenshin's past mostly except for the Kyoto arc, which is anohter story. Basically, the cross-shaped scar on Kenshin's face makes him an unforgettable character.

If you haven't read the manga, go away :yell
    Spoiler:
    First of all, Kenshin received his 1st scar after killing a person who would marry Tomoe, Kenshin's beloved in the future. His scar doesn't go away because the hatred left by it is so strong. Also, Kenshin accidentally kills Tomoe who he promised to protect with his life and he becomes very depressed. He received a scar by Tomoe when she tried intervene in Kenshin's battle. His past haunts him later after a couple of years, which leads to the Jinchuu arc. Tomoe's brother, Enishi, planned to avenge Tomoe by making Kenshin suffer.

Of course, Kenshin is able to resolve his problem and he ends up with another chance to protect Kaoru forever. So...yes, I love the story in RK and I feel it's one of the most dramatic plots in history :cry

5. RyRyMini boys don't cry

I'd say Fruits Basket. It starts out a bit not-so-greatest-storyline, but then it gets WAYYYY better, and is almost to the point of addicting.

The 13 Chinese Zodiac animals are people, but when hugged, they transform. The cat carries the curse of not being able to be accepted into that. The god intiminates them into doing whatever "it" wants them to.

6. Hokage Naruto Well-Known Member

20th Century Boys.

Throughout the manga characters are remembering their childhood years to beat Friend, whom was one of their friends at childhood. What the main characters took as a fun kids game, one of their friends took the game to the next level with bacteria warfare and robots. The 'friend' who is doing all this is exalted as a God with all these inhuman things, while the main chracters who are trying to stop him are considered the evill ones.

So many twists, turns and suprises in the manga that it's unpredictable and has left many readers wondering whats going to happen next. Its my favorite manga because of its storyline one of the best and underrated mangas out there.

7. Dagda_Mor I really need more sleep.

For me, easily Berserk. We've followed the protagonist throughout his entire life, he's battling against what is essentially the world itself, there's amazing character depth and evolution. . .easily Berserk.

8. Tokio_no_Go Respect the Burden

Hrm this is very hard...

BECK has so much feeling to it and made me start guitar which in quite a way has changed my life. The story is so simple, a kid with no goal gets ingrossed in the world of bands and guitar. It's hard to say what makes it so great, but everyone (and without exception) has said the manga was pure amazing.

Honey and Clover, again something that changed my life. It gave me a whole new outlook.The manga is about college students and trying to find your role in life, work and in love. Me being a college student having issues not knowing where Im going or what Im gonna do in life, this manga had great effect on me. I felt so much anxiety about life, yet somehow this manga calmed it. It made me feel like, just maybie, I wont fuck this up.

Gantz although this one didn't change my life (haha) it was very entertaining. I found it so engrossing I read it all in one sitting because I couldn't sleep. About survival and how far would you go to keep it. Add a lot of wtf moments and you have got a great manga...

Death Note, well I dont think I need to really explain this one. Psycological thriller of a boy trying to become god by ending all suffering in the world and another genius trying to stop him.

All of the manga above do have one thing in common I love. Time passing. In all the manga above years pass. Some more than others but there is a deffinate time passing feel. You see the characters grow and change and become something greater.

As much as I say I love these manga, those are even my favorite so I would like to think that I have given an objective and credible point of view. I wish you the best in your endeavors and plead you to give these great mangas a chance.