1. img
    We invite you to participate in the NF Christmas Event!
    Deadline to sign yourself up is December 8 at 6 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What really does Genjutsu do?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by nkon, May 29, 2007.

1. i don't understand what genjutsu does . imean it makes the opponent think of weird stuff by manipulating the opponets chakara. but can genjutsu kill. I mean kakashi said he almost die after itachi used the MS on him. i know the person feels the same things in gejutsu. but i mean if someone is been stabed in agebjutsu and the person feels it does that mean that the person can also die in the genjutsu and real life.
    Or does it jut put the opponent in a bad state of mind so that they can't think and battle effectively after the genjutsu.

So as may question says what is realy the power of genjutsu

Tags:
  2. Canute87

It attacks the mind so it can knock you out cold for days.

3. narutofangd

Most Genjutsu merely distract the person put under their spell giving the user the opotunity to strike

However the MS genjutsu can make the mind actually beleive it is in pain Kinda like the Matrix

We've also seen Gen that can make people faint or put them to sleep

And if i renember correctly in the fillers there was a clan that cast so real Illusions that if they created a fire it would actually burn

4. BearShare

It messes up the processing of the brain and disorts your brains control over the five senses.

5. Kuroro

Genjutsu controls the flow of chakra within the brain by manipulating one of the five senses. This in turn causes some kind of illusion to befall the opponent. People like Kurenai and Itachi are skilled enough to cast genjutsu which has the potential to kill.

6. Fate of Destiny

Without the drowsy effects.

7. Midomaru

Like in The Netherlands when you go to Amsterdam you can buy genjutsu everywhere.

8. PradaBrada

9. Kusogitsune

10. Crimson2Phoenix7

11. Rokudaime

Genjutsu = abnormal status attack of Narutoverse

Just think of Final Fantasy or other RPG series's abnormal status attack such as "Sleep,Stop,Slow,Paralyse,Confuse, Death and etc"

At least this is what I always thought.

12. onimaru

genjutsu makes you go to sleep or see islutoin

13. Astaroth

Win. I also know of a clan of powerful genjutsu-users. They're called hippies. They're not very useful though, as they mainly use their genjutsu on themselves.

On topic: it can be used for anything: torture, mind-control, or distracting somebody long enough to stick a kunai in his neck. You can also get pursuers off your trail by using genjutsu to lead them away, or get them to kill their own partners by making them look like the enemy.

14. Chaos Hokage

If you read X-Men comics (especially ones showing Xavier, Jean, Emma, or X-Man using their powers), then you would understand how genjutsu really works. If you don't read X-Men comics, then you seriously should.

15. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

I don't think genjutsu can actually kill anyone at all, with the exception of MS-related genjutsu of course.

16. vagnard

-the ability to kill people through mental breakdown (Tsukiyomi)
    -the ability to deceive people controlling their five senses to make them miss an attack, waste time, confuse, cause fear, etc (Rain Ninjas)
    -mind control or hypnosis (see the prostitute Itachi used to fool Jiraiya)
    -Paralize people (Itachi's binding genjutsu)

17. Kylinsky

Genjutsu is when a Ninja manipulates someone elses chakra, using it against them to befuddle thier senses, very few have shown anything other than visual genjutsu, but Shikamaru has mentioned that they exist for all 5 senses, with Sound being the most troublesome.

Many do not require handsigns, some require visual or auditory contact, some can be used without either in a sneak attack, and some can effect an entire area and everyone inside of it. Applications range from misdirection and disorientation, to phantom opponents, to paralyzes and sleep, to hypnotic suggestion, to elaborate fantasy scenarios taking place entirely in the recipients mind.

Basically its an 'I Win' button against the unprepared.

18. MangekyoMaster

Genjutsu cannot kill a person directly(except for Tsukyomi), but they can fool the person into killing himself.

19. AbnormallyNormal

Lmao, this is so ridiculous. It's so fuckin convenient that people are confused when it gets explained. Lol, wow.

21. Yakushi Kabuto

Hm, I always thought that although genjustu can't kill a person through the method they see I can believe that it can scare a person to death, you know, dying of fright, getting a heart attack, or somesuch thing.

22. Petipuf

Genjutsu cannot kill a person directly. It basically allows the opponent to control one's chakra supply and transportation system around their brain to confuse their five senses. The illusions/pain caused by a genjutsu can cause severe damage or even death if it forces the victim to kill themselves. It is a tricky type of attack. What I don't understand is how one can be dispelled by saying "dispel". What kind of technique is that?

23. kingofping4

Has it actually been stated that Tsukuyomi can kill? It's been shown that it can make you relive any moment repeatedly for what seems to be three days, though is only a few seconds. It it also shown that Itachi chooses the moment for his victim to relive.

But can he actually convince the body that it's dead? Can it say to the brain "hey, you're disconnected from the body" and then the brain stops functioning? Can it say to the heart "hey, the brain is gone so stop pumping" and the heart stops?

I don't know if these questions can be answered, because so far Itachi has shown no killing intent other than with the clan, and according to what he showed Sasuke he did the killing with his sword and other ninja skills.

24. so from what u guys say genjutsu has the power to not only mess up the five senses but also can be able to kill .