1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

What to do with the section

Discussion in 'Art Contests and Competitions' started by ane, Feb 28, 2017.

1. ane Advisor

Activity is obviously dying so we need new ideas.

For now someone suggested that we get a new banner, and a new contest for it. I think that would be good. Another thing I have been thinking for a while is merging Art Exhibit with Requests & Giveaways. And maybe broaden what can be posted in here. Another suggestion was renaming the section to Hidden Village of Creativity, so we can have new things posted.

And I don't know if we will be allowed to stay as a single section with the current levels of activity. If we have to move, I have been told that Konoha Mall might be fitting for HVoA, although personally I think that Downtown Konoha fits better because we are mostly focused on staff that members do.

So what do you think? Or do you have any other ideas?

Tags:
  2. Nello Well-Known Member

r/photoshopbattles :heart

3. ane Advisor

4. ane Advisor

5. ane Advisor

6. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Unfortunately, the forum just isn't that active anymore. I think the number of contests (in my opinion) is fine. To maximize participation, you'll simply need more activity on the forum to start with. I don't have any contest ideas but seeing a new HVoA banner more frequently would be nice.

Not on board with renaming HVoA to HVoC.

7. Shroomsday Too Classy to be Right Retired Staff

One Forum, work with the staff to reduce the global number of Forums.

The issue with the dilution of activity is that it means people are less inclined to bother as they have so little audience. Maybe try running art contests in other Forums with subjects relevant to the section (but avoid making sub-sections like Naruto Fanworks).

8. Eros banned

United States
    Catdank Faction:
    I pretty well agree with this. Also, we have not had a BH banner contest in quite some time. That's something that needs to happen again soon. With the new Adult Art section, there could also be a BH/Study in Nude Contest featuring Hentai-based avatars and signatures. Obviously, people can't use them on NF, but there are places where they can be, as I have no doubt that some members frequent hentai niche sites as well.

There could also be contests involving the creation of memes, which is what the CB and Blender are often centered around. There could be One Piece and Naruto/Baruto signature and avatar contests as well. Dragonball is another one worth consideration.

9. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

Most of this sounds good but don't rename it.

If you rename it now while few people are active, they might not find it again. Most people here already know it as the village of art, so I recommend you keep that name as it is the brand.

But if you guys want to expand the section for new types of entries, that's fine, and can still be considered art. I think that's a nice idea.

I also agree that cutting back on other sections is a good idea, getting a banner closer to the top of the page, and maybe even promote a link to the HVOA in the top banner for a week or two to see if this can improve traffic to the section for competitions.

10. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

The tumblr is a good idea, it will be a great way to attract artiest, the weekly contest drives them to improve themselves. Which by side effect should increase people posting exhibition work here. You have to reach out to the right people..

As for merging, I think requests and give away can be merged with this with minimal impact. It might increase activity overall if everything is in one neat space.

If we are taking recommendations for the contests, I'd say size them down a bit and add a more dynamic contest system. Not the same kind of art contest each week and encourage people to participate in avenue's they are not familiar with.

11. Alwaysmind Lunesdi al vespre.

Switzerland, Canada, China
    Or we could have a mandatory weekly painting contest. Paint something and post it on the forum.

12. Table NarUt0 iz mai sp1rit animul

I'm not artistic and have 0 hand eye coordination so it's hard for me to join competitions... My only contribution to this section is stealing avatars. But! I don't like when things die.... so maybe you could try to either integrate this with another section as a sub section or start trying to draw in non-artistic members. Maybe doing a comic contest and the winner is featured the next week in a "caption the comic" contest. Or maybe pictionary type contests where very vague details are given and whomever draws the object wins. Idk, I just want sparkles yo.

13. ane Advisor

New competition:

Also, I will start a new banner competition soon :skysun

14. ane Advisor

New banner contest:

15. Robin Overdrive

I'm reeeeeaaaaallly busy with school, it's my last semester of grad school, so gotta finish this up fast, and then in the summer I'll participate more. Thanks ane for sending notices to us.