1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

What took so long?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by COWBOYX, Nov 5, 2005.

1. COWBOYX I AM KIRA...

Why did it take so long for the English version to be shown on cartoon network?:cool

Tags:
  2. Gotex [Insert title here]

EDIT- I thought 4Kids, well thats what you get for watching 60 episodes of One Piece. I still think some of the dub voices are butchered like One Piece dub

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  3. TenshiOni Active Member

^4kids did NOT do Naruto, where did you get that? Viz Media did and we should all be thanking God for that. :faint

It took them 8 months to dub it. If you ask me, considering all the VAs they had to get that perfectly fit the characters, that's freakin' fast.

4. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

^ Agreed. For the high quality of the Naruto dub 8 months is incrediably fast.

5. R_Lee86 Asshole

Do you realise how much would be cut out if 4kids had gotten it?

6. TheChoji Banned

Yeah, Garra probably wouldn't even be in the story.

7. icoselitham Lost

I think Naruto is pretty recent. It didn't take soo long. Its popularity had to grow in Japan then it had to be dubbed. Look at DBZ GT. It took forever for it to show the final episode even though it was several years old.

8. Jikan225 New Member

Well at least we have it on here. Plus most japanese animes have to be very popular in japan for them to be brought over here.

9. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

It didn't take long to get shown on Cartoon Network at all. In fact it was shown remarkably quickly after it was licensed.

What took so long was the licensing. And I don't know why that took so long. It probably had more to do with Naruto's anime producers/creators than anything else. Does Studio Pierrot do Naruto?

Anime series are getting American licensors/distributors a lot quicker nowadays. So quick that shows like Fullmetal Alchemist basically start showing on US TV right after they wrap-up in Japan.

Geneon started releasing Samurai Champloo DVD's in the US before the series was even finished with its original broadcast in Japan.

10. hakke Bird in a cage...

The only logical reason is money, license per episode was probably to damn high, as Naruto was the hottest thing for a while, and nobody wanted to pay that much. The deal Viz got was probably still pretty expensive, but now with research showing they would get their money's worth.

11. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Viz is doing fine I imagine, having licensed the manga for Naruto and FMA. FMA's one of the best selling graphic novels in the country. So Viz/Shopro can certainly afford the anime now I imagine.

12. DarkHokage Uchiha Surviver

Um.. Yea it took a while to get to USA. After i saw 6 episodes Here in U.S i thought "wow too long to get good" So i decided to join and download Jap Episodes. Also one thing Naruto isn't annoying in the Jap versions. Hes more of a worthy ninja for the only reason that he dosen't "Believe It".

13. kakashi1234 legendary ninja

There doing pretty good at the shows unlike if 4kids edited it.then there would be probably no action in the story.its like TheChoji said if 4kids got it gaara wouldnt even probably be in naruto wich would cut out some good stuff and everything.

14. Greed00 The Ultimate Shield

Probably from the time it took to translate the show.. :cool