1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

What tropes do you hate?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Jonavity, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Jonavity Neko

Sweden
    Tropes=Typical elements in a story

It was a all a dream. (Whole story was a dream a character was having)
    A villain turning to the good side. (Aside from when it's well written like with Kaiba or Vegeta)
    A villain getting hyped up a lot only to get one-shot (aside from when it's well written like with the Bellamy one-shot in OP)

Tags:
  2. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

a lot of these were in One Punch man :lmao

3. Jonavity Neko

Sweden
    That's why i put the aside from when it's well written, lol. In OPM that's the point of the story so it's excusable. Also the one shots are usually so well drawn it kind of makes up for it even out of context.

4. Imagine

Never been a fan of wimpy protagonists or whinny antagonists.

5. Mider Transylvania VM Zombie

6. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

7. Nugget King of the Nuggets

I guess high school type anime that has some regular looking kid getting special powers or abilities out of the blue :panders

8. Morglay .

I dislike characters that are there to just explain shit that is happening - mainly during fights. It's a page or 2 of the writer touching themselves to how smart they are. If it's the participants figuring shit out fair enough but some random voyeur is just creepy.

9. David an accident

10. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    This ... So fucking this. Combat commentator just ticks me off. Especially when they like comment everything !

11. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

1) excessive hero worship/wank where nearly the whole cast have a wankfest over the MC.

So cringy and annoying

2) "I did all these terrible, twisted evil things, but I do one small good thing and I get spared or hailed/praised as a Hero"

dumb

12. Rifulofthewest Active Member

When all of events or characters are conected, thats was a forced convenience.
    When a character makes something horrible, specially when another character do something similar and everybody hates him, but no one are angry with him or consider bad his actions (I hate a lot of characters of Buffy for this)
    And when all the important characters are in the same group or city, or country (it depends of how global the scenary was, but when the danger is afected all the world, make than the importants characters in plot are in the same school, makes me cry for lazy write)
    And when the hero and the good boys are equal or bad than the antagonist, and the narrative still pretends that we should still suport the first group. Is just like me thinking "fuck you, autor!, I want Irako Seigen kill all of them!"

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  13. Sequester Most Prolific Catfish of the Four Kingdoms

I hate it when the protagonist is the center of the universe, and is the only one who can solve any conflict, while characters who are supposedly more qualified fail.

Coupled with that I hate it when side characters stand in awe of their particular shonen Jesus.

I hate when the protagonist gets a transformation and all of a sudden they have to transform by default for every subsequent confict, because everything conveniently escalates. This leads to the initial significance of the transformation being watered down, appearing unimpressive... Then the cycle continues by adding a never ending amount of new transformations

Not a fan of anything Tsundere, it is insanely common in anime and I don't find it to be a believable depiction of a relationship.... Helga from Hey Arnold! Can go fuck herself.

Conversely, I don't like the boring innocent love interest who always has the best intentions. I swear that character archetype sounds like it always has the same voice actress. I also hate that obligatory episode in every anime that centers around this character. They are always doing something lame like gardening, or having to Ganbarimasu! to prepare a fucking bento lunch box for the characters who are actually doing something compelling.

14. Harmonie Crazy Woodwind Lady

I don't like false deaths/sacrifices. I get it is nice to have a happy ending every once in a while, but this is so overplayed in Shonen series. It destroys the impact of any deaths that might actually be true. Eventually you can no longer take seriously anything that is happening.

I also don't much care for the 'master of the main villain" trope. You know, like Babadi from DBZ, or Kira's father from JJBA: Diamond is Unbreakable. It's not so much their role, as it is that they are just made incredibly annoying. They always take on a commentary role, somewhere off on the sidelines where magical plot armor keeps them from being taken down by the protagonists, have very annoying voices, and overreact to anything that happens to the villain even if it is obvious it is not actually going to harm them.

15. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

:ufdup

16. Roƅ Suck my dick, Suit

Germany
    A handful of Shounen-tropes.

I'd actually be willing to say that having that one useless, panel-wasting female character as part of the MC's group is just a trope at this point. Sakura, Orihime etc.

Can't stand when the humor is cringy and just over the top. In a lot of Shounen you'll have these "comedic" moments of MC's and their friends screaming at each other. Idk how else to explain it, but it sucks. Good humor is like when Crocus met Sanji in One Piece.

I also hate-hate-hate it when authors introduce a huge villainous group but decide to actually waste panel-time on like 20 different characters, thoroughly explaining their abilities and such just to have them be absolute fodder. Kubo-syndrome basically.

17. Keishin Well-Known Member

Amnesia plot whether its a minute or 20 episodes that they focus on it, almost always been trash

18. Torpedo Titz Degenerate Daimyo

England
    Small tits

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Azula .

When the romance comes down to choosing between the new transfer student vs the old childhood friend. :gglife

Why not two childhood friends? :catspaz

20. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

Child hood friends getting cucked
    The last minute humanization of villains in a cheap attempt to get us to sympathize with them
    Really anything involving teen romance (minus yuri)
    Female characters that can't do anything without their male counter-part
    MC wank fests
    Scenes where two characters want to talk to each other but just miss each due some random interference like a car passing between blocking their site of each other, or them going to each others rooms but not being there

21. Ignition Bloodsucker

Characters shouting or/and explaining how their abilities/techniques work to the enemy. So freaking dumb.

22. Izumi Uchiha Mysterious girl with a sharingan

I don't like it when the main character always has to be the one to handle a problem and where everything only revolves around them with the other main characters not getting much to do because of that.

23. nyugimon Too big.

the trope i like the most is invincible villain and the worf effect (e.g.: aizen godmodding on everyone and then ichigo comes and rapes him in the ass repeatedly)

the only trope i can name off the top of my head that i don't like is offscreen moment of awesome. i like to see when cool characters are fighting :):