1. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries: February 29th by 12:00pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Bounced e-Mails Issue

Some accounts cannot post in NF anymore due to an e-mail related issue!
    If you are among those members, please, check this thread for more information about how to proceed!
    Or create a support ticket by going here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What will become of Gutts' son?

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of January 08' started by AbnormallyNormal, Jan 1, 2008.

1. AbnormallyNormal

He was tainted with evil, will he be the "final villian" instead of griffith?

Tags:
  2. Zaru Retired Staff

That would mean Berserk gets even longer.

I think his role will be different, but I don't know how.

3. Zephos

Jesus dude...

Did you completely skip the Albion arc or what?

4. AbnormallyNormal

well i assume the black haired kid they ran into on that beach is his son

5. Zephos

Regardless of what you assume, we KNOW that the evil tainted demon son your talking about became the physical body for Griffith reborn.

6. Red

7. Muk

griffith did "save" casca from any collateral damage so he may have evicted out the "son" from his physical body and given it a new body?

that brings me to an idea .... namely what if griffith is connected to this black boy physical body? say if the black boy dies, so does griffith physical body

8. Shikashi

Guts is gonna kill the kid then? I kid, I kid...

Edit, now that I take it more seriously, you may be onto something there. It wouldn't be far fetched to assume that, if the kid is indeed Guts son and if the connection you mentioned exists, Miura won't force Guts to chose between killing his kid and Griffith in the process or let the kid and Griffith live.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  9. Sasori

Sorry but where or what vol/chaps can I find this black boy/son woteva in?

10. Zaru Retired Staff

I also kinda don't get how you get the idea that it's griff's body. It's been a while since I read berserk, but... I just can't remember anything like that.

11. Sasori

People are saying small boy or someone's son or something but all I remember is a small loli child cos I fapped to it.

12. Lord Genome

He was on the beach battle with the gators, it was soon after Gutts got the berserker armor

13. Sasori

Was she the loli girl that stood in front of Gutts in Beserker mode about to attack Farnese and the gang?

Cos yea that was a girl.

14. Sess

Caska's Deformed Demon Fetus - Beginning of Volume 20:
    Griffith was reborn in the eclipse that was the culmination of the Albion arc with the Vatican inquisitors that were torturing innocent people and tried to burn Caska as a witch. Remember there was that weird guy hiding in the mass graves that turned out to be a walking, talking behelit. Skull Knight had a few words with him along with Luka, the prostitute that fell down the side of the stone wall. Also there was the deformed demon fetus that came out of Caska. The walking-talking-egg-of-the-new-world and the deformed-demon-fetus were used up in the incarnation ceremony for Griffith.

Little Naked Kid on the Beach - Beginning of Volume 28:
    This happens shortly after the big battle with Guts' new berserker armor. They're on the beach having a conversation with Skull Knight about the lord of the elves, the Hanafubuku King. This is also where Skull Knight says that the Elf King can restore Caska's memories, but he also plants the seed of doubt in Guts' mind and our minds (that bastard!) when he says that what Guts wants (Caska's memories back) may not be what she wants. So then Caska's out walking along the beach and comes accross the naked kid and gets all motherly. Then there's some nice scenes in their little hut where Caska's feeding the kid and he starts crawling around Guts and they look like a family for a brief moment. But then some big fucking crocodile monsters attack and ruin that scene, the dicks. The fight lasts several chapters, and Caska is holding the kid during all of them. Then when the fight concludes, the child all of a sudden is gone and they can't find him. The end.

15. Sasori

^ Doesn't the kid jump in front of Gutts in Berserker mode to stop him from slaughtering Caska, Farnese etc..?

16. Sess

Um... I can't remember for sure. I think the kid has shown up since that scene on the beach, but I don't want to go through 13 volumes looking for one scene right now...

17. Yak

Since his son is kind of Griffith and he still seems to harbor some emotions towards both his former friend and 'father', it might be the key to defeat Griffith or change his ways later in the story. Otherwise I don't see how Gutts ever plans to even remotely touch Griffith or the remaining God Hand whatsoever. The power gap is still ridiculous.

18. Delta Shell

Also, yeah I was kinda confused. I think the physical body of Gatts's son became Griffith. The "soul" got ejected and is that naked black haired kid on the beach. Gatts actually cares about his son too, when he met the black haired kid he was like "wonder how my demon baby is doing" awwwwww. Weird because his demon baby is Griffith. Gatts is Griffith's dad man. TRIPPY.

19. Sasori

Ok from reading this thread, I think it's theory time :LOS:

So Griffith is basically reborn into Gutt's son right?

That was one way for him to merge with the material/mortal world.

Due to the way the material and etheral are now so intertwined, killing Gutt's son (Griffith's mortal body) will kill Griffith too.

But this is where the dilemma is, the "choice" SK mentioned Gutts would have to choose.

Revenge? or Love? (Love for Caska, and not kill their child).

20. Sess

Griffith was reborn using Guts and Caska's deformed demon fetus, right?

Well then all Guts has to do is travel back in time and kill his father, which is Griffith's grandfather, thereby preventing Griffith from having ever been born!

Oh damn! I love myself!

21. Perverted_Jiraiya

I would hate it of Gutts manage to kill Griffith just becouse Gutts son interferes with Griffiths in someway.

22. Sasori

23. Segan

I personally believe that the black-haired kid from the beach is another mysterious plot participant, whose identity has yet to be revealed.

But Guts' son is now the host of Griffith's soul, that one should be clear to everyone. And the son's soul also emerged with Griffith's soul (pointed out on the hill of the swords).

Guts' thoughts about the demon child is most likely misleading, intentionally set up by Miura.