1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Voting is live in the KCC Short Story Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice

What will Gaara be like, now that he can sleep peacefully

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Coaxmetal, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Coaxmetal

I've seen several threads talking about how he would fight after loosing his Bijuu, BUT, I have seen nothing really about possible changes in his general attitude and personally. Also, I have not seen the issue of him now being able to sleep being brought up in any of these conversations. He has been an insomniac his entire life, but now he can actually sleep peacefully. What kind of effect would that have on him? Also, what kind of effect is he getting from not having to worry about going crazy?

Please discuss.

Tags:
  2. Croagunk

Maybe he's been awake so long that he simply CAN'T anymore. I don't know if it's possible, but he's been awake for, what, going on 16 years? After that, I think he'd be just fine without sleep.

As for general attitude, I think he'll be the same. He's changedtremendously over the timeskip, and he needs to keep that attitude: it's the best one he can get.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  3. Halcyon Days

I really dont think that gaara wil change at all. I say he will still be up every waking day trainng, but the villagers have no reason not to dislkie him anymore since the shukaku has been removed from him.

4. Shadow Slayer

Gaara will still be the same way he was right before Bijuu extraction. He just won't be hated as much or at least he shouldn't be hated as much.

5. Snakety69

I'm guessin he probably slept for like what, a month. After that, he probably got up, and started training his ass off.

As for personality, he'll probably wind down a little and show some more emotion.

6. Godeiche

He'll retire from his Nija life and become a rockstar by doing a cover of "Sweet Dreams", and releasing a remake of Louis Armstrong's song, "When it's sleepy time down south". And have tons of friends and money.

7. Captain Gir

if he slept for a month, how often do u think he will wake up to take a pee?? :p

8. smyton

Well I think the darkness around his eyes will disappear as he can now sleep and since he wont go mental, he'll stop pulling out his eyebrows so they'll grow back ^_^

9. opie

i think it's time for him to go for a long long hibernation..

10. Kinjishi

he will definitely be less cranky thats for sure.

11. Hamaru

I think that he will like it so much that he wont want to wake up lol!

12. Refused

he probably wont sleep at all. without the knowledge of how to sleep for the past 16 years he probably will either take him time to sleep or he just wont.

plus maybe he doesnt want to sleep :wink staying up all night training could hav e its advantages :amuse

13. Batninja

He is too used to not going to sleep, so I think he will start drinking. soon after he will have a bad drinking problem. Then soon, not too soon, but soon he will fight rock lee because he drank his last bottle of sake.

14. WhiteCherryBlossom

Maybe he'll just sleep like any normal person, no idea really...

15. Eruravenne

I always wondered about that, too. I came up with the idea that he might be like a baby. Napping for very short periods of time all throughout the day and night which would gradually get longer and farther apart until he is to the point where he can sleep through the night and stay up through the day.

I'm sure he's aware how sleep is important to the human body (and mind), so he probably is trying to get himself to that point. However, I don't think he will ever be a heavy sleeper. After all those years of being afraid to sleep, he's most definately scarred for life. Since he's a ninja and a kage, being a light sleeper and able to wake up easily seems rather useful, though.

16. Missing_Nin

I've already did a picture of what he would look like in a different thread. I don't think he'll lose his eyeliners, but it was just for fun:):

Happiness! - 01 [Shiawase][H264]

17. Kaitlyn

When I think of the new Gaara.....for some strange reason, I get this image of Roy Mustang in my mind........I don't know why......it must be the infamous 37th episode of FMA that leads to this...

18. Jh1stgen

19. ParkingLot_PIMP

He'll wake up just in time to see naruto become hokage.....

22. Purely Sadistic

He won't have those rings under his eyes anymore.

23. Sho

He won't be capable of sleeping if he's been without it for such a long period of time. He'll continue to stay awake because that's what his body is used to.

There was a news story about a farmer in Vietnam months back who hasn't slept for 33 years, so this isn't something impossible.

24. QuoNina

But Gaara went from having Shukuku to provide him extra endurance to lack of that chakra reserve. He might start to get sleepy even he did not go to sleep in the past.
    hm... happier, healthier, ... taller.

25. Chamcham Trigger

damn Sho. You posted that with backup. Nice work.
    I used to think that if you didn't sleep for 7 days, it'd result in death. At least that's what someone told me when I wa young, and it's just one of those things you never correct since it's not really that common to talk about I guess.

Either way, I figure on the off chance that he'd be able to sleep, if Sho's research was not known by Kishimoto, then he'd possibly have the same attitude he has now. He didn't seem that unstable in this time period anyway.

26. Dark Uchiha

"Medical Insomnia is classified as not being able to sleep (or unable to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time). Deliberately staying awake does not constitute insomnia."

so i think... gaara never had two cycles of rem sleep, supported by boss frog as shukaku eats away ur personality when sleeping so.. i'd say he didnt get much sleep since.. his personality looked to have been munched upon

27. SpoonTypeR

28. The Pink Ninja

On the one hand he'll be happier that he can sleep and that everyone cared about him enough to come rescue him and that Suna is safe and that he's gotten rid of his demon.

On the other hand he's weaker now, it's harder to protect his village, he died and came abck after being tortured for three days and some of his elders tried to overthrow him.

29. Oahgneg

(Gaara wakes up from sleep, looks into bathroom mirror)

Gaara: Hey! Where my eye rings gone?!(steps out of bathroom)
    Yo, Temari! Can I borrow your eyeliner?

Temari: What do you need that for? And besides, I don't have any.

Gaara: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE? YOU GO ON DATES WITH THAT SHIKAMARU!! 'COURSE YOU USE EYELINER!!

smile-big

30. Blargal

Sorry but I don't believe that article about the guy not sleeping for years... People need sleep to live a healthy life, thats why we fall asleep.

Now this is in real life, in manga, well skies the limit, tho it would be akward if Garaa lost his eye rings... It's the only compensation for his lack of eye brows ^^