1. Konoha Library has been renamed to New Leaf. Konoha TV will soon be (or has been) archived. For Naruto/Boruto manga AND ANIME discussion, go to

New Leaf
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  5. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  6. Our latest NF Newsletter is out (November), read it here!
  7. It's that time of the year when everyone spreads good and magic things, to enter in the Christmas Spirit full of art HVoA invites you to

✵ Join the NF Christmas Extravaganza ✵
  8. 。◕‿‿◕。 Gobble gobble! Turkey day is nearing fast so hop on by to NFs Thanksgiving Raffle and give thanks to those that matter the most to you, win some goodies in the process too!
  9. It's that time again, where a certain lazy rodent refuses to host a wonderful NE-centric game. Come play the 2nd Mafia Game

in the Nigerian Embassy (formally known as the Chatterbox) hosted by the one and only WAD! Test your skills, shitpost like no tomorrow!

...There's a prize if you win.

What Would I Do If My Parents Died Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Nov 12, 2017.

1. DemonDragonJ I've Just Seen a Face

I have previously stated that I still live with my parents because I do not yet have a permanent job in my preferred field, so I now am wondering what I would do if my parents were to die unexpectedly, a thought that is far too disturbing for me to consider.

As the next of kin for both of my parents, I would inherit everything that they own, including our current house, but I would not be able to afford paying the various expenses associated with it; even if I sold it and moved into a smaller and less expensive house, my current income is still not sufficient to cover the expenses of owning a household. I am, in fact, working a 40-hour-per-week job at the present time, one that pays well, but it will last only until the end of this year, so it will not be able to support me for any significant duration.

I also cannot move in with my grandmother, because she is 87 and the shock of losing one of her daughters, my mother, would likely be too much for her to handle, my brother, because he currently lives in Albany, NY, or any of my close friends, because I could never impose upon them in such a manner and they likely cannot afford to have another person living in their homes, either. No matter how I examine the situation, without a permanent and full-time job, I would be in dire peril if my parents died without warning. As a side note, I have no trouble revealing the name of the town in which my brother lives, because it is massive city that is known across the country, while my own town is a small town that few people outside of my state have heard of.

What does everyone else say about this subject? What would I do if my parents died tomorrow?

2. sworder    

maybe start searching for a permanent job

3. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

Here's what I'll think: Unless your family hates you, they're not going to abandon you and leave you on the street.

But a way to "prevent" this situation from happening (not the parents part, if only that were possible), your best bet is to find an employment that fits your skillsets. For example, you said you're good at technology, so you can work for places like the Apple stores or Best Buy, where you can build up your skills and possibly rise up in the ranks (or just build them up for your Resume).
    The problem about this one is that it'll take time and effort. It won't solve your problem overnight, because this tragedy could happen anytime.

4. John Wick blurgh

he lives in their house, he'd probably carry on living their while their estate goes through probate is they don't have a will in place.

most responsible adults have this thing called a critical illness policy I have one my parents do it means in the event of their death I get a big pay out, and in the event of mine my brother gets one.

5. DemonDragonJ I've Just Seen a Face

That is what I have been doing since I graduated from college in 2009, and I have had no success, thus far.

@Darkmatter, there is no way that I would work for Best Buy or Apple, unless it was in a corporate office, not in a retail store, since all of my previous technical support positions have been in corporate environments, and it is below my dignity to work in retail.

My parents most certainly have a will, and I have been working on my own, as well, but it is not yet finished. I do not know if they have a critical illness policy, but I can certainly ask them about that.

6. Ashi Ka-Ka!

I'm assuming your parents have life insurance correct?

7. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

You've underestimate the retail stores. You're not working in a retail store forever; you're going to build up a reputation, because not only will it look good on your resume, it will also allow people in your workplace to acknowledge that you're good at something.

Yeah, it's understandable that you can't find a job of your field, that's why I said it's better to start in small places like working in Apple or Best Buy, because they're known for their technology.

8. Mider T VM Rapist

Nothing is below your dignity if you're unemployed. That haughty attitude isn't doing you any favors.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Zatch Active Member

Banana dolphin is a shark in this thread. :catflowuh

On a serious note, if you look at the thread titles you've created in the past three months, there's an alarming pattern. I would advise you to seek counseling and psychological help rather than continuing to post here for definitive solutions. I don't mean to sound rude or cheeky, but in all sincerity, I think you need professional assistance to alleviate your anxiety and worries. Nothing shameful in looking for it.

10. savior2005 Well-Known Member

First off, how old are you op, and provide more specific info if possible (marital status, current salary, expected future salary, cost of living at your location). Any and all extra info would be more helpful. I'll provide some tips because I also thought to myself about "What would I do if my parents passed" earlier this year:

Learn the difference between things you NEED and things you WANT.

Get a permanent job. Maybe 2 jobs in fact if you need extra money (one part time, one full time). One decent job should be enough, but if you're the kind of person who needs the "newest thing" like Iphone X or new car, then you may need 2 jobs.

You do not need to live in a house if you can't afford it. Get a cheap apartment/studio. No point buying a house, it doesn't go with you when you pass away.

Consider stuff like foodstamps.

There are plenty of ppl out there living off minimum wage. Are they living ideal lives and getting what they want? No. But they are living nonetheless and more or less have what they need. Whatever job you get, don't stop your growth in that job, unless you get a better opportunity working somewhere else. A shitty job is better than no job. I assume you will get the job you desire, but if you don't, get any job you can and keep on interviewing.
    It's very sad to be thinking of stuff like this at the thought of our parent's passing away, but it's bound to eventually happen :(

11. RemChu Mass Destruction ★

You'd probably make a thread asking us what to do for the funeral.

:puppers (Don't b-ban me)

You could sell the house and move in with your Brother...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. EJ cereal and cartoons on a saturday mornin' bitch

If you aren't doing so right now, you should be putting money away...I don't care what anyone is doing, if you're able to put money away and don't blow all of your paycheck somewhere. It's hard but it has to be done. You never know when an emergency can happen.

13. John Wick blurgh

Just say to your mum you're worried about her if your dad dies since he's not getting any younger and tyou don't want her to struggle do they have one in place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. DemonDragonJ I've Just Seen a Face

I am attempting to find a permanent job, but they are incredibly scarce, currently.

I have no intention of living in an apartment, because I have no desire to deal with landlords and rules about what behavior I can and cannot exhibit, and any money that I spend on rent could instead be spent on a mortgage.

15. Mider T VM Rapist

If that's what you can afford then that's what you can afford.

16. DemonDragonJ I've Just Seen a Face

Here is an analogy for you: paying rent is essentially paying someone else's mortgage; would you not rather pay your own mortgage than someone else's?

17. Mider T VM Rapist

Houses are more expensive than apartments because of the upkeep and all the expenses that come with them, most mortgages last decades because of the time and work people put into them. You don't have a job now and even when you get one it'll probably take some time to save up enough where you can pay monthly installments, have money for food, bills, transportation, etc. Apartment would be the smarter choice for you for awhile.

Btw, that wasn't an analogy.

18. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

Rent is simply a fee for using something (be it a good or service), whereas Mortgage is simply borrowing money from a Bank or Creditor to buy a house. Mortgage payments have a maturity date, rent doesn't.

19. John Wick blurgh

yeah but the financial crisis has fucked ya'll now most lenders ask for a ltv of like 70-80% which for example here in the uk means you need like £50k as a deposit going by average house prices.

Also idk about america but flats in busy urban areas are a good investment since they're cheaper and easier to shift because of it

20. savior2005 Well-Known Member

The Job market is pretty down right now, assuming you live in america (idk about other places in the world)...

Yes u can spend money on mortgage instead, but the overall expenses will be much higher with a house. you will have higher rates, waterbill, electric bill, gas bill etc. most if not all of this could POSSIBLY be avoided if you settle for an apartment.

I'm giving you advice on the worst case scenario. As in, you end up not getting your desired job, no will from parents, no family member will let u move in. Even if an apartment is not ideal, It'd be extremely foolish of you to try to get a house when you don't have the income to support it. I don't know cost of living where you live, but where I live, an apartment could be as low as $350 a month whereas mortage is much higher. And those same apartments will provide some utilities.

You should have a plan for the worst case scenario

21. John Wick blurgh

Also a house means more to tidy which is a ballache.

22. Zatch Active Member

You need to 1) get that therapist and 2) apply to a job in Antartica. They are always looking for people (specifically STEM... or those who want to do heavy lifting); the pay is above; and you basically have all your room and board provided via NSF.

23. mcpon14 Member

I would cry and wonder how I'm going to pay for the funeral, lol. :)

24. Aruarian Ensō // Reflection Eternal

Unlike your situation right now, amirite?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 12:43 PM
  25. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

Holy fucking shit, if that's true... :dammit

DDJ, YOU'RE ALREADY WORKING BELOW YOUR DIGNITY SCRUBBING DISHES FOR MONEY.

26. Zatch Active Member

27. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List