• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

What would need to happen?

ClannadFan

What would need to happen to change your mind on a topic that you've debated very strongly on?

By that I mean a highly debated topic, that you have a strong opinion on.

I ask this because from what I've observed, most people don't seem to care how much evidence is given, they just rather die on the hill that they've choose to stand on.

So if the judges said you were wrong, you would really go with it? What's a hot topic that you've got a strong opinion on?
No, I mean get a bunch of guys and have a proper debate. I'll be the audience and spectate.

Generally people put in alot more work in these formal debate and have convincing arguments.

ClannadFan

I'll give my example.

I strongly believe Admirals=Yonkou, with there being a very small difference from the weakest to the strongest out of the 2 groups.

If the Admirals got trolled to the extent Big Mom got trolled, I'd have to admit that that's not a good look. I do believe that Big Mom is the weakest of the top tiers, so if any other top tier got her same treatment then I'd have to think about thier placement a bit.

If Luffy after his mid fight power up, still can't compete with Kaido, but then fights an Admiral next arc before getting any more power ups, and wins, then that'd be another thing that would lead me to believe that maybe Yonkou>Admirals is real.

And just if the Admirals have a clearly bad showing in general. Like if any of them lose a 1v1 against a character that clearly isn't a top tier.

I just need real bad showings, not the exaggerated MF stuff the trolls pull out. If the evidence is clear then I have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

TheMoffinMan

90% of comments should not be taken seriously
It needs to be evidence that's not muddled by the plot. Some things needs to happen to move the plot forward or atleast in the direction Oda wants. For instance Kaido 1-shotting Luffy always felt like a plot tool to serve as both hype for Kaido and to put Luffy in Udon. I don't see that as evidence of Kaido being able to 1-shot anyone on pre-Udon Luffys level.

Same with Big Mom beeing yeeted out of Wano... and then Onigasima Castle... and then Onigashima Island... :skullrouge

Mihawk

Ashamed
What Sables said.

You move on. It’s not a life or death situation. You get proven wrong once, big deal. So what? If Marco gets one shotted or fodderized by a Yonko, I’ll take the L.

If Mihawk gets beat or captured by an Admiral or killed by Shiryu, ill take the L. I’ll be disappointed, but it’s not the end of the world. Worse comes to worse I’ll just drop the manga out of apathy.

As for arguing in favour for Doflamingo back in the day, it was an impossible battle anyways since Luffy and the Supernovas are bound to prevail from a narrative standpoint.

At the end of the day, it’s not about what side you take or which characters you like. What’s important is that objectivity prevails in a debate, unless we’re just joking around or posting memes.

Canute87

Nuke Imminent
I'll give my example.

I strongly believe Admirals=Yonkou, with there being a very small difference from the weakest to the strongest out of the 2 groups.

If the Admirals got trolled to the extent Big Mom got trolled, I'd have to admit that that's not a good look. I do believe that Big Mom is the weakest of the top tiers, so if any other top tier got her same treatment then I'd have to think about thier placement a bit.

If Luffy after his mid fight power up, still can't compete with Kaido, but then fights an Admiral next arc before getting any more power ups, and wins, then that'd be another thing that would lead me to believe that maybe Yonkou>Admirals is real.

And just if the Admirals have a clearly bad showing in general. Like if any of them lose a 1v1 against a character that clearly isn't a top tier.

I just need real bad showings, not the exaggerated MF stuff the trolls pull out. If the evidence is clear then I have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

The thing is as the admirals are not a necessicty in regards of story progression oda won't fuck around with them like he'll do with the yonkou.

Top Bottom