1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

WHat would Sakura do if Naruto told her he loved her at this point(newest anime)

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by tajoh111, Jun 30, 2005.

1. tajoh111

You can probaly tell that Naruto and Sakura have been getting along much better lately. Or atleast Sakura towards Naruto.

So what would happen you think if Naruto says his outright feeling towards Sakura right now. (He hasn't really shown everything he could have in the past).

Do you think she would beat him up or says he annoying like she has done in the past.

Would she say she doesn't like him that way and they are friends.

Or would she say she loves him too. :p

Recently it almost sickens me how much Naruto has done for her and she hasn't done any of the fawning she done towards Sasuke, towards Naruto.

But I thought maybe Naruto has to just say it at this point and Sakura is all his.

Spoiler:
    When Naruto showed he cared for Sasame Chan more than her after he finds out Sasame Chan is a girl, she obviously got jealous. I know it is filler and not from the manga, but personality wise, the manga is pretty consistent.

So do you think Naruto just has to pop the magic words at this point and she would be like Oh Naruto I love you.

Or would she be cold as a fish like she has done in the past.

Tags:
  2. Inactive Sabaku.No.Gaara

she already knows that naruto likes her alot...but she likes sasuke more..its a 2 way unrequianted love or watever.

3. Misk

Naruto would never do that because he knows that Sakura loves Sasuke and he would never come between them and unless Sasuke dies I think Sakura will stay attached to Sasuke

4. TippmannMan

Yea, if anything it would probably happen the other way around and Naruto would back away politely

5. unimatrixzer0

If that happen it would probably only confuse her. Since I know she knows that Naruto likes her, but saying he loves her would make it akweird between them.

6. cool2not

completely agree, too bad people tend to just ignore sasuke when dealing with narusaku.

7. MartialHorror

lol,

Well, the thing is,

I think it is more of a NaruSakuSasu.

The difference in all of this. Sakura wants Sasuke, Sasuke wants power, Naruto wants Sakura to be happy.

I do think Sakura will realize this. I think she will chose Naruto in the end, and I think Sasuke will be somewhat saddened yet happy she is able to find happiness.

I think Sasuke will die in the end as well, in a way, I think Naruto will too........but Sasuke has a much greater chance.

8. tajoh111

But I am thinking she is getting over the crush and just wants to save his life and future. How can she honestly love Sasuke, he done nothing for her, they don't even motivate each other to become better people unlike Naruto and Sakura.

Naruto makes Sakura stronger (Want to save her and make her happy at all costs)and Sakura wants to become stronger because of Naruto(wants to be useful because of him).

I think Sasuke brings out the worst in Sakura, this big cry baby that loses all self respect(picture of last meeting with Sasuke comes to mind). She can show her true self with Naruto, someone strong and loud. But with Sasuke, she is this dog that gets beaten and comes back for more.

Sure Sakura may know Naruto likes her, but maybe she wants him to admit it now so she doesn't have to give up so much pride. These type of anime romances are always like that.

E.g
    Ranma 1/2
    Inuyasha
    Dragon Ball Z

I think the only thing that prevents Sakura from loving Naruto is pride.

Example
    Spoilers

When she thought Naruto was dead in episode 140 and gave an outburst of emotion, when he showed he was alive, she was angry that she had embarrassed herself.

When she thought Sasuke died(Haku), she wasn't embarrased at all to show her emotions. Because it easy to admit feelings for him because he's always been the cool guy. It likes showing feeling towards a celebrity.

end of spoilers

Why do people think Sakura loves (not a crush) on Sasuke. He hasn't done anything.

He hasn't really saved her life.
    He hasn't said anything nice to her and has insulted her on occasion.
    All he says is I want to kill Itachi.

Does the above sound like a good recipe for love.

The basis for Sakura loving Sasuke is just as much as any other girl in Kanoha. Because he been just as cold to them as he has done with Sakura.

So should we say all the girls love Sasuke with all their hearts or should we says they all have crushes on him.

The possibility of any other girl getting Sasuke is just as good as Sakura's because their possibility of a relationship never grew at all.

Sasuke has done nothing to nourish a future relationship between the two, so Sakura crush(we all know it's a crush) cannot have developed into love. So please stop saying Sakura loves Sasuke.

Look at Naruto and Sakura, you cannot deny that their relationship has progressed. Sakura used to hate naruto, now when Naruto shows concern for her she puts on a super happy face and is touched. I think Sakura thinks of Naruto as more than a friend. Best friends in real life for example when they do something nice for you say thanks dude or some form of thanks. But when it more special than that(boyfriend and girlfriend), words cannot sometimes communicate these types of things anymore. In Sakura and naruto case, it tears or words that are expressed through a smile. I bet your best friend does not thank you by saying nothing and giving you a huge smile or cry for you(you better watch out if they are the same sex otherwise).

Spoiler( late manga)

If you want proof, look at the first issue after the time skip, Sakura definitely thinks of Naruto in a new way. What kind of question is it to ask someone who is just a friend, " Do I look more like a woman now." That type of question is just inviting a person to allow one person to check the other person out(Do you think Old Sakura would have said you can look for boobs since I have them now). Sakura definitely want to start a relationship with Naruto now.

end of spoiler.

Maybe Sakura just has a hidden crush for Naruto, but their is a possibility of love.

9. Gipo

Sakura would probably just blush...

10. Heldensheld

But what does Sasuke have to attract all these girls? All he does is be a loner, be a member of the massacred Uchiha clan, top student in the academy and just good at all aspects. He doesn't show anything, to some people he'd probably seem big-headed, keeping to himself all the time, thinking he's so big-headed.

Before the Chunnin exam, both Tenten and Temari thought Sasuke was cute...but all he did was tried to look above all, big-headed and sad. Also Sasuke just wants to kill his brother Itachi, why would girls like a person who wants to kill people?

Sasuke is probably just like a famous person, people admire him but not really LOVE him. Sakura might eventually fall in love with Naruto but that's going to take some time. Remember when Chiyo told Kakashi and team about the different types of demons? Sakura started crying and was worried about Naruto, first sign of love :blink ? Unfortunately Naruto thought that Sakura just waned her Sasuke still and made some stupid promise.

Let's hope Naruto becomes a happy man with lots and lots of wives :)

11. Chatulio

i think naruto is over his crush and now looks at sakura as a close freind or a sister type thing

12. Heldensheld

Nah, Naruto still looks desparate or has Jiraiya told him the secret to not having a woman all these years?

13. Chatulio

plot wise naruto will never get together with sakura, sakura will never get sasuke becouse they are the new generations sannin. there has to be a balance of power between them. IMO naruto will get hianta, lee will get sakura, sasuke will get some new girl or know girl or die before the end of the series

14. SleepingDisaster

how about kakashi and chiyo?

15. Sho

@"tajoh111"

Are you actually serious? You're saying that Sasuke's never done anything for Sakura and never saved her life and you're saying Naruto's done more for her? :huh

Please re-read the series since it's obvious you're way too biased. Sasuke's saved her life and put his life on the line for her as many times if not more than Naruto did. Naruto's saved her once from certain death, and that was from Gaara. Sasuke put his life on the line for her against Orochimaru(because Oro WAS gonna kill her if Sasuke didn't save her), not to mention jumped in front of her planning to protect her when the Demon Brothers were about to gut her and Tazuna (but Kakashi stopped that). He even planned to lay down his life to buy time for her and Naruto to get away from Gaara, because he didn't even plan to survive the fight. He said to Naruto, "You must save Sakura no matter what." And then you say that Sasuke's done nothing for her? :blink

[Obviously Sakura's done some things for them as well. She definitely saved their lives during the Chuunin exams in the Forest of Death.]

The only thing Naruto's done for her a little bit more than Sasuke for her was to make her feel a bit confident about herself. And even Sasuke did that when he cheered her up for when she was depressed about not being able to do anything during the Zabuza arc, during the pre-Chuunin trial phase. In fact, even Lee cheers her up as much as Naruto. Mostly she cheers herself up by saying that she's always watching their backs but now she wants to be able to help them out. Most of that is not even Naruto's doing.

And about the Naruto making her feel good about herself thing.. if you haven't noticed, that happens with EVERYONE. Naruto makes Neji feel good. Naruto makes Kiba feel good about himself. Naruto makes Hinata feel good. Naruto made Tsunade feel good and stronger about herself. Naruto makes Konohamaru feel strong about himself. Does that mean Naruto's gonna get together with them?

Anyways, main point is that Sasuke's done as much for Sakura as Naruto. Don't try to downplay all he's done for his team in order to make Naruto the biggest saint there who's done everything for them. Cause it just isn't true.

16. Nick Soapdish

The only time he was actually willing to risk anything for her was the fight against Gaara during which he wasn't able to do anything anyway (except catch her when the sand released her).

The Demon Brothers? Please. He'd already pwned them once. Kakashi did intervene, but there was no need for him to stand on the sidelines anymore since the target had been identified and it's not exactly wise to let your genins do all the fighting for you - no matter how skilled they seem.

The encounter with Orochimaru? He wasn't just saving Sakura there. Orochimaru was trying to kill him as well. If he hadn't snapped out of the fear spell, both he and Sakura would've been killed. And after Naruto returned and kept Sasuke from turning over their scroll, Orochimaru told them that he could go ahead and kill them and take the scroll anyway. And then tried to kill Sasuke again with the giant snake, but was blocked by Naruto.

He only decided to let Sasuke live once Sasuke proved that he was strong enough to be worthwhile as a container. Now, he might have been bluffing, but the matter is moot for Sasuke since he's thinking that he's fighting for both his and Sakura's lives.

To me, being willing to fight Orochimaru because he's trying to kill you and a teammate doesn't translate as saving that teammate. And he only found that strength after Naruto's example and Sakura's lecture.

When Naruto fought Gaara, he wasn't just protecting Sakura ...

after Naruto had committed to battle a second time and Sasuke had told Naruto to save Sakura and run. Prior to that, both of them could have conceivably run - although since Sasuke wasn't actually able to fight, I'm not too sure that he'd be able to run either. Maybe even Naruto couldn't have run successfully. I don't know if he's faster than Gaara or not.

But once Naruto did commit to the fight, his concern for Sakura helped him find the strength to keep fighting on twice more.

Did you forget WHY she had gotten depressed about not doing anything during the Zabuza arc?

She asked to work on teamwork with him and he told her that she was even worse than Naruto and that she should practice a jutsu or two.

He hasn't and it is true. (Well, not about Naruto having done everything. They've all contributed to Team 7's accomplishments.)

If you're arguing that Sasuke has saved team members' lives in the past, there's no contest. But generally at very little risk to himself.

There are three instances in which he planned to willingly accept a significant risk to himself to protect or help a teammate and twice he was unable to follow through. (I'm softening it with 'significant' because theoretically there's risk in any action you take.)

1. Against Haku to protect Naruto. He leapt into what he thought would be certain death to protect his teammate. Fortunately for Team 7, Haku was soft-hearted.

2. Against Gaara to let Naruto rescue Sakura. But he was too weak to fight.

3. Chasing after Naruto to warn him of Itachi. This one's a bit tricky. In my opinion, his intentions were merely to protect Naruto ... until he actually saw his brother again. Then he forgot about everything, but vengeance. But I thought his original intentions were good.

Two of those instances were only protecting Naruto and the third was intended to protect both teammates.

17. Sho

I'm talking about protecting her. Sasuke put himself at risk to protect her even if he thought he was going to win. Naruto thought he was going to win against Gaara only after he saw what Sasuke was about to do, so it's the same thing. It doesn't matter in any case, cause he was doing it for her safety.

No, Sasuke could have easily left Sakura by herself. That is definitely one of the examples where Sasuke saved Sakura just to save her. Just like the example you use when Naruto went up against Gaara. Sakura was going to *die* if Sasuke didn't break out of the fear spell, rush over to her, and carry her away. I don't see why there's a debate about this. Sasuke saved her. End of story.

In the beginning, Oro was serious. They would have died if it wasn't for Sasuke when he hit them with the fear spell. Those kunais were aiming for both their foreheads.

I'm using the example when Oro got them in the fear spell, where Sasuke DID save Sakura. It's the same as the Gaara example with Naruto. I'm not talking about his fight with Oro.

His declaration to want to 'protect everyone' also helped him too. But of course Naruto wanted to save her from Gaara at this point. So did Sasuke so I don't see what that proves.

She was thinking about the fact that she couldn't even do anything in the Zabuza arc. Naruto and Sasuke did everything while she just sat on the sidelines, that's why she was so depressed. It wasn't because Sasuke told her she was useless. She *felt* useless. When Sasuke told her she was worse than Naruto, the Zabuza arc was just beginning if I recall correctly. This is way after that arc, during the pre-Chuunin trials. It doesn't change the fact that Sasuke cheered her up when he didn't need to and got her to stop her sulking.

This is the only thing that Naruto surpasses Sasuke in doing to Sakura, and that only by a little. Cheering her up. Of course this doesn't even mention the fact that Lee cheers her up about the same number of times as Naruto. Or that Naruto cheers up everyone from Konohamaru, to Hinata, to Neji, so it's not really a strong point to work on. I doubt he'll hook up with all of them simply because he cheers them up.

In terms of saving teammates, ironically only Naruto was the only one who wasn't shown yet willing to die for his teammates. Only Sasuke and Sakura were the ones. Twice for Sasuke, when he saved Naruto from Haku and also when he was willing to hold off Gaara so Sakura and Naruto could escape (he believed he was going to die), and Sakura when she jumped to save Sasuke from Shukaku Gaara. Naruto hasn't done so yet where he actually believed he was gonna die by saving someone.

And you once again forget when Orochimaru was about to put the kunais through their heads. Sasuke needed to account for Sakura in defeating that fear spell first, and then trying to save her.

And it doesn't matter if Sasuke was unable to do those things. The fact that he was *trying* is the only thing that matters. Just like the fact that Naruto *tried* to retrieve Sasuke from the darkside, but failed still matters (since it made Sasuke not want to follow in Itachi's footsteps.)

Like I said before, Sasuke's done as much for Sakura and Team 7 as anyone else. People are trying to downplay his role he clearly saved both her and Naruto as many if not more times than Naruto saved them.

18. Nick Soapdish

And Naruto had just faced off against Gaara before hearing Sasuke's speech which reminded him of Haku. Y'know, the whole KB assault with the 1000 years of pain with the exploding kunai thing?

And perhaps it's nit-picking, but I'd place a distinction between thinking you'd win and thinking you'd have a chance to win.

Rush over to her? They were sitting right next to each other.

And yeah, he saved her. But in case you hadn't noticed, Sasuke's got some speed. Once he broke out of the fear spell, the difference between running away himself or taking Sakura was pretty negligible. If he wasn't fast enough, he still could've simply blocked the kunai and then run away.

That's what I was assuming, but I thought you might argue that Orochimaru was only trying to kill Sakura and threaten Sasuke into thinking he was trying to kill him.

See above.

Well, only one of them actually acted.

You don't recall correctly. Or at least, he also says it after the Zabuza arc. He tells her that she's weaker than Naruto and she starts thinking "Damn, he's right. All I do is stand on the side."

Only a little?

Sasuke cheered her up and made her feel better about herself all of one time - a time when he was a major contributing factor as to why she felt bad about herself to begin with.

Naruto's cheered her up on numerous occasions - sometimes unconsciously - and has inspired her to do better.

I'll be sure not to use that as my only argument for why Naruto and Sakura should get together then. :wink

So you're willing to assume that Sasuke believed he would die, but that Naruto didn't? Sasuke even commented on how Naruto was acting different when he saw Gaara. Naruto told himself that his only chance to win was by summoning Gamabunta and when he failed, told himself that it was no use. And yet, he still attacked in complete futility. After weathering Gaara's counterattack and taunts on how long until he abandoned his teammate, he attacked again with the aforementioned KB assault.

He was also willing to stay behind to slow down the Sound chuunins and jounins that were pursuing Shikamaru, Sakura, and himself, despite Shikamaru assessment that they'd probably die. Given his pause, I think that Naruto was willing to concede the possibility that he'd die facing a gang of nine ninjas of chuunins level and above.

Tsunade wasn't his teammate, but he jumped in the way to protect her despite barely being able to move.

And there's that whole "rescue Sasuke arc" when he kept fighting even after being chidori'd through the chest and losing feeling in his arm from chakra burnout.

But in general, I think you're right. For the most part, I don't think that Naruto even allows himself to think that he can lose or die.

I thought mentioning it the once was enough - although as I noted, I don't consider saving Sakura as well as himself a significant increase in risk.

Trying isn't the only thing that matters.

To quote a very wise Muppet, "Do or do not. There is no try."

Naruto tried. He could've given up thrice and no one would've known the better. When summoning Gamabunta while in Desert Coffin, while getting close enough for the headbutt, and when crawling towards him at the end.

Each of those times, he was beaten. He'd (apparently) given it his all.

But he found more. And that is why he won. (Well, the third time was unnecessary for the fight as it turned out, except that it changed Gaara.)

Trying is important. Sasuke's declaration that he intended to try inspired Naruto by reminding him of Haku.

But anytime that you try and fail, there's always going to be a question - even if only in your own head - of whether you could've tried harder.

Just look at how much speculation there is about the battle between Naruto and Sasuke.

I don't think there's any speculation about whether Naruto gave it his all when fighting Gaara or Kabuto.

But he's generally unwilling to make sacrifices for the team. Most of those have been at little risk to himself.

19. tajoh111

Sasuke cares for Naruto more than Sakura.

In all honesty, Sasuke probaly cares for Naruto more than Sakura. The reason being Naruto has more desireable ninja traits than Sakura. Sasuke is not looking for any sort of relationship right now and see's nothing in Sakura. At best during his stay with team 7, he was looking for at most a friend(and he definitely wasn't even looking for this much either), but for sure not a girlfriend. So as a result he bonded with Naruto because he was turning out to be a good ninja and it forced him to try harder to outdo him.

Sakura on the other hand was just a hinderance in Sasuke's mind. Naruto was always more useful and she was the one that needed to be protected or had to stay out of the fight most often. These are things that someone like Sasuke found annoying. Their is no question Naruto was Sasuke best friend and not Sakura, so it is obvious that he had to care for him more. (The only way he could care more than a bestfriend is if he liked Sakura in a girlfriend manner which he did not)

Remember, also that Sasuke has insulted Sakura on far more occasions (Naruto has never insulted her) than actually complimenting her and making her feel better. Sasuke in fact never really said a real compliment to any one. (sort of says ones to Naruto, but this is a stretch).

Compare this to Naruto, he has complimented her and has cheered her up. The difference he has done towards Sakura is that he has been hurt as a result of Sakura weakness and cheers her up through words. He basically takes all the negative out of the situation, bears it like a burden and does everything himself. Almost like a patriot. Same thing for the most recent anime, and same thing with the promise of a liftime. This is something special that he does for Sakura. He is her shield. He does things most personally for her, something Sasuke has never really done.
    Any cheering up Sasuke has done is canceled out by his negative words towards Sakura.

Narutos cheering up is different than those you have mentioned because
    for others when he cheers them up through words, he play just a fan adding support to the situation. Its his personality talking and him being himself, he not sacrifacing anything.

Sasuke on the other hand cheers up no one. He is rather depressing and makes people feel worse.

The Gaara situation was really big, although Sasuke did play some part, even in the end Sasuke admitted that Naruto was the hero that saved the day, not him. It wasn't pride, it was a truth that he was embarrassed about. Sakura took special notice of naruto after Sasuke said this(This is a biggy because Sakura was probaly closest to death at this point).

About those demon brother Sasuke wasn't protecting anyone in a caring manner, he was just trying to attack them and beat them. She was more of a protector than he was in that situation. He was just acting in a purely instinctive level, it had nothing to do with emotions or feeling. Although he always wants Sakura to be saved, he is doing it in a mission context. He is not doing it, because he loves her.

Later on in the Zabuza arc, when Zabuza first attacks, Naruto acts on his promise and wish to become a better ninja. He shows his great maturity and is very useful in the situation. Naruto has to try to become a ninja and want to be the best. This is why people get cheered up by him more and notice his accomplishments.

Sasuke in naturally gifted and success is expected of him. This tend to not develope the same sort of feelings as Naruto. While it is unexpected of Naruto since in the beginning of the anime he was a dropout and failing ninja, Naruto does succeed. This is the sort of cliched' shining ray of hope idea. Naruto has become a symbol to those who know him.( How many people have flashed back to Naruto for Motivation?)

What this ultimately means is Naruto has done far more in the story(it's also because he is the main character) in a positive way than Sasuke. Naruto has impacted people lives for the better far more than Sasuke.

Sasuke does thing almost mechanically and emotionlessly. He never says his feeling or anything. He just does the mission and never explains his motives besides wanting to kill his brother.

Sasuke is not useless, but naruto is typically always the hero of the day and finishes of the enemy.

Spoilers
    Spoiler:

Zabuza arc --Makes Haku give up the fight.(although not the end of the arc), he also makes Zabuza feel guilty about Haku, which is the final act of the fight.
    Chunnin arc -- Beats Gaara(although he doesn't save the 3rd)
    5th hokage Arc -- Inspires tsunade and beats Kabuto
    Runner arc -- Although equal work was involved, Naruto is the one to break the sword.
    Naruto vs Sasuke arc, Naruto was the hero(although a failure) Sasuke was a villain.

I am not saying that Sasuke does nothing, it just Naruto is always the hero and Sasuke is a sidekick who assists the hero.

I think you have Sasuke Bias Sho honestly if you think Sasuke is equal to Naruto in the success of team 7's missions. Naruto is the main character and always will tend to have the bigger share, hence Sasuke feelings of inferiority towards naruto towards the end.

20. lekki

You guys came out with your giant posts too soon and you have effectively killed the thead. Few are gonna wanna read that tirade right now:(
    And no it wouldn't happen and would spoil the story.

21. darkknigh61189

Hm, this is an interesting question. I believe that, now, Sakura is probably definitely looking for someone new to like. Her heart was broken when Sasuke left her, and she probably doesn't want to be reminded of the pain. As for Naruto, under normal curcumstances, I think he still likes Sakura, but it's hard to be sure because so far Naruto's been too busy trying to save Gaara.

22. SolidDragoonX

Naruto probably thinks that there is no chance that they will ever get together, Sakura may like Naruto but will never admit that unless Naruto is dieing or is already dead. Therefore, it would all be a secret crush and will never be out in the open....

23. sik4rilz

she would have been like 1)..thats so sweet..2) *slap*...*secrectly know's she does too..dotdotdot...lol.

24. tajoh111

I think she is over her crush.

Sasuke was never a good match with Sakura, they are too unalike.

She might have said she loved Sasuke during her last moments together but she probaly didn't want him to screw up his life so much by going after Oro.

I think it was out of desperation, because that scene did not show us true sakura at all. It showed us the side that we all hate and don't like.

Part of the reason I think she is getting over her crush is she is starting to like Naruto more. After she found out Sasuke was not dead in the latest episode she was almost already content. If this was some extreme love that was true from the very beginning, she was still be trying to rescue him.

She just that type of person. She knows Naruto is the only one that can get him back as she puts it because she knows Sasuke doesn't love her.

She obviously knows that Sasuke doesn't love her, and is getting over her crush. On the other hand.

Her respect and admiration are growing for Naruto. She now accepts his full protection and even follows much of his orders to a certain degree, when he tells her to do things in battle.

Plus she does cry out alot when she thinks naruto is in danger.

I don't think it is a brotherly/sisterly friendship developing.

Just think about it, can you see Naruto acting as the older brother(he has to be the younger because its his personality(he not very mature compared to Sakura). What he does right now is what an older brother does, protect, keep Sakura happy and etc. But he is not the older brother in the relationship.

Can you see sakura as the younger sister. I don't think so, she is way more mature than naruto in that sense.

Naruto role is the boyfriend and protector.

25. mrsonic

Did anyone everthink that love won't count on the pairing in the begining? I mean what about arranged marriages? What if Jayria sells Naruto to some Ramen cook? Like in Ranma! Or he gets engaged with Hinata because Hiashi promised Yondiame?????????? :wink

26. MrBradMan

back to the original question...

I think sakura would say something like "hai hai hai"
    Dismissing it as another one of Naruto's practical jokes or usual attempts to win her over. It might also be possible that she'd turn away and say something like "Thank you... but I can not let go of Sasuke-kun in my heart."

I think those would be more realistic responses from that character.

As for the rest of this thread, I think people should put aside whether Naruto would actually do this, or who belongs with who, because we're just exploring a hypothetical =D

27. L^_Force

I think Sakura would say she doesn't like him that way and they are friends.

She probably not hit Naruto if he say it seriously but I don?t think she will suddenly turn her feeling to Naruto before meet Susuke one more time (for manga ch. 266 timeline).

Spoiler: answer spoiler
    Sakura still think only Sasuke but she was angry cause she always was centric of Naruto's attention but at that time she thought she had lost important. I think in that situation if change from Naruto to Lee, she would be angry too. (But this only opinion for filler not in main story)

Or she only angry cause she thought Naruto tried to got her girl :D see my sig

I had agreed, I might had bias but I think after she always berated, scolded, punched, hit and threw Naruto to the wall she should not end up with him who so kind. (Post time skip even she looked more respected Naruto but she still punched him baddddly -_-?) I had not against Saskura and this is only fiction story but... in the real world if any girl treated me like that I would not chase after her any more.

Unless Naruto is MASOCHISM, :D I would understand how come he like Sakura since Academy?s years even he always got only her fists.
    (He had not started his attention after they worked together in Team 7.If this is romance story that is a big hole plot cause we don't understand why he like her. I think Kishimoto not good in romance which I could excepted cause this is action story)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  28. Kunoichi

Sasuke didn't overly willingly save Sakura. He only did it because you cannot pass the second part of the Chuunin exams if even one of your team-mates is unable to fight or is dead. -- Just my two cents. ^^;;

29. Chibi Rokudaime

First off, it's proven that Naruto won't say anything to Sakura as long as she cares for Sasuke. When Tsunade came back to Konoha with Naruto, he had a big change in character. He saw how sad was Sakura was, how much she cared for Sasuke. When Naruto say this, he officially backed down. Tsunade noticed this and commented via her thoughts, she realised how much Naruto cared for Sakura, and what he did showed class. From that point on it came inpossible for Naruto to say anything to Sakura.

Now WHY does Sakura like Sasuke. Well this is a ninja village, Sasuke has the MOST raw skill(Keep in mind that Sasuke is named after Sarutobi Sasuke Japan's greatest ninja ever, Anime legends and miracles are based upon this guy.), so in a ninja village, the strongest would make you the most attractive. He also ignores girls and "plays hard to get". Sasuke is also intelligent and the girls find him very handsome. Back to the "hard to get" part, not only girls but guys to, they like what they can't have, this is fact through psychology, humans want what they can't have. This is more apparent in girls, this is true even in real life, the good guy doesn't get the girl, it is the abusive, mean, arrogant bad boy who gets the girl. Sasuke is dominent, Naruto is submissive. By majority, female hormones are attracted to dominent traits, which is why Sakura likes Sasuke, not Naruto.

Here is something that shows there is a possibility of a Sakura Sasuke relationship, they have chemistry. The first real talk anyone in team 7 had, it was Sakura and Sasuke. Sasuke ends up telling Sakura she is annoying but it was a real talk and it wasnt for the sake of team work. Sakura and Sasuke are both intelligent, they are able to communicate more easily, and they work well together(best shown in Naruto Movie 1). Sasuke asks Sakura to keep the cursed seal a secret from Naruto(Secrets form bonds ^_~). In the first exam, you see in Sakura and Sasuke's thoughts, about the test, it is obvious that their minds are on communicatable wavelengths. That level of thinking is far beyond Naruto's capability, however Sakura and Sasuke get it just fine.

Yes Sakura DOES care for naruto, however it's a brother/sister relationship now. Sakura-Naruto is not a possible relationship, a Sakura-Sasuke relationship is possible but won't happen due to the plot.

30. cinosweiv

Sakura is not a fool, she knows from the first day that Naruto has a crush on her, and Naruto is not intentionally trying to hide his feeling to Sakura.
    All Sakura cares is Sasuke, and she is quite a selfish girl in the first part of the series.
    That's all Sakura is in the first part of the series.

Now, in the second series, I like her character more than before. More mature.